Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) (68774 Views)

"We Will Die Against Iceland" - Wilfred Ndidi / Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Wilfred Ndidi Biography, Age, Profile & Lifestyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Jostoman: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSTV and GOTV just dey chop our money, you will subscribe for one month you will have light to even enjoy it for ten days and immediately it complete month they will disconnect you and start sending you message to go and subscribe again.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
prekumohtim:

Go and tell that to Cr7 or any other European player

They use CR7 images all the time na... Let's quit making mountains out of molehills. Haba!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Stevyne: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Tshabalaba never reach them.
Tshabalala no ball again.

Lol
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Emma1Oj(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
ZendayaColeman:
Sue them asap.

DSTV is too greedy abeg
Poor man mentality.. everything no be fight... He just ask dem to remove it, if they can't they shld compassate him without the involvement of third party.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
loswhite:
Is he not part of the premiership?

Leave these people to be forming lawyer upandan! Lol!

DSTV used a random image from a premier league game, and everyone is forming what I don't know!
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by 042icloud(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Dstv should just see this thread and feel the heat of hatred they brought to them selves. Useless stingy people

2 Likes

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by BREYZ: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Baawaa:
Sue them,but you must get good lawyers

Who is a good lawyer?
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by HitRun(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
femi4:
They could have used Ronaldo, Vardi , Messi or Rashford

Is it a crime that they decided to identify with a Nigerian player

Yes, it is a civil crime

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by PrinceGallant: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
To me, he ought to be grateful to the DStv for making him popular. Suing them is an act of ingratitude.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

No they don't! His picture was randomly picked from many others... They have used bigger and better known faces before him equally randomly.

He is just seeking attention here imho... There are some things you just ignore.
believe it or not, if he says they need his permission that is what it is!!

Well.. he doesn't want to ignore. cheesy
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Shatappp dia. what else do u want? Money?
God just make them recognized his presence and glory in ur image and u r blabbing.
must u monetized everything? be humble fah.
pls don't quote me oo, I'm in a hot traffic.

Hahahahahahaha.

Hot traffic hot head. See your post grin
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
femi4:
They could have used Ronaldo, Vardi , Messi or Rashford

Is it a crime that they decided to identify with a Nigerian player
If They Were To Use D People U Mention, Will They Use Them Without Their Permission? Or Will They Use Them Without Paying Them?
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by lekki1444: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
seyicodes:
Lagos , Ebute metta. Lagos mainland
can you drive motorcycle for delivery job ?
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by dadamonie150: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
sue them if you like

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by crazysam001: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
U signed your image rights to Leicester city who sold them to EPL and EPL sold to DSTV that has sole EPL rights in the countries they operate in.

4 Likes

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by hayzed27(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author=Dpaulie post=100998117]
Where do u stay, if in Ibadan, mail me BRO I STAY IN IBADAN N I NEED JOB ABEG,PLS EPP
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by chrisxxx(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
notoriousbabe:
Sue their modafokn assssss
He does not know that DSTV sponsors EPL and has the right to use the picture of any player of choice in the EPL for advert.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
Truvel:
If They Were To Use D People U Mention, Will They Use Them Without Their Permission? Or Will They Use Them Without Paying Them?
Don't mind that individual. I bet if it was his image he would sue for money. cheesy
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Ajimusty2: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
Someone should please tell my ndidi brother say na him fellow Nigerian use am to promote him business.����
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
Princeofwales:
They paid the EPL and the EPL Paid your club and your club paid you for your image rights.. Case close

Probably the case but he should check through legal representation to be sure that is the case.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
positivevibez:
DStv and sky sports
Ndidi shouldn't waste his time, he shouldn't have brought this up now. If it was an exclusive image of him then I would say go ahead but this is just generic and is indeed good for him in the long run when he can actually sign image rights contracts
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
chrisxxx:

He does not know that DSTV sponsors EPL and has the right to use the picture of any player of choice in the EPL for advert.
well.. if that is the case then he should sue EPL then.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Jostoman: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
042icloud:
Dstv should just see this thread and feel the heat of hatred they brought to them selves. Useless stingy people
very stingy
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by lekki1444: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
this wilfred na bush man ooo. so you think a well established global brand like Dstv do not have lawyers who advise them on what is legal and what is not ? bush pipo everywhere
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by lakesidepapa(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
lalasticlala:
Nigerian footballer, Wilfred Ndidi, has called out DSTV for using his picture for advert without authorization.

Sharing the photos on his Twitter page, Ndidi wrote:

https://twitter.com/Ndidi25/status/1384883199206174725?s=19

Life is beautiful if money dey.. Ndidi just dey catch cruise this days, from cut soap for me to this one...
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by lekki1444: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
042icloud:
what hatred ? how are they stingy. please explain. i dont use them so i am ignorant
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Sunsets: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
That's poor of DSTV. Why usehis image without permission. He has worked hard to create this brand. So, you have to pay to use the brand.
lalasticlala:
Nigerian footballer, Wilfred Ndidi, has called out DSTV for using his picture for advert without authorization.

Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Jimmyubah2: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Baawaa:
Sue them,but you must get good lawyers
Even quack lawyer go win this case for Ndidi
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Calitoscassius:
believe it or not, if he says they need his permission that is what it is!!

Well.. he doesn't want to ignore. cheesy

Well, then he should write to them via his lawyer expressing his displeasure or misgivings, stating clearly that he doesn't want to be promoted in any way.

DSTV will simply respond with an explanation and an unreserved apology, with his image scrapped from any future promotions.

This social media noise comes off as immature and attention-seeking!!! Life is not that hard!
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
DeMonk:
The Ndidi guy is not serious, he’s even sounding as if he’s flattered by the development. And Dstv took a big risk If only they know how the average Nigerian hates them.
the average Nigerian does not hate them. Nigerian companies are not in that sector with them competing for a reason
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by Commotfornigeri: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Shatappp dia. what else do u want? Money?
God just make them recognized his presence and glory in ur image and u r blabbing.
must u monetized everything? be humble fah.
pls don't quote me oo, I'm in a hot traffic.

Opeyemi ti o ni opolo.

Dont you know brands are only supposed to use their ambassadors without asking?

anyone else, there should be a contract.
Re: Wilfred Ndidi Blasts DSTV For Using His Image Without Permission (Photos) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
lalasticlala:

Chai Naija. So this display board requires its own generator? Cost of doing business there must be madt!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye / Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's Sister Blasts Van Dijk Over Jibe On CR7 / Russian Women Under Fire Over Romance (flirting) With Foreign Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.