Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

A Must Read By All. The Detailed And Comprehensive Report On The Pantamigate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must Read By All. The Detailed And Comprehensive Report On The Pantamigate (255 Views)

Mali: Buhari Receives Comprehensive Report From ECOWAS Special Envoy, Jonathan / Premium Times Sacks Andrew Ajijah Over False Report On Miyetti Allah / Inside EFCC Report On Corruption Allegations Against Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read By All. The Detailed And Comprehensive Report On The Pantamigate by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:33am On Apr 20, 2021
I’m not that person anymore” –
Most blatantly of all, Pantami’s declaration that he no longer agrees with his jihadi iteration from 2006 is demonstrably false, and this can be easily proven.

Here is just one example. On March 22, 2021, Pantami’s Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy hosted a virtual flag-off ceremony for a capacity development programme empowering 600 people with VSAT Installation Skills.

Pantami himself was in attendance and he spoke at the event. This would all seem very run-of-the-mill and prosaic until you click on the YouTube link in the tweet. Was it livestreamed by the FMCoDE’s YouTube channel? No. Was it livestreamed by the NTA YouTube channel? No. Channels TV? No. TVC? No. AIT? No. No major broadcaster was engaged to livestream this event hosted by Pantami’s Ministry. Instead, a little-known Islamic TV channel called Al-Afrikiy was contracted to relay an event organised by the Federal Government of Nigeria.It is important to point out that Al-Afrikiy is not merely an Islamic-influenced, or Islamic-leaning TV station which also covers other things. Al-Afrikiy is an Islam-only TV channel. It broadcasts strictly religious content. Getting this channel to host an FMCoDE event would be the equivalent of getting TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV to host an official Federal Government event. An islam-only tv channel somehow got to host pantami’s fmcode event.

It gets worse. Al-Afrikiy is not just an Islam-only TV channel. Its social media handles also get involved in religious controversies, as proven by this post from its Facebook page. This is the sort of outfit hired to broadcast FG events now apparently

A look through Al-Afrikiy’s YouTube uploads shows that this channel uploads exclusively religious content, with only 2 exceptions. The 2 of them have something in common which readers will immediately spot. Here too…
But wait. It gets even worse.

I looked up the website link on Al-Afrikiy’s Facebook page. I wanted to get a sense for what kind of no-name religion-only channel somehow gets the inside track on broadcasting events by a federal ministry – a contract that I know for a fact actual TV broadcasters would bite off Pantami’s hand for. This was what I saw:

Pantami’s “Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy” has its events relayed by an unknown Islamic TV station without a functioning website.
In case you’re still thinking “No way, there has to be an explanation. Pantami cannot be so openly parochial as to give federal broadcasting gigs to an Islamic version of Emmanuel TV, here is what Al-Afrikiy itself has to say about the kind of programming it does.

I rest my case here.

https://newsdirect.ng/david-hundeyin-isa-ali-pantami-the-inside-story-of-nigerias-minister-of-communications-digital-economy/

A must read by all. The detailed and Comprehensive report on the Pantamigate
Re: A Must Read By All. The Detailed And Comprehensive Report On The Pantamigate by ictjobber: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2021
Hmm
Re: A Must Read By All. The Detailed And Comprehensive Report On The Pantamigate by limeta(f): 9:26am On Apr 20, 2021
Terrorist in high places
major general zero zero and friends

(1) (Reply)

Kanu, Gives Gov Ikpeazu 14 Days To Arrest, Prosecute AIG Zone 9 For Extrajudicia / Victoria And David Beckham Return To Their Luxurious Cotswolds Home After Quitti / The Platform Is A Waste Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.