Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow (21936 Views)

Mauricio Pochettino Signs Contract As Chelsea Head Coach Until 2026 / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition / ESL: Arsenal Withdraws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by OVikkytan49: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
I knew this was going to happen.
The ESL formation looks like a replacement for champions league.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by rawpadgin(m): 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Every club that withdraw form the European Super League have got no balls
you are not a football fan
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Dannyozs(m): 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Can you fight FIFA, UEFA, FA, British Government, the Fans, Media, Legends?

Who you want fight?
I have been really shocked by the height of naive comments I've been reading on nairaland concerning this issue.

Imagine 6 clubs trying to fight dirty against the government which regulates every private and public enterprise, producers. Especially when over 70% of fans are highly against ESL.

The government protects the interest of the consumers by monitoring, regulating, scrutinizing every producer within their jurisdiction. Now a portion of this producers (who are not even backed by other producers in there category) wants to fight a lost course.

2 Likes

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by frankson1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

It will grow, open your eyes. A lot of other clubs will eventually join when it stands. Everyone wants to make money.

No! You open your eyes because it's failing already.

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by paulos8: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
super league won't work...the government,FIFA, UEFA,the fans are all against them.... series of sanctions loading

3 Likes

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by saintgp(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

What is d better pay that they need? Which club doesn't need or deserve better pay as a result of covid?
All clubs that participate in the uefa competition usually gets paid,but then we must tell ourselves the truth which is that: WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF THE BIG CLUBS, FOOTBALL LOVERS ALL OVER THE WORLD WON'T BE INTERESTED IN WATCHING THE COMPETITION, THEREFORE THIS BIG CLUBS DESERVE BETTER PAY.AT LEAST TO ENABLE THEM FOOT THEIR BILLS CONSIDERING HOW COLOSSAL PAYING MESSI,RONALDO, HAZARD,SALAH,MBAPPE ETC COULD BE.

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
saintgp:

All clubs that participate in the uefa competition usually gets paid,but then we must tell ourselves the truth which is that: WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF THE BIG CLUBS, FOOTBALL LOVERS ALL OVER THE WORLD WON'T BE INTERESTED IN WATCHING THE COMPETITION, THEREFORE THIS BIG CLUBS DESERVE BETTER PAY.AT LEAST TO ENABLE THEM FOOT THEIR BILLS CONSIDERING HOW COLOSSAL PAYING MESSI,RONALDO, HAZARD,SALAH,MBAPPE ETC COULD BE.

U didn't answer d question:

1. What is d better pay that they need?

2. Which club doesn't need or deserve better pay as a result of covid?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by saxxyb: 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThiagoKid:
UCL winner gets £82.4m

EPL winner gets £150m

Total= £232.4m

For participating in European SUPER LEAGUE, you get £350m.

Winner gets £500m.

Now, tell me why ESL should not be formed?

Where will they get their money from?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by DAVE5(m): 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThiagoKid:
UCL winner gets £82.4m

EPL winner gets £150m

Total= £232.4m

For participating in European SUPER LEAGUE, you get £350m.

Winner gets £500m.

Now, tell me why ESL should not be formed?

The stream of income to the ESL thing is not cast in stone, stories can start coming up later and why didn’t the teams themselves negotiate with the epl, fifa and/or UEFA organizers for higher wages instead of trying to disrupt the entire football history

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by DAVE5(m): 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
saxxyb:

Where will they get their money from?

Abeg help me ask am, as if the money just spins out of thin air
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Ebumega(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
The game should remain the way it is. #No #to #ESL

2 Likes

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by rockyh(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Really? Aren't u seeing that d esl has already suffered 2 casualties?
didn't you see that UEFA took a decision to. Inject some billions to clubs this afternoon
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by candygist: 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Every club that withdraw from the European Super League have got no balls

Balls for what ?
Ain't you enjoying and loving football the way it is currently ?

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
candygist:

Balls for what ?
Ain't you enjoying and loving football the way it is currently ?

I am but I don't mind more joy with ESL.

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by dadamonie150: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
candygist:

Balls for what ? Ain't you enjoying and loving football the way it is currently ?

loving it
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by DAVE5(m): 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
imoowo:
betting for sweet for ESL

People would have always bet against Arsenal sha

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by KingDash: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
PSG no dey among so nothing concern me..
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by chiefdiye(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
theoneJabulani:
Yes, glad to see the football world united
how will you say football world, Can't you read it? European super league
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by chiefdiye(m): 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
I would have bought the idea only when club participating are allowed to participate in their local league
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by charlesm91(m): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Look at these Lily livered clubs backing out after doing gra gra. What were they expecting from the onset? Now they want to leave Perez all alone.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by superjab247: 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Do more online research. Google is your friend
E be like say ESL don pay u money to convince we nairalanders to support ESL cool cool
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
superjab247:

E be like say ESL don pay u money to convince we nairalanders to support ESL cool cool

No, I don't have to convince anyone. I earn nothing from all the parties involved.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by lexy2014: 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
rockyh:
didn't you see that UEFA took a decision to. Inject some billions to clubs this afternoon

How much exactly is d billions? Where is d billions coming from? Who announced d decision that u say was taken?
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by wonder233: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
I knew this venture was bound to fail the moment they chose the abbreviation ESL that resembles ESN... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by younglleo: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright......

Mumu clubs......

See epl clubs rushing in as if say them sabi play ball

Oya na.....but na pussy, weed, bombing and booze( alcohol) we go talk about o
I wan get too, soo i go dey light up my gbola like a real niggar
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Mryacks: 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

Man city...just a yesterday's big club... undecided
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Fragility6: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wallade:

U fit borrow them ur own
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Fragility6: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:
Baba, leave balls. The fans are the game.
U get time dey explain. Shei e get extra balls mk e borrow the clubs wey no get.
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Peppysco: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright......

Mumu clubs......

See epl clubs rushing in as if say them sabi play ball

Oya na.....but na pussy, weed, bombing and booze( alcohol) we go talk about o

Hmmmm, na you by yourself go point where don go com nab you when the time reach. You claim to be a 'real nigga' yet you drop your contact details online for free. Invictus Obi name nor dey ring bell for your head? Na for this Nairaland hin gbege set ooo. A word is enough for the wise
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
Fragility6:

U fit borrow them ur own

My own too heavy, them no go fit carry am
Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Masterito(m): 6:00am On Apr 21, 2021
Keep quiet, football is about fans.
Wallade:

Re: ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow by Wallade(m): 6:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Masterito:
Keep quiet, football is about fans.

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anderlecht Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 2) - Live / Real Madrid Vs Sevilla, UEFA Super Cup (2 - 0) On 12th August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Hull City: FA Cup (4 - 0) On 16th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.