Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging (38080 Views)

Ondo SUBEB To Pay N290,470 As Annual Salary To A Degree Holder On Grade Level 8 / 2018/2019 Futminna Postgraduate (master's Degree Program ) Discussion Thread. / When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Jimmyubah2: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
Whatever rocks your boat, do it man.
It's better than yahoo yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Stomoney(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
No come Rob me bro grin
Kingrefreshed:

How much be your salary no vex shocked shocked grin
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Stomoney(m): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
Which of the keke type sir?
samwillyco1:

Keke Engineer, please I need one in my shop (Keke spare parts shop ) in Onitsha
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Yungban: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
Really
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Kingrefreshed: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
Stomoney:
No come Rob me bro grin

No na motivation I dey look for grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Stanchem029: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
appealing1:
please forgive me, if I can help myself I won't be begging have been looking for help on nairaland.my name Anthony am from Edem in Nsuka LGA of Enugu state. Am 29 years of age. For the past 13 years now have been suffering from quadriplegia spinal chord injury. Am only alive today because my aging mother look after me but life is now too very hard for us, my mother is diabetic and her health is now worst.My hands is partially affected due to spinal injure and I can no earn any money because of it. my family have suffered and spend so much on us and is only me and my mother that live in our house here in the village no one else here to help. am suffering from serious UTI infection because I can not get proper treatment and because am not able to change cathetaar regularly. we find it hard to feed or buy drugs and healthcare treatments like cathetaar, adultdiaper, suppositryetc.Please am calling upon well meaning Nigerians to please have mercy and help us, please nothing is too small nd to NGO that can accept my condition please. Almighty God bless you, more detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LMGAOMzamk

Anthony M Okeke is cursed forever
[/color][color=black]6002

Criminal, why not repent now?
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by KingUg(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
samwillyco1:

That business gives money as drug business.
It is a good business if you endure injuries that you will be getting on a daily basis, secondly no fine boy during the business hours
sorry man did I hear you say drugs business as in cocaine & the likes or drugs running a pharmacy store shocked I don’t believe man
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by jclassiq(m): 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
kponkedenge:
Imagine spending so much money on education and ending up like this.
This country no dey try at all.
Almost all job now requires experience.... How would someone gain that experience if you don't employ him or her.

May God help us all.

Ending up like how? You guys dont think thats why most of you are jobless and waiting for manna from haven.

Mind you, This is not his end. Only beginning.

1 Like

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
clockwisereport:
Waste of school fees
It's better than stealing other peoples money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
kponkedenge:
Imagine spending so much money on education and ending up like this.
This country no dey try at all.
Almost all job now requires experience.... How would someone gain that experience if you don't employ him or her.

May God help us all.
The employers are mad
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
jaxxy:
Bros uve tried but.. All the way from katsina to Lagos to do scrap business, which I wud say can be lucrative on bt on a larger scale..

which kind country be this. undecided

May God save us in this country yet this people will be stealing money and keep it in Dubai while some people are looking for food to eat
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
KINGSATANREBORN:
Abokis are naturally foo.lish. Don't forget that they're by default ki.llers.
Your brothers that are burning police stations up and down are smart idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
2elliot:
Should have used that money realized from the sale of land to start a business or something. Education beyond secondary school is a scam in Nigeria except some key professional courses.
Like what
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
na2016:

Stop generalizing, you will not hear. One of the best lecturers I have seen in a very highly ranked University outside this country is an aboki.
There are other ones like that. Stop generalization. Even this guy, maybe making so much money from his scrap. Stop generalization and stop looking down on people
Just leave the fool most of them think Nigeria is 1960s I laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by jaxxy(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

May God save us in this country yet this people will be stealing money and keep it in Dubai while some people are looking for food to eat

The politicians have divided us the masses for their own benefit using ethnicity and religion. We are fighting each other and they are looting our collective patrimony away.

We the masses better start thinking differently or they will keep using us. We are the ones suffering not them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by ayandee: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
scrap business is a lucrative business. I know a former neighbour and friend who resigned his job in a mid-level role to venture into this business. He's doing quite well today. He approaches companies in need of those scrap metals while his mallam boys do the gathering.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
Simran94:

Sorry to say this but a Masters degree in development studies is the DUMBEST thing anyone can ever do. Like what exactly is Development studies?

Most times when people say they went to the university and came out with no job after few years of graduation, firstly ask them what course they studied. It is from their responses we will get the right solution.

It is not everything we will blame the government for. What role will someone with a degree in Development studies be given in any company? What skillsets does such person have to offer to employers? It is like employing someone with a degree in LAW to come and work as a medical doctor in an hospital.
but it's history that is his first degree may be he can get teaching job
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Hassanmaye(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
jaxxy:

The politicians have divided us the masses for their own benefit using ethnicity and religion. We are fighting each other and they are looting our collective patrimony away.

We the masses better start thinking differently or they will keep using us. We are the ones suffering not them.
It's true, it's them Vs us, osinbajo, buhari, oshemole,...
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Goldbw122(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
clockwisereport:
Waste of school fees
At least he speaks good english, he can connect to society at will.. no biggie
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by 3ple9ine(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
I applied for Nigerian Army, Navy, and Air force. I also applied for Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps, Nigerian Immigration Service, Customs Service, Fire Service, Correctional Service, Nigerian Police, and the recent one that I applied was National Drug Law Enforcement Agency NDLEA which they called me for an aptitude test and up till date, I have neither received a message nor heard about anything about the test.
Nawa oo
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by olopan(m): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Please kindly check your inbox
Stomoney:
This is not new in this country. I could remember back then in 2013 I was forced to study Glass and Ceramic tech at fedpolyado. First semester I had 2.43(chronic pass grin), second semester on 2.46 with many carry-over just because I wasn't given the course I applied for. My set was the worst according to the lecturers then but it took the best of Mr Shado who enlighten us about Nigeria education. I got motivated and came out with 2.97 (almost upper credit during my OND) and 3.35 upper credit during my HND. Las Las na Automobile company (BAJAJ) I dey work now as engineer
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
And Buhari is on the throne with only (fake) SSCE to boast of.

Smh.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by Zubydeangelo(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
Makes me wonder if school na scam
Northurmate:
-Despite having a Master’s degree, Yazid Surajo is a scavenger.

-He chose to do menial jobs rather than stay idle, waiting for a white collar job. He recently posted on his Facebook page, his pictures carrying some scrap and copies of his certificates saying ‘It’s better to die on your feet than to live on your knees, I would rather be dirty and satisfied than clean and hungry’. 

- Daily Trust Saturday met with him in Lagos where he does his scrap business and he shed more light on how he was able to study to Master’s degree level despite the challenges he encountered.

https://dailytrust.com/why-i-opted-for-scavenging-masters-degree-holder
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Strange things are happening...

Brother you must have been listening too much to those fellows who usually chorus the following:

"Condemn condemn barter by trade!"

In the neighborhood and u allowed it to appeal to you.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by shegzhkn: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

It’s ALSO a geographic location where an orphaned apprentice like Cosmas Maduka (Choscharis) becomes a billionaire...
Where the son of an illiterate tailor (and an ex-tailor himself) like Razak Okoya ends up a billionaire industrialist...
Where someone like Innocent Chukwuma (Innoson), with only a basic education ends up being a billionaire industrialist...
Where a self-described “village boy from Egbu” (a village in Owerri) like Pascal Dozie builds a successful bank...
Where sons of civil servants like Tony Elumelu and Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede become Africa’s biggest bankers and philanthropists...
Where a little girl from a modest family like Ibukun Awosika builds a furniture business and ends up on international boards...
Where a kid who was so poor that he couldn’t afford shoes for school ends up being the president of the federal republic!

We could go on and on infinitum...
But BEWARE OF THE DANGERS OF THE SINGLE NARRATIVE!!

>

should we give u a list of the norms in Nigeria.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by maasoap(m): 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
clockwisereport:
Waste of school fees

Thanks to the kind of leaders we've been having since the return of democracy.

Lankyscot:
Nigeria, a geographic location where dreams are DESTROYED on a daily basis!

The number of Unemployed/underemployed graduates in Nigeria at the moment far surpass the number of fully employed graduates. My certificate will be eleven years old this October, very useless. At least, for the moment.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by maasoap(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
iceberylin:
Give aboki PHD He's still Aboki, like the ones in Govt
Master's degree holder should be able to come up with something better to do.

It is like dem take tribalism and stereotyping curse some of you. From SW, SE, SS to North, there are many graduates are wasting away. Did you know how many first degree holders, master degree holders and PhD holders that applied for Dangote Truck Drivers back in the days? You think all of them were "abokis"?
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by codedexample: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

Huh? shocked

Not exactly sure I what point you are struggling to make...
But I am the dude who stated above that education is NEVER wasted.

Nonetheless, if you are getting a degree solely to get a job...
Then the PERTINENT question is whether your degree is RELEVANT to the needs of the job market!

<

struggling you say....

laughing stunt....

i deliberately put it forth like that....

you are not dealing with mediocre ..guy...

a full fledged saner soul....

and to our point,

i shall redeliver- him holding masters degree is a great achievement that should be applauded...

labour market is what it is nowaday in our blessed nation; a trained, relevant, competent soul are not being given a fair chance to access a labour market.

so any initiatives/innovation within the ambit of law of the land are welcomed.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by codedexample: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
maasoap:

Thanks to the kind of leaders we've been having since the return of democracy.

The number of Unemployed/underemployed graduates in Nigeria at the moment far surpass the number of fully employed graduates. My certificate will be eleven years old this October, very useless. At least, for the moment.

guy be thankful for having what millions of ur types are struggling to achieve...

with time you shall know the value of gold you are holding......

pls mark that.
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by semyman: 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
clockwisereport:
Waste of school fees
YAHOO Yahoo potential mindset
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by SolarEdge: 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
Why is this topic a debate for crying out loud? Nigerians are really dumb you know.. Once you get a degree they feel you're entitled to being an OPERATION MANAGER IN SHELL
I know of a scavenger who's a millionaire. Getting a master degree is overrated even when our education system is backward in all perspective.

LET'S KICK OUT UNEMPLOYMENT TOGETHER... THIS THREAD CAN CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE OR THAT OF SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU....https://www.nairaland.com/6514216/start-solar-company-today-free#100938960
Re: Master’s Degree Holder: Why I Opted For Scavenging by samwillyco1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
KingUg:
sorry man did I hear you say drugs business as in cocaine & the likes or drugs running a pharmacy store shocked I don’t believe man

Please I know what am talking about, the business gives much money if you are loading to a company. But very risky and dirty business.

The business can make you a millionaire within a day and can also send you to the village within a day if you are not careful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Afe Babalola University In Pictures / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.