Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,386 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

How People Like Me Reason Whenever We Hear "Zoning". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How People Like Me Reason Whenever We Hear "Zoning". (186 Views)

We Hear Emilokan Is A Guinean / Hope We Hear Good News About Cuba. / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How People Like Me Reason Whenever We Hear "Zoning". by Casham: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
For people like me, "zoning" the presidency means nothing. By people like me, I mean, those who seem to not belong anywhere. Those of us from Southern Kaduna, Bauchi and even Kebbi, Taraba and Benue; countless minorities. We are considered "North" by every one else, but we know we do not 'belong'. So for us, it doesn't matter where the presidency is 'zoned' to. It is obvious the discussion is never about competence or or qualification. It has always been about 'belonging'. Since we belong nowhere, most of us have lost faith in the system.
For me though I personally believe the Igbos deserve a shot. But 'power is not handed on a platter'. They deserve it means they should 'fight' for it. Somehow, I feel an Igbo presidency will mean the end of Nigeria. The first 'president' of a Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikiwe (the only real leader this country ever had), was Igbo, the last should also be Igbo. Poetic huh? I am very ok with that. But this is politics. This is Nigeria. The power is not always with the people.
Re: How People Like Me Reason Whenever We Hear "Zoning". by chatinent: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
The middle belt are called northerners but they aren't. Mehn, I understand your agitations.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna APC Conducts Exam For Local Government Chairman Aspirants / Buhari Led Administration Stands Behind Pantami – Presidency / Buhari Denounces The Killing Of Kaduna Students, Says It's Barbaric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.