Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices (34761 Views)

Cement Prices In Nigeria: Cost Per Bag For Dangote, BUA Today – 26th March 2024 / Senate Moves To Whittle Down IGP’s Powers, Decentralises Police Structure / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by lionphil(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
What do you expect when you have one FULANI man playing monopoly? What happened to all the cement manufacturing plants back in the day like Nigercem (Nkalugu), Ewekoro, BCC (Benue Cement Company), Bendel, etc. For one reason or another, they were all forced to CLOSE due to the FULANI monopolistic agenda. Now you have one man as the sole importer. The IDIOCY of the whole thing is that the cement is not even manufactured in the ZOO, but only packaged and then sold to the citizens at a very high price compared to other African countries. What a hopeless country! ONE NIGERIA will kill all you mutha f**kers!

You're a good student of University of IPOB
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by marv1: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
Akamariner:
Good move.
50 million email lists available for sale.
Quote with your price

Let's talk
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
ajebuter:
They are making the move because most of them are building contractors and cement is essential to them

Not because they love the masses..

Anyway, Dangote's monopoly needs to be broken..

Dangote does NOT have a monopoly...
Unless of course you don’t know the meaning of the term.
>

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by israelmao(m): 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
They are about negotiating with their business partner Dangote.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by BIGNAME2020: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
The most wicked soul in Nigeria is Dangote. Apart from opening his ass for little girls, what else is he doing with his money? Richest man in Africa for donkey years now and all of those years his region has been the most poorest and wretched region on earth.

Stingy goat!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Bofoy4:
Dangote is wicked

in fact we need revolution in this country

very soon attack on dangote and his company will start.

Internet Revolutionary...
Dangote has created more JOBS for Nigerians than your government.
>

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by mohlanforex: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
act now, it's getting unbearable, Awon werey.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by just4fun(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:
Can it be sold for #1500

Hmmm..... Dat will be when I know they are working.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by tribalmall: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Na only you talk sense for here by the time Nigerians understand they can mobilize themselves n go n burn down Dangote cement plant he will understand even is refinery is no safe if he persistent with abitrary prices.

Bofoy4:
Dangote is wicked

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
marv1:

Let's talk
D.sailor1999 at gmail d(.)t com
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by onuman: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
The cement monopoly company must be having the intention of drastically reduce building of modern houses in some segments of Nigeria, given the sudden meteoric hike in cement prices in Nigeria.
They have achieved their aim.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by RedDesQ: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
What do you expect when you have one FULANI man playing monopoly? What happened to all the cement manufacturing plants that were operational back in the day like Nigercem (Nkalugu), Ewekoro, BCC (Benue Cement Company), Bendel, etc. For one reason or another, they were all forced to CLOSE due to the FULANI monopolistic agenda. Now you have one man as the sole importer. The IDIOCY of the whole thing is that the cement is not even manufactured in the ZOO, but only packaged and then sold to the citizens at a very high price compared to other African countries. What a hopeless country! ONE NIGERIA will kill all you mutha f**kers!

Hahahahahahahahaha. You dey para
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Roysnickz: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quoqte author=Angrygoat post=101002458]Pls o ,cos I wanna do concrete stamping,they billed me 500k ,from 120k as it used to be. I no fit [/quote]
have you gotten someone that can handle your stamp concrete work professionally?
contact me through snickzroy@gmail.com 08034942861 for assured quality work
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Roysnickz: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Angrygoat:
Pls o ,cos I wanna do concrete stamping,they billed me 500k ,from 120k as it used to be. I no fit
have you gotten someone that can handle your stamp
concrete work professionally?
contact me through snickzroy@gmail.com 08034942861 for
assured quality work
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Trybes(m): 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nollywood movie.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
BIGNAME2020:
The most wicked soul in Nigeria is Dangote. Apart from opening his ass for little girls, what else is he doing with his money? Richest man in Africa for donkey years now and all of those years his region has been the most poorest and wretched region on earth.

Stingy goat!

Is Dangote the Governor or government of Northern Nigeria?
That’s why Nigeria is a s/hole - the same people who idolized FAILED politicians will denigrate successful private citizens.

FYI, the Dangote Foundation (endowed with US41.2 billion) has supported poor people, particularly widows and IDPs throughout the North. It has built FREE housing and given FREE grants to the poorest Northerners, especially women. It has awarded hundreds of scholarships, built schools, built the Business School at Bayero University in Kano, and students’ housing at Ahmadu Bello University in Kaduna. Meanwhile, Dangote’s businesses employing thousands of Northerners (as well as other Nigerians) include Africa BIGGEST tomato paste processing plant in Kano, Savannah Sugar in Numan (Adamawa State), and Nigeria’s biggest sugar cane plantation, together with a mill and refinery complex (under construction) in Nassarawa State.

How we wish more Nigerians would be as “wicked” as Dangote! SMH

>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by zigzagluv: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
where , i want to use for legit work
Akamariner:
Good move.
Quote with your price
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by PissfulProtester: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
Bofoy4:
Dangote is wicked

Very useless barbaric things you all are.

Go and attack innoson and his company first. I can't wait for these animals to get their "freedom"

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by mkoabiola: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Toothless bull dog wants to bites...

Moronic set of law breakers
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by lionphil(m): 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:

What does Nnamdi Kanu about cement?
Why doesn’t he come back from Oyibo land and build his own cement plant?!

>

My son go school... you no gree go, my son read about history, mba... oya my son person don read am come still dey brief you but yet you won't accept. What makes you different from an Evil forest?

What do you know about the history of the land you stand on? When elders are speaking just STFU bloody zombie
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Akamariner:
Good move.
Quote with your price
marv1:
Let's talk
zigzagluv:

You lot should quit partaking in illegality... angry
>
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by VictorUSA(m): 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
The motion to cut cement price is good. But what`s most importort is moving the motion to halt insecurity all over this country and to curb some forms of injustice in the society.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Dee60: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
LAUGHABLE.

LAUGHABLE.

LAUGHABLE.

Do you see why serious companies are moving out?

Our rulers dont even know their boundaries!
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by RexTramadol1: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
They’ve still not done anything
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
zigzagluv:
It's majorly comprises of the US.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Jlow2: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
I ask again, what sense those it make when high quality goods that re imported are far cheaper than locally substandard ones
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by omohayek: 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:

That’s why Nigeria is a s/hole - the same people who idolized FAILED politicians will denigrate successful private citizens.

FYI, the Dangote Foundation (endowed with US41.2 billion) has supported poor people, particularly widows and IDPs throughout the North. It has built FREE housing and given FREE grants to the poorest Northerners, especially women. It has awarded hundreds of scholarships, built schools, built the Business School at Bayero University in Kano, and students’ housing at Ahmadu Bello University in Kaduna. Meanwhile, Dangote’s businesses employing thousands of Northerners (as well as other Nigerians) include Africa BIGGEST tomato paste processing plant in Kano, Savannah Sugar in Numan (Adamawa State), and Nigeria’s biggest sugar cane plantation, together with a mill and refinery complex (under construction) in Nassarawa State.

>
I hope you're getting paid for this ridiculous propaganda, as I'd hate to think anybody could be slow-witted enough to believe the inanities you've written. How does the fact that a monopolist like Dangote throws back a few crumbs in the name of "good works" excuse his mercilessly squeezing 200 million of the poorest people on the planet to add to his USD $10 billion fortune?

Only a paid shill or someone with "special educational requirements" would attempt to launder this gigantic criminality by pointing to the "good" things Dangote has done with a tiny portion of the money he's stolen from every single Nigerian over the last 40 years. You might as well say mafia bosses are "good" men because they squeeze in the occasional act of local charity in between their busy routines of murder, drug-pushing, fraud and extortion. The only difference between a Dangote and a Don Corleone is that Dangote managed to get an entire nation's government to give legal backing to his organized criminality.

Politicians who truly cared about improving the lot of ordinary Nigerians wouldn't waste time talking about "incentivising" local producers by creating new subsidies that would only generate new avenues for corruption. Instead they'd be agitating for the outright abolition of all import restrictions and special tariffs on cement, so that any Nigerian wanting to build a house could enjoy the fruits of international competition. Cement is by its nature a low-tech, commodity product, so even the usual "infant industry" type arguments protectionists love can't be applied here - Nigeria gains nothing by having it produced at higher cost locally.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Emperor88(m): 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
fidet1:
I hope they help the manufacturers cut cost of production also.

You dey mind the hypocrites? as if cement is the only thing that is expensive... Power, Transportation, Fuel and their jumbo pay should be cut first.
Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by BIGNAME2020: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:

>

The tomatoes paste and Sugar factories you mentioned above has revealed who you are. You're one of the newly recruited Dangote Media Crew to defend his greediness. Didn't you know how cheap tomatoe paste were before he came and monopolized it and made the prize skyrocketed to whatever amount he want? Same thing he want to do with sugar market which is why he has been fighting BUA. Truth is he knows what is coming for him from the poor masses that is why he recruited people like you to keep defending him. It's a matter of time. W'll rise!

Dangote Media Crew. Welldon

3 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by Emperor88(m): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
BIGNAME2020:

Stingy goat!

The richest pastor in the world in Nigeria is also a Nigeria....as that change anything? If Dangote cement is too expensive buy Elephant or BUA or he owns them too? We have other companies manufacturing salt, sugar, pasta etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
What do you expect when you have one FULANI man playing monopoly? What happened to all the cement manufacturing plants that were operational back in the day like Nigercem (Nkalugu), Ewekoro, BCC (Benue Cement Company), Bendel, etc. For one reason or another, they were all forced to CLOSE due to the FULANI monopolistic agenda. Now you have one man as the sole importer. The IDIOCY of the whole thing is that the cement is not even manufactured in the ZOO, but only packaged and then sold to the citizens at a very high price compared to other African countries. What a hopeless country! ONE NIGERIA will kill all you mutha f**kers!

They were run into the ground by POOR government management....

Nonetheless, Ewekoro still exists. It is owned by Lafarge (used to be Blue Circle UK, before Lafarge acquired Blue Circle), which is the world’s BIGGEST AND MOST POWERFUL producer of cement. The irony was that despite the fact that Lafarge has been in Nigeria since the 1950s/60s (as well other major multinational cement producers like Holcim, Scancem, Heidelberg, etc.), before most of us were even born, it was until indigenous Nigerian producers like Dangote and BUA built world-class plants that Lafarge decided to rehabilitate and modernize its decrepit and polluting Ewekoro and Shagamu plants, and it was still bagging imported cement and producing/dumping low-quality 32.R-graded cement until Dangote and BUA came on the scene with locally-produced 42.R-grade cement (Dangote is the FIRST, and likely remains the ONLY producer, in Africa of 52.5R-grade cement, the highest quality globally).

Bendel Cement was acquired by BUA Group under the Obasanjo privatization program, and has since been retrofitted and modernized, and a brand new plant added, and is now producing about 6 million tons/year (more than 10x its production under government management and ownership). Sokoto Cement was also acquired by BUA Group under the privatization program, and repeated the same modernized production upgrade feature as it did in Edo State. Calabar Cement Co., which was moribund and not producing, was acquired by Flour Mills under the same privatization program, and together with Holcim built a state-of-the-art new plant in Cross River State, and again has geometrically increased production levels and capacity. Similarly, when BCC Gboko was acquired by Dangote Cement under the same Obasanjo privatization program, it was moribund and NOT producing any cement. After so much objection by rent-seeking Benue politicians, Dangote Cement turned around the plant, increasing its capacity TEN-FOLD from 400K tons/year to 4 million tons/year, built a power plant (which supplies electricity to the local community and LGA), roads, clinic and housing. Meanwhile, Ebonyi politicians also engaged in a long fight against Ibeto Group’s acquisition of Nkalagu Cement Co., until relatively recently, and since then the Ibeto Group has awarded contracts to Sinoma for a total rebuild and modernization of the Nkalagu plant (as well as a second new plant nearby).

The entry of indigenous Nigerian producers like BUA and Dangote has helped transform Nigeria from the world’s second-largest importer of cement (only second to the US) to an EXPORTER of cement, saving billions of dollars previously spent on importation, earning millions of dollars from exports, and CREATING TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS! Only people who celebrate failure and denigrate success would want Nigeria to return to the old regime of poorly run government-owned cement companies, and massive imports. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices by 9jaRealist: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
BIGNAME2020:
The tomatoes paste and Sugar factories you mentioned above has revealed who you are. You're one of the newly recruited Dangote Media Crew to defend his greediness. Didn't know how cheat tomatoes paste was before he came monopolized it and made the prize skyrocketed to whatever amount he want? Same thing he want to do in sugar market which is why he has been fighting BUA. Truth is he knows what is coming for him from the poor masses that is why her recruited people like you to keep defending him. It's a matter of time. W'll rise!
lionphil:
My son go school... you no gree go, my son read about history, mba... oya my son person don read am come still dey brief you but yet you won't accept. What makes you different from an Evil forest?

What do you know about the history of the land you stand on? When elders are speaking just STFU bloody zombie

I ignore uncouth and JUVENILE personal attacks and insults...
It merely betrays a lack of a substantive argument and a crude personal upbringing. grin
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Service / Eldeethedon Goes Hard On Jonathan, Says His Govt Reeks Of Lies, Corruption And I / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.