Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23028 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 20, 2021
papyskinsy:

No laminated copies accepted.. most ppl where even thinking of removing the laminated paper.. they said they need the non laminated copies to authenticate

Na still the same thin.

The reason I said u should laminate it so as to look like original.

To them.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by sow4me(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2021
The lady i was working with would want us to go everywhere together. Evn when we travel, we wld lodge together. She wont let me touch anything but wle be dressing almost naked. I ran wen she almost killed me with unclothedness finish. I cant die cuz i dey do PA.

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by BabaIbo: 10:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

This is funny! grin

If I had a gun, I would have killed so many people.

LoL...

Almost 60 - 70 percent of the workers let that period.

Another thing was that transportation during that period was very high(transportation cost doubled or tripled then). That was when fuel was scarce and was selling on a high price.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2021
jimmyolasun:
the HR wanted me to date/marry her daughter. I walked out on her like the king I am..

now the idiot that accepted is now living large and jumping from across country like say naa within streets..

I should have just been a simp and accepted the offer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by HeyHey(f): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2021
First one, was posted there during NYSC. He accepted my posting but said I could not start until he talked with my husband. I stayed there one week and printed another form for him to reject me (i had not submitted his acceptance).

Second one, spent the whole interview asking about my husband too , I tell am the work my husband dey work, he said "that job, I know how much they pay them", I no answer am. Interview finish, he say tell your husband you have work boyfriend oo (con use laff cover am), i left and never returned o

I have been freelancing/in between jobs ever since. I do need a steady job sha embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by fablani(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2021
mine was that I Will resume a marketing Job by 8am which I must report to office which I spends almost 900 naira to and fro everyday from a salary of 25k a month. I must always wear different corporate dress everyday.

and at the end of the month if my I didn't meet my target of getting up to 50 people to insure their assets with the company, they will review my salary downwards to 15 or 10k.

na so I japa o. my friend that did that work for a month was not even paid a dime.

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Waffarianman(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2021
Mine few days back my idiotic boss after working with them for 3years he demoted me from manager to ordinary labor worker in the factory. I should be the one on/off the generators and offloading/ loading containers... After accepting the offer that day the next day I kukuma no come work again till now he keeps calling to come work as a labor. Na Baba God go funish am, motor jam am kpai, Ogun kpoff He generation... #wemove

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Tastyme: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Next time forged a certificate for them, that omit one of ur name or use one name like that.

2, U should have scan ur certificate and print it out in coloured form, it will look like original, u will laminate it, and give them then u keep the original. For ur self.

No problem in this world that don't have solution.

Only for deep thinker

Thanks for this knowledge man!

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Yaks02(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:
I don't stay in the city/country, so...

If this would count tho.

Where are you?
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Lemmy123(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2021
I was working with an Indian company called Onshore Construction Company back then in Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos.. We had to work from Monday to Saturday, Sunday was overtime but they made that Sunday pay more than double the real everyday pay, so we had to strive and go just so we'd have some extra pay on top the salary..
I began to lose weight because I usually leave my house before 6am and return by 8pm or thereabout and sometimes 10pm when traffic was really tight, and I had to get up by 4 to start preparing food I'd take to work the next day... The condition was horrible... I bear it for 10 months and ran away... The suffering was topnotch! My overall health is just as important as the money...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by johnkey: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:
thanks for this but not interested need something I can supervise

Got spare 5m to put in
Am thinking of buying two or 3 cars for hire purchase
Are you still looking for someone to give a car on hire purchase. if yes I've got a trusted loyal guy this can benefit.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Yaks02(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Next time forged a certificate for them, that omit one of ur name or use one name like that.

2, U should have scan ur certificate and print it out in coloured form, it will look like original, u will laminate it, and give them then u keep the original. For ur self.

Only for deep thinker

See my co bad ass
lol

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Powersurge: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Only for deep thinker

I pity you. Your deep thinking would land you in jail. You and your guarantors have signed and you think you can abscond? Forget say Nsija na shithole, u can do serious time for contract defaulting if you go jam wicked person.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ikorodureporta: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2021
25k teaching job with 60days notice of resignation,.. I refused to accept it, but was fired immediately without any notice
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Powersurge: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:
The panel asked me, If you get a better job, next month, will you leave, I told them if shell or CBN calls me I will not resign before leaving... They never got back to me

This made me laugh so hard.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ibechris(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Got spare 5m to put in

Dont buy any car for hire purchase except u are the one driving it. I have been there not once but twice. The experience is nothing to write home about.

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2021
Powersurge:

I pity you. Your deep thinking would land you in jail. You and your guarantors have signed and you think you can abscond? Forget say Nsija na shithole, u can do serious time for contract defaulting if you go jam wicked person.

Who dis one na.

Abeg commot for they do ur Gardner, who call u here.

Ode oshi
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Skillsnigeria: 11:41am On Apr 20, 2021
hmmm,it is well
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ThatFairGuy1: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

How did I agree? He got my contact from my proposal letter. When he told me we should meet somewhere, I tried to ask why but he said he wanted to discuss somethings with me. Then I kept quiet.

At least you ought to have meet him and confirm what he really wanted to discuss with you. Something could be anything and not what you think cheesy

Who knows if he wanted to have prayer session with you because teaching these days, one needs to fortify oneself with prayer angry
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by gbagyiza: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
I rejected 250K salary with some allowances in Lagos insisted on 450K
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by openmine(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
Reading through the comments about what people go through and the draconian conditions they are subjected to all in a bid to get a job in Nigeria is so disheartening and at times frightening! undecided
Little wonder why there is celebration and an elongated testimony in churches when a member finally gets a high paying Job from a very popular oil/gas company after months or even years of prayers and fasting!
The worse part is that some folks who have shared and complained about the inhumane treatment from these companies might even do worse if they get to be in the position of the employer!

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
The HR asked me shave off my beards! Asin my gemu o angry

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by DEBUU: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Some employers are so wicked.
Anyway if I become an employer tommorow, I will treat my employees with utmost respect and love.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
At least you ought to have meet him and confirm what he really wanted to discuss with you. Something could be anything and not what you think cheesy

Who knows if he wanted to have prayer session with you because teaching these days, one needs to fortify oneself with prayer angry

Lol... Are you for real?

I was in his office where official matters are meant to be discussed, he didn't discuss it there. hes now asking me to come to one useless place. Na so.

God's blessings comes without conditions or any strings attached.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Got spare 5m to put in
Higher purchase will be better or u can check some haulage companies and invest with them
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by bumeks(f): 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
A private school. As an English teacher. I was pregnant then and was told I would resume a week after delivery. Where I was at that time we were entitled to 2 months maternity with half pay. I didn't look back even though d pay was higher
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by jeph19(m): 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
On top 20k salary
10am -10pm monday to saturday
sundays 1pm- 10pm
as a shawarma guy... Asaba
---
on top 35k,
teach for minimum six months and you'll have to inform the management at least a month before departure
---Warri
Procurent assisstance in an electronic shop, pay was 35k ...Warri
would have accepted, but wouldn't want to leave suddenly, because clearance was close...

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by joshrare(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..

Devils
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by PhilipReigns(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sirjendon:

Only for deep thinker
When u print in coloured, it's done on an A4 paper, and nysc discharge certificate doesn't come in A4 paper format but a ticker cover paper type so an intelligent observer will definitely know something is fishy.
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by guychidile: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hmm,na waoo.,really bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / God Favoured Me With A Job At Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.