Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League (18802 Views)

UEFA, Premier League, Top Clubs Reject European Super League / Bayern Munich Reject Barcelona's Third Offer For Robert Lewandoski / Dortmund Bayern Live Stream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by fredoooooo: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Germans are discipline...
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by ogabethel(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
Having members in the national assembly is only but interest to the minority few who are benefiting from the system.

You're Chelsea fan but yet disagree with the club on the decision to join the super league. So you don't see your situation with Chelsea as the same with other Igbo people in Nigeria?

SouthSouth1914:
Yes! It is senseless, especially Chelsea. They should be stripped off their qualifications and their position given to Porto. You can’t be playing in UCL and be positioning yo play in another league.

Just like our Igbo brothers, you can’t be fighting for Biafra and having senators in the National Assembly. This is greed of the highest order! You can heap abuses on me, but this is the simple truth.

I am a Chelsea fan in between.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by ServanTheG(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
fredoooooo:
Germans are discipline...
It is not really discipline. German clubs are mainly owned by fans,and the fans do not like the idea. Other clubs in other countries may not respect their fans opinion,but German clubs do
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by emmyw(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Yes! It is senseless, especially Chelsea. They should be stripped off their qualifications and their position given to Porto. You can’t be playing in UCL and be positioning yo play in another league.

Just like our Igbo brothers, you can’t be fighting for Biafra and having senators in the National Assembly. This is greed of the highest order! You can heap abuses on me, but this is the simple truth.

You Sound So Stupid, Next Time If You Don't Have Anything Sensible To Say, Keep Quiet Than Spitting Trash!

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by basork: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good one for me all the clubs that have indicated interest in this new madness should be deducted 30 points each.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Banter1(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

is't only Chelsea that join in England?
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Elxandre(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
ada9ja:

it should be....igbo brothers fighting for Biafra and still be voting during Nigeria election or trying to travel out with Nigerian Passport
And you think every single person in the east is fighting for Biafra?
They shouldn't travel out too, When they're already denied topmost positions in Nigeria?

I wonder why people like you won't let them leave I peace if your don't like them. It's common sense.
At least if you don't want them to leave, you should see them as equals.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Foodforthought: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
It's the new world order. You can't stop it. It will engulf sports as a whole. The emergence of the mega league of the rich super clubs. One stage, one platform, one TV deal, one game, no national or racial lines. Money is the bait. FIFA and UEFA will eventually cave in....it's a planned front. The end of cultural football. The end of legacy fans and the birth of entertainment for the neutral soccer enthusiast. Welcome to the European Super League.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Necksonnel: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
sylve11:

Seems you do not know why these big teams are forming this ESL. Smh sad cool

Why all this super league? I still don’t even understand there point of trying to leave UCL
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Burstit(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

See low reasoning abeg!

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Numerouno94(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
we arsenal fans are in support o.. we no send o
Frying pan to fire.gringrin
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by ada9ja(f): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
Elxandre:

And you think every single person in the east is fighting for Biafra?
They shouldn't travel out too, When they're already denied topmost positions in Nigeria?

I wonder why people like you won't let them leave I peace if your don't like them. It's common sense.
At least if you don't want them to leave, you should see them as equals.

Where do u crawled out without the upstairs
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by betcoin1: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
Lossing alot in sport betting? Check my signature The App will help you to start making profit.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by benqo01(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Forming European super league is senseless to me,ah these clubs needs to be banned if something as such comes to materialize.

What nonsense having UCL and this shit
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Elxandre(m): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
ada9ja:

Where do u crawled out without the upstairs
The person I'm arguing with can't even write in English.
Smh at myself.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by jizzison(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hmmm... The European Super League plan is getting more serious by the minute.
I personally don't want this to go ahead.
Imagine a player in any of this teams waking up and your only goal is to win ESL title with your clubside.
That aside, If the joining clubs gets banned from UEFA Competitions, their various leagues. The battle for who wins the highest number of premier league titles, FA Cups, Laligas, Serie A, Bundesligas will just end like that? WOW!
I guess clubs like Ajax, Porto, Sevilla, Leicester City will be punching the air and dreaming of getting European glory and league titles.
Then again, the big clubs joining the ESL gets these various Competitions the most profits.

The only reason to this is just about the money.
Greed has totally taken over football.
All the big clubs want to share the profits among themselves. Viewership/Broadcasting rights, Sponsorship among other things.
But where's the excitement?
No knockouts/relegation because it's a league with no 2nd tier division like the English championship where Norwich just got promoted back to the premier league.

I don't want this ESL to stand.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by uunwanaobong3: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
With all honesty, i dont support this greedy super league. I hate it.

But DORTMUND CEO CAN NOT SPEAK FOR BAYARN MUNICH... INFACT I THINK DORTMUND IS NOT EVEN NEEDED IN THE SUPER LEAGUE..... The three remaining clubs that super league is waiting for are; BAYARN MUNICH, PSG AND (LYON OR PORTO OR AJAX).

BAYARN AND PSG HAS DECIDED TO WAIT AND SEE IF THE PUSH WILL BE SUCCESFUL BEFORE THEY JOIN......, AS A MANCITY FAN, I WAS EXPECTING MANCITY TO TAKE BAYARN AND PSG STAND (WAIT AND SEE BEFORE JOINING)..... BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED TO SEE MANCITY IN THE FIRST GREEDY 12,.... AS FOR MANCITY, THIS IS NOT A GOOD PATH TO WALK ON AFTER SUFFERING A FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY GANG UP AND ABUSE BY A GROUP OF HATEFUL 8 CLUBS. WE SHOULD BE CONSIDERATE TO OTHER UP-COMING CLUBS LIKE LICESTER, EVERTON, NEWCASTER ETC, WHO ARE LIKE US THEN AND THEY NEED INVESTMENT TO BE LIKE US NOW.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by BSF: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
Foodforthought:
It's the new world order. You can't stop it. It will engulf sports as a whole. The emergence of the mega league of the rich super clubs. One stage, one platform, one TV deal, one game, no national or racial lines. Money is the bait. FIFA and UEFA will eventually cave in....it's a planned front. The end of cultural football. The end of legacy fans and the birth of entertainment for the neutral soccer enthusiast. Welcome to the European Super League.

mmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Edun00700: 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
Am not against the European super league but the problem is what is arsenal FC doing there hmm, Once the European super league Starts Arsenal Will become the New Sheffield United there oh��
CalabarPikin:
Milan, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur

With this guys up there, super league may come to stay

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Dannyozs(m): 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
Seems some ppl do not want to picture the far reaching consequences of this development. Mind you the ESL was never about the competition, this will be all about money, money, money to milk the game of football as much as possible.

Like a get rich quick system which condemns hardwork or due process, in this case it will be to hell with all the football teams who will never make the league.

The founding teams (12 or 15) will never be relegated irrespective of how they play.

The financial gap between elite teams and the unlucky ones will seriously affect the transfer market. Football will be all about money going forward which will breed more corruption, eliminate competition, ensure that these teams will dominate whatever is left of football going forward.

Mid table and struggling teams will have to fold up as they will only be chasing shadows.

The thrill that comes within the domestic leagues and UEFA competitions will no longer be there or here.

Why will anyone want to watch these teams play each other week in week out? What about longevity? The excitement that comes with big teams from different leagues playing each other once in a while?

Yes surely, viewers will be thrilled but after 2, 3 years it becomes repetitive, no more surprises, see finish, a money generating enterprise.

*Which is why the actual football fans - fans who support clubs in their local, fans who follow their teams not because they are popular, who have history with these teams, coaches, critics are strongly against it. Football should not just be about money, yes you need money to run these clubs but immediately it becomes solely about generating money kiss the game goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Dannyozs(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
jizzison:
Hmmm... The European Super League plan is getting more serious by the minute.
I personally don't want this to go ahead.
Imagine a player in any of this teams waking up and your only goal is to win ESL title with your clubside.
That aside, If the joining clubs gets banned from UEFA Competitions, their various leagues. The battle for who wins the highest number of premier league titles, FA Cups, Laligas, Serie A, Bundesligas will just end like that? WOW!
I guess clubs like Ajax, Porto, Sevilla, Leicester City will be punching the air and dreaming of getting European glory and league titles.
Then again, the big clubs joining the ESL gets these various Competitions the most profits.

The only reason to this is just about the money.
Greed has totally taken over football.
All the big clubs want to share the profits among themselves. Viewership/Broadcasting rights, Sponsorship among other things.
But where's the excitement?
No knockouts/relegation because it's a league with no 2nd tier division like the English championship where Norwich just got promoted back to the premier league.

I don't want this ESL to stand.
I agree with you. The reason why there would be no relegation is to ensure the money keeps circulating among themselves irrespective of how they play.

This is what capitalism looks like. All other teams can fold up, no sponsorship, no support, how will they keep up?
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by jizzison(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
BabaIbo:

Second most successful European club?

Are you sure you are normal?

The plan can always proceed without Bayern, Budesliga is not even among the top 3 leagues.
Bayern is at least in top 3 if not top 4 richest club in the Europe.
Though in Germany Fans has a major say in what goes and what comes since most clubs over there are owned by them.
The organizers of this ESL will have reps meeting with Bayern hierarchy to persuade them to join.
Who knows what may happen after?
Besides I'm not sure if anyone has seen an official statement released by Bayern stating that they rejected joining the ESL.
As for Borussia Dortmund, I can't argue about them rejecting any offer to join the ESL. A club that has no debts, sells their biggest future stars for huge chunk of money and pours majority of it's profits back into the scouts/academy instead of spending excessive wages on players.
Their vision in breeding young talents for profits no be here.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by kiddkash(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

I know. also you can't be calling igbos Ipob and then claiming you don't want Nigeria to break apart.

when one points one finger, 3 point straight back at the person

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by hyduffy: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Man Utd nko, Arserner, Real Madrid, Man City are they not currently in the UEFA competition..? Why u come carry Chelsea own for head.. All these other clubs them no follow announce..? They try reason with ur brain, E get why..
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by SouthSouth1914: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Burstit:
See low reasoning abeg!

Not really. Your hands is deep in someone’s pockets feeding fat, yet you call the person an enemy. If your reasoning is high, you’d see and understand what I meant.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by SouthSouth1914: 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
hyduffy:

You see why u no get sense... Man Utd nko, Arserner, Real Madrid, Man City are they not currently in the UEFA competition..? Why u come carry Chelsea own for head.. All these other clubs them no follow announce..? They try reason with ur brain, E get why..

You are brainless and no capacity to read between the lines.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Both Oduduwa, and Arewa have senators in House of Assembly. You could have made your point without sounding ill and stu.pid

2 Likes

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by fredoooooo: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
ServanTheG:
It is not really discipline. German clubs are mainly owned by fans,and the fans do not like the idea. Other clubs in other countries may not respect their fans opinion,but German clubs do
That's where the discipline comes ...
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by jizzison(m): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
Dannyozs:
I agree with you. The reason why there would be no relegation is to ensure the money keeps circulating among themselves irrespective of how they play.

This is what capitalism looks like. All other teams can fold up, no sponsorship, no support, how will they keep up?

Exactly bro, capitalism in it's purest form.
I was telling a friend of mine that these clubs don't need UEFA, it's UEFA that needs them.
Now it's there for all to see.
US Investments Bank JP Morgan will be Funding the ESL with €3.5Bn.
Plans have gone far already.
Many big personalities are pulling out of the ECA.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by BabaIbo: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
jizzison:

Bayern is at least in top 3 if not top 4 richest club in the Europe.
Though in Germany Fans has a major say in what goes and what comes since most clubs over there are owned by them.
The organizers of this ESL will have reps meeting with Bayern hierarchy to persuade them to join.
Who knows what may happen after?
Besides I'm not sure if anyone has seen an official statement released by Bayern stating that they rejected joining the ESL.
As for Borussia Dortmund, I can't argue about them rejecting any offer to join the ESL. A club that has no debts, sells their biggest future stars for huge chunk of money and pours majority of it's profits back into the scouts/academy instead of spending excessive wages on players.
Their vision in breeding young talents for profits no be here.

I'm talking about the second "most successful" tag part.
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by jizzison(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
BabaIbo:

I'm talking about the second "most successful" tag part.
Oh sorry about that. I didn't know, I thought you were doubting Bayern being amongst the top 3/4/5 rich clubs
Re: Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League by Primase: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

You are an idiot!

And the Igbophobia in you was suddenly triggered and you have to bring in Biafra agitation in a football affair.

Are you ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshoala, Barca Teammates Crowned Spanish Women’s League Champions / Leicester City Sacks Craig Shakespeare As Coach / We Won’t Fall For Algerians’ Antics, Omeruo Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.