Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters (1563 Views)

Nigeria, Four Oil Exporters Hit By Falling Currency Value, Says OPEC / New Yahoo Group For Nigerian Exporters And Importers / Directory Of Nigerian Exporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 2:44am On Apr 21, 2011
On what basis do you deal with clients (abroad) especially those interested in mineral ore,shea butter,oil palm and stuffs like that? Is it your own capital you utilize in financing the deal or does the interested buyer pay up front? I've heard about LC but i'm not too informed about the nitty gritty of it.Positive responses/pointers are welcome.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2011
Let me explain further,

Assuming you have a potential client that's interested in 100MT of Silica every month. . .how do you go about it? Do you fund it yourself or how?

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
Are there no exporters on this forum? Where are the mineral ore dealers?
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 12:50am On Apr 22, 2011
??
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by chris2h(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2011
Hi,

Pls note that there are different types of LC,

Revocable
Irrevocable
Confirmed
Unconfirmed
Operative
Inoperative

LC is a document backed by an asset stating that the buyer's bank of a particular consignment of goods will credit the sellers bank once certain conditions have been fulfilled. I will put together some more advice for you later today as I am going out now. But if you truly have a buyer and you ARE the seller, there is a specified road that you must follow (especially from Nigeria)

cheers
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 2:16am On Apr 23, 2011
chris2h:

Hi,

Pls note that there are different types of LC,

Revocable
Irrevocable
Confirmed
Unconfirmed
Operative
Inoperative

LC is a document backed by an asset stating that the buyer's bank  of a particular consignment of goods will credit the sellers bank  once certain conditions have been fulfilled. I will put together some more advice for you later today as I am going out now. But if you truly have a buyer and you ARE the seller, there is a specified road that you must follow (especially from Nigeria)

cheers

This is very resourceful and i look forward to reading further from you. I am doing some visibility study for mineral ore,scrap metal and batteries. Which would L/C would work for me?

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by befada: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2011
@Poster, you have a good vision but with a great challenge. the reason why i said that is that no foreign buyer will give you any upfront on any product because of the wide spread of fraud which is common in African countries however, if you know that the product is very available and the buyer is ready to place a confirm and transferable LC but you did not have the fund to finance it, kindly let me know so i can help you with a financial and we work on that project together as soon as possible.

Furthermore, LC is the standard banking instrument that has been established between seller and buyer to avoid any form of cheat or risk from both parties and i have an American financial who will help us on this if you will welcome that.

Thank you while i look forward to you earliest possible response asap.

Regards,
Damilola Adeyemi Emmanuel
Mobile: 07083261318, 07032723445
E-mail: dammyadey25@gmail.com
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 2:48am On Apr 25, 2011
befada:

@Poster, you have a good vision but with a great challenge. the reason why i said that is that no foreign buyer will give you any upfront on any product because of the wide spread of fraud which is common in African countries however, if you know that the product is very available and the buyer is ready to place a confirm and transferable LC but you did not have the fund to finance it, kindly let me know so i can help you with a financial and we work on that project together as soon as possible.

Furthermore, LC is the standard banking instrument that has been established between seller and buyer to avoid any form of cheat or risk from both parties and i have an American financial who will help us on this if you will welcome that.

Thank you while i look forward to you earliest possible response asap.

Regards,
Damilola Adeyemi Emmanuel
Mobile: 07083261318, 07032723445
E-mail: dammyadey25@gmail.com

That was very informative. I'll be contacting you asap.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by Thethy(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by chris2h(m): 8:21am On Apr 26, 2011
it does not say anything about real trade related issues or export financing, or even angel financiers. Not a credible resource.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by harakiri(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2011
Thethy:

See:  http://exportfromnigeria.proboards.com/

I've checked it out and registered.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by Thethy(m): 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
harakiri:

I've checked it out and registered.

Ok.Thanks.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by chris2h(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Will call you later today.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by oguan: 12:20pm On May 10, 2011
if they can open irrevocable LC it will make your payment more secured. But even with LC the business will be lost without capital. I have lost 3 LCs because of finance. Even now an Asian company wants to open LC my cow horns export contract. Abeg Anybody with finance can help o i am willing to partner.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by mayomayor(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
I am interested in cow horn export.
There have not been recent discussion on cow horns for export,pricing &other modalities.
Re: I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nice one bros!

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Businesses To Watch In Nigeria 2013 / 30 Life Lessons From Alibaba Founder & Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma / In Need Of Someone To Lend Me N180k URGENTLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.