Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,631 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition (20493 Views)

Jobs: Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2018 / Thread For Tony Elumelu Enterprenuership Foundation 2018 / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Funkydolcie: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2021
adaperry25:
THERES a whatsapp platform to answer your questions

Please add me 070-384-822-98
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by adaperry25: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2021
Funkydolcie:

Please add me 070-384-822-98
Check my signature
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Funkydolcie: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2021
yusufhaji:
I will like someone to enlighten me on how to pitch my business(poultry farming) and also to draft a business plan. Thanks in anticipation.

Me too please 070-384-822-98
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Funkydolcie: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2021
adaperry25:

Check my signature

What signature please?
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by adaperry25: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2021
Funkydolcie:

What signature please?
whatsapp no
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2021
Hello everyone. Please who scaled the business plan stage? And also what does it requires for the third stage( Seed Capital stage). Please treat this as urgent. Thanks
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by BrazilaAirporta: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2021
Please add 07 0
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by donchris369: 9:30am On Jul 06, 2021
Have anyone scaled the business plan stage??
febo15:
Hello everyone. Please who scaled the business plan stage? And also what does it requires for the third stage( Seed Capital stage). Please treat this as urgent. Thanks
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2021
donchris369:
Have anyone scaled the business plan stage??
yes please,
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by donchris369: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2021
How do you know when you scale?? Please can you screenshot what your page looks like..
febo15:
yes please,
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2021
donchris369:
How do you know when you scale?? Please can you screenshot what your page looks like..

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Mapro: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please the Naira equivalent of one dollar is what for this grant? CBN official rate?

The headshot is from head to waist?

Thanks in advance.
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 10, 2021
Who else recieved this?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Emusan(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2021
Kaeboy:
Who else recieved this?

I received it.

Quickly fill it as it'll expire within 24hr

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2021
Emusan:

I received it.

Quickly fill it as it'll expire within 24hr
Yes, I have filled it.
Hoping for the best soon.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by EbonyCy(f): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2021
I need help with pitching o please
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
EbonyCy:
I need help with pitching o please
I think there is a step to step direction on this pitching on there YouTube page. I will advice you check it out.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by edoman2016: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2021
This TEF grant is a waste of precious time. Why will tony elumelu foundation engage applicants from January till August and then disqualified them after 8 months? It sounds unfair. The grant is not worth the stress, time and data wasted.

So many candidates disqualified from pitching. BTW, my quiz scores are 90,90,100,80. Isn't that excellence? And my business plan I submitted was standard. I doubt if the selection was based on merit. No one knows their criteria. Its more or less luck to win it. Pathetic

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2021
edoman2016:
This TEF grant is a waste of precious time. Why will tony elumelu foundation engage applicants from January till August and then disqualified them after 8 months? It sounds unfair. The grant is not worth the stress, time and data wasted.

So many candidates disqualified from pitching. BTW, my quiz scores are 90,90,100,80. Isn't that excellence? And my business plan I submitted was standard. I doubt if the selection was based on merit. No one knows their criteria. Its more or less luck to win it. Pathetic

It's absolute waste of time and resources.
For good 8 months, even with high score in test I still get disqualified. Maybe Nigeria Factor has entered. Thank God I didn't put much hope.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by adaperry25: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
What are the criteria for shortlisting?

Eligibility to move to the next stage of the programme was based on the criteria listed

below:

• Training Performance score

• Business plan and Due Diligence documents’ submission (First in time)

• Activity bar on the TEFConnect platform

Folks those were the criteria Ibukun used for shortlisting.

Lets look at it critically, people scored over 300, like 350/400;345/400; 320/400 etc yet were disqualified. By any standrds, any score above 300 is an "A", an Excellent pass mark.

Again consider the second criteria of "first in time" submission of business plan and due diligence. There were people whose due liligence were approved and were able to submit business plan yet were disqualified. Where is it done that a time frame is given for submission, but only those who submitted first are taken? Meaning as more people were submitting, their business plan submission were never considered or looked at, irrespective of how inovative and briliant the idea is. It is not done that those to be selected were predetermined from day one of submission without giving others a fair chance. Why giving time frame then? if a time frame for submission is given, the entire time till the last hour must be utilized.

It is just like an examiner gave students exams that runs for 60 minutes and then concluded that those who submitted within the first 10 minutes will be qualified to pass the course. Is it not injustice to the others that decided to exhaust the entire 60 minutes?

Lastly lets consider the third criteria of activity bar on the TEFconnect platform. Did Ibukun expect all applicants to stay permanently on the platform making irrelevant comments? Nowonder some will simply come and write "Hello" and log out. Is it not the sake persons that have been very active on the TEFConnect platform that are still there complaining of disqualification. Sinceyesterday i have only read from two persons who qualified on the platform. Meaning the majority 99% of those shortlisted are not even active on the platform. So how did they get shortlisted?

Copied

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
adaperry25:
What are the criteria for shortlisting?

Eligibility to move to the next stage of the programme was based on the criteria listed

below:

• Training Performance score

• Business plan and Due Diligence documents’ submission (First in time)

• Activity bar on the TEFConnect platform

Folks those were the criteria Ibukun used for shortlisting.

Lets look at it critically, people scored over 300, like 350/400;345/400; 320/400 etc yet were disqualified. By any standrds, any score above 300 is an "A", an Excellent pass mark.

Again consider the second criteria of "first in time" submission of business plan and due diligence. There were people whose due liligence were approved and were able to submit business plan yet were disqualified. Where is it done that a time frame is given for submission, but only those who submitted first are taken? Meaning as more people were submitting, their business plan submission were never considered or looked at, irrespective of how inovative and briliant the idea is. It is not done that those to be selected were predetermined from day one of submission without giving others a fair chance. Why giving time frame then? if a time frame for submission is given, the entire time till the last hour must be utilized.

It is just like an examiner gave students exams that runs for 60 minutes and then concluded that those who submitted within the first 10 minutes will be qualified to pass the course. Is it not injustice to the others that decided to exhaust the entire 60 minutes?

Lastly lets consider the third criteria of activity bar on the TEFconnect platform. Did Ibukun expect all applicants to stay permanently on the platform making irrelevant comments? Nowonder some will simply come and write "Hello" and log out. Is it not the sake persons that have been very active on the TEFConnect platform that are still there complaining of disqualification. Sinceyesterday i have only read from two persons who qualified on the platform. Meaning the majority 99% of those shortlisted are not even active on the platform. So how did they get shortlisted?

Copied

The selection criteria is flawed.
8 months of dedication then you say you dIsqualify people for this useless criteria?

They're supposed to do better.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by adaperry25: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Kaeboy:

The selection criteria is flawed.
8 months of dedication then you say you dIsqualify people for this useless criteria?

They're supposed to do better.
I won't bother applying next year

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
adaperry25:

I won't bother applying next year
Gaskiya I'm done.
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Please help me, I want to understand what is the meaning of this "besspoke Business Management Training segment " in TEF. This is a picture to support my question. Thanks in anticipation

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by habtund(f): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2022
febo15:
Please help me, I want to understand what is the meaning of this "besspoke Business Management Training segment " in TEF. This is a picture to support my question. Thanks in anticipation

Same here,pls someone should help

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by akocon: 4:43pm On May 01, 2022
edoman2016:

edoman2016:

Though am partaking in this year's one training. I had thought in this direction. I just want to fulfill this part and see how it goes.

It's taking a great deal of time, attention and stupendous amount of data, yet one doesn't know what would result.

In my opinion, it should not exceed one month, so that people know their fate and move on with their lives. Simple.
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 7:31pm On May 06, 2022
Please help me on this, who else got this mail from TEF today being 06/05/2022. Please I need confirmation

Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by giftygirl1(f): 7:50pm On May 06, 2022
I did get the same mail but since we are to DISREGARD,I don disregard naa...
But I'm in 2022 training
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by febo15(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2022
giftygirl1:
I did get the same mail but since we are to DISREGARD,I don disregard naa...
But I'm in 2022 training
am on it too, but am not putting much effort this time.
Re: What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition by adaperry25: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2022
Those qualified for business plan submission and pitching were selected yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" / Rite Foods / Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.