Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Snail Feeds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Feeds (609 Views)

Have You Heard About New Hope Feeds? / Extruder (Floating feed ) & Other Feeds Processing Machines in 2022 / Pig Feeds And Feeding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Snail Feeds by waziri4biz: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good day house!
I am about to go into snail farming with like 500 parent snails and chances are that when they start reproducing they will be very many and I'm concerned about feeds for the snail plus their offspring to maturity. I keep hearing feeds are cheap and all but I need actual advise on where to get feeds like waste watermelons, cucumber, cabbage and things I don't need to spend money on... Any useful recommendations will be great.
Re: Snail Feeds by nurey(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
waziri4biz:
Good day house!
I am about to go into snail farming with like 500 parent snails and chances are that when they start reproducing they will be very many and I'm concerned about feeds for the snail plus their offspring to maturity. I keep hearing feeds are cheap and all but I need actual advise on where to get feeds like waste watermelons, cucumber, cabbage and things I don't need to spend money on... Any useful recommendations will be great.

Snails feed on pawpaw leaves which gives them the required calcium though not as bountiful in cabbage leaves.

They also eat water leave and other decaying fruits.

Mine is almost 6 months though they haven't layer, I just kept them in plastic for learning purposes I believe I have 2 breeds don't really know one from one.
Re: Snail Feeds by waziri4biz: 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
nurey:

Snails feed on pawpaw leaves which gives them the required calcium though not as bountiful in cabbage leaves.

They also eat water leave and other decaying fruits.

Mine is almost 6 months though they haven't layer, I just kept them in plastic for learning purposes I believe I have 2 breeds don't really know one from one.
Oh wow. I'm happy to hear your views

(1) (Reply)

Bone Meal For Livestock / How Much Is A Bag Of Unpeeled Egusi Now? / World Bank Pledges $500m To Support Agriculture In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.