Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service For Your Website In 2021 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service For Your Website In 2021 (293 Views)

7 Practical Tips To Start An Entertainment Website In Nigeria As A Beginner / Premium Web Hosting Service Provider / Do You Need A Reliable Web Hosting Service? Then We've Got You Covered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service For Your Website In 2021 by healthmister01(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2021
The type of web hosting you choose will determine how your website will perform in terms of speed and users experience. That's why, as a small business, you need to be careful with your choice of web hosting.

With web hosting, one size does not fit all. There are various factors you need to consider when choosing a web hosting provider. Here's how you could benefit from choosing the best hosting for your website, and how to go about it.

Things To Consider While Purchasing Web Hosting.

Uptime: A website have to be active 24/7 without any problems. In as much as web hosting providers are prone to network failure service, downtime and maintenance, this shouldn't cause a serious delay or negative impact on your website. Most of them promise 99.9%, but very few actually stand up to those claims.

Disk Space: Depending on the hosting plan, you can choose disk spaces that best suit you. Most web hosting providers offers various disk space ranging from 10GB, 20GB, 100GB e.t.c. Disk space determine the amount of contents such as images, videos, audios and files you can upload. Insufficient disk space can affect your website speed and page load time.

How Many Email Accounts They Offer: 20, 25 or unlimited. Most web hosting providers gives you the opportunity to create as many as much emails you want. This will help you in specifying different email accounts for different purposes.

Free SSL Certificate: Does it provide free SSL certificate or do you have to pay for it. Theirs one hosting provider from whom I purchased hosting. They say pay $40 for a year for SSL certificate. Thankfully, there are a couple of web hosting providers that include free SSL as a part of their service.

In case you don't know - SSL is considered as a indirect ranking factor by Google (In effort to make the web more secure, HTTPS connection are now a Google SEO ranking, signal sites with SSL - encrypted HTTPS will rank higher than sites without).

Free Website Transfer: Do They offer free website migration. Can you move from your current web hosting service to another of your choice without losing your contents. Most web hosting providers charges for this migration, which is quite inappropriate.

Free WordPress Installation: Can you drop and drag easily. You should go for web hosting that gives you different template to choose from. Template that doesn't requires basic coding knowledge.

Newbies still ask "how to install WordPress".

Do They Have A 24/7 Live Chat Support: That is the most crucial part of the service. This is really very very important (Don't underestimate or ignore this point).

Ticket Response: How quick they are in responding to your queries. Do they respond to emails? You do some online research for reviews from past clients.

Do They Have A Official Twitter And Facebook Accounts: There have to be a way to reach their social media accounts in case they do not respond to your emails.

Do They Offers Hacking Protections: If your website gets hacked, will they help you get out of the trouble. You need to choose web hosting with "Top Security and managed by Experts.

Website Renewal Cost: Many web hosting providers allows you to purchase their service cheaply but changes unreasonable amount of money for renewal. Make you know the prices of any package you are option-in for. Found out if there are any extra charges you might be paying which is not mentioned in the checkout.

Moral of this article - Make sure you research, research and research. The success of your website may depend on your web hosting provider. All i can say is that if you are looking to build an online empire and are going with a free or cheap hosting, then you are going the wrong way. If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy hosting services, you should choose one which has all the above mentioned features. Most web hosting providers gives free domain name at discount code prices.

If you have any questions concerning the best web hosting providers in Nigeria, you can send me an email @ sbisitesell@gmail.com I will send list of the best standard hosting services in Nigeria and around. Thanks
Re: How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service For Your Website In 2021 by numericalguy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nice write up..

The problem is that the hosting companies with your stated qualities are foreign based. Which brings me to the issue of buying a hosting plan. I have a Naira Verve card, how does one pay for the domain and hosting plan with a Naira Verve card to an American hosting company that does its transactions in dollars.
Re: How To Choose The Best Web Hosting Service For Your Website In 2021 by Yvetto: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2021
I also want to talk about OLITT Website Builder. I tried checking them out and realized they really reduce the cost of web design.

Their pros:-
Free SSL
FRee Webhosting
FRee DNS Management
Cheap domain names with discounted renewals prices.
Allow you to connect domains to templates for free
Offer live chat support, so, if you face any issues, you get help fast

Cons:-
Still at the beta stage, so you may experience some issues.
I wish they would add more templates

I invite y'all to check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Paypal Fund? / Nigerian Indigenous Freelancing Marketplace / Create Eye-catching Blog With Gift4designer Group Buy Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.