Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Are You Listening To Jega? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Listening To Jega? (4084 Views)

President Buhari Listening To A Translator And Laughing Out Loud[pic] / Clark Condemns Obama Over Presentation Of Certificate Of Commendation To Jega / Obama Awards Certificate Of Competency To Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2011
This guy is an impartial judge.
He is live on NTA and he is answering the questions.

We need more Jegas
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by EkoIle1: 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2011
Impartial and incompetent.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2011
^ your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by EkoIle1: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2011
agabaI23:

^ your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Tell me something I don't already know,
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Arosa(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

You think you can do better than him?
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by nam40: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2011
I like Prof. Jega. He is the best.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
Arosa:

You think you can do better than him?
Talk is cheap my brother.
At least he accepted he is impartial.

he was give a very short period to prepare for an election in a very complex society and someone is here to say he is incompetent.

He is managing human beings with high level of desperation  and not building materials forfucksake. Haba!
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Odunnu: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
What is he saying? Dnt have access to a TV now!
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2011
I am on NTA international, can't see him.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by otokx(m): 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
JEGA should devise a method to check multiple thumb printing and prevent under-aged voting.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2011
Odunnu:

What is he saying? Dnt have access to a TV now!  
he said so much. it was press briefing where he first debunked the doctored software allegation.

2. About the underaged voters, he said that it was possible because of harrasment or connivance. he example with Gombe where the resident electoral officer was beaten and his vehicle vandalised because he tried to stop underaged voting. he said that the guy was rescued from the 'CPC' mob by security men.

3. he also talked about Kaduna where Corp members were prevented from doing there work.

4. about the fraud at collation centres, he said that they are away that people could do that but that the process is such that it will easily be detected in court.

5. he said they have not received any concrete proof of collation centre doctoring as the signature of the party agents were in all the result sheets

6. he said that some people are trying to scare the corp members from participating in next weeks election with spurious and scaring text messages

7. Elections have been postponed in Kaduna and Bauchi to the 28th of April. he threatened that if election could not hold in those states before May 29, a state of emergency will be declared so as not allow any vacuum.

and so many more
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2011
he also said that dominant parties prevented opposition agents from participation across the country both in the North and the south that it was not one party thing.

Now some of the people killed in Bauchi were killed because the refused to allow thumb printing

See the last facebook update of one of the victims before he was murdered

[b]Ukeoma Aikfavou[/b]r: "Na wao! This CPC supporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcing underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the remaining ballot paper to thumb print. Thank God for the police and am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps members who stood despite these threats esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come." Sunday at 06:48 via Mobile Web
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Odunnu: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2011
*shocked*
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Actionleap: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
Jega did the right thing by postponing the elections Bauchi and Kaduna, but he should do more by not using the corps members in those villages. Has Jega heard of the PDP system of using Palm Kernel to thumb print ballot papers? It is exactly like thumb print.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2011
Actionleap:

Jega did the right thing by postponing the elections Bauchi and Kaduna, but he should do more by not using the corps members in those villages. Has Jega heard of the PDP system of using Palm Kernel to thumb print ballot papers? It is exactly like thumb print.
Are u serious? why is it that our innovation and ability to think outside the box is ever directed at corrupt practices and not inventions to make our livelihood better as a people? wow, palm kernel for thumb print,
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by andyanders: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2011
@agabaI23

YOU GAVE THE BEST RESPONSE. SOME PEOPLE THINK IT IS EASY MANAGING PEOPLE WITH CORRUPT MIND. JEGA IS DOING HIS BEST, BUT THE PERSON TO BLAME IS BUHARI AND RIBADU WHO DID NOT ACCEPT THE RESULT AS THE GENTLEMEN THEY CLAIMED THEY ARE. BUHARI AND NORTHERNERS ARE THE PROBLEM THIS COUNTRY IS HAVING. IS LEADERSHIP THE RIGHT OF THE NORTHERNERS? ARE THEY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ETHNIC GROUP?
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by edicolove: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2011

talking from your ass again?
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Kx: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
Actionleap:

Has Jega heard of the PDP system of using Palm Kernel to thumb print ballot papers? It is exactly like thumb print.
engineerd:

Are u serious? why is it that our innovation, palm kernel for thumb print?

Innovation cannot uncover the product of tradivention!!
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by HamidO1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

What has Jega not done?
The guy has conducted elections that have so far been commended both locally and internationally. Not only has he done that, he's created a process that makes it very easy for anyone not satisfied with the results to gather evidence that can be used in pursuing a case at the election tribunal. From the results handed to party agents to the pasting of results at polling units. The guy even went as far as telling us to use our phones despite calls by the IGP not to. Why then will anyone see this man as incompetent? Jump into the lagoon if you have a problem with Jega.
I'm sure you can't do 10% of what the guy has done.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by eghost247(m): 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2011
Too Many critics on this forum aargh!!!
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by ugadinma1: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
another JEGA we have is Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe hahaa
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by falgar: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2011
i heard him loud and clear, one that baffled me most is that Dr Ngige the ACN gubernatorial candidate for Anambra senatorial zone has been acting drama all this while.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by DisGuy: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
agabaI23:

he also said that dominant parties prevented opposition agents from participation across the country both in the North and the south that it was not one party thing.

Now some of the people killed in Bauchi were killed because the refused to allow thumb printing

See the last facebook update of one of the victims before he was murdered

has he been confirmed dead?

very sad

Will NYSC members be arrested if they fail to continue with the elections I mean i see no reason why any corp member should continue with the whole election just go home or get a doctors reports or better still postpone your service
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by DisGuy: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
eghost247:

Too Many critics on this forum aargh!!!

what do you want on a forum; too many yes men?

2. About the underaged voters, he said that it was possible because of harrasment or connivance. he example with Gombe where the resident electoral officer was beaten and his vehicle vandalised because he tried to stop underaged voting. he said that the guy was rescued from the 'CPC' mob by security men.

so what happened to all the police and army promised by Jonathan, none of these mobs were arrested by the way

6. he said that some people are trying to scare the corp members from participating in next weeks election with spurious and scaring text messages

Will Jonathan and Jega allow their kids participate in the elections? good on the parents for sending the text message
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by HamidO1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2011
^^ Jega stated categorically that it's understandable if any Corp member is scared to continue at this point. He wishes they'll all participate based on the good work they've done so far. Meaning no one will punish any Corps member for calling it quit at this point just that those reckless politicians will have things done their way. I think Jega has been reasonable enough to say no one will be forced.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by agabaI23(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
Dis Guy:

what do you want on a forum; too many yes men?

so what happened to all the police and army promised by Jonathan, none of these mobs were arrested by the way

Will Jonathan and Jega allow their kids participate in the elections? good on the parents for sending the text message

No see picture below. They were apprehended. AP photos Sunday Alamba
Dis Guy:

has he been confirmed dead?

very sad

Will NYSC members be arrested if they fail to continue with the elections I mean i see no reason why any corp member should continue with the whole election just go home or get a doctors reports or better still postpone your service

Linda Ikeji blog said he was one of the four killed. Very sad indeed.

About the bolded, Jega said in his address that you cannot blame any corp member who refused to appear again. He said that was the reason why they postponed the elections in Bauchi and Kaduna where security reports are yet to be favourable. They are trying to see if they can get enough adhoc staff cover for any adhoc staff who would have refused to show up.

Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by seunlayi(m): 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2011
The man has done his own part of the job. It is now left for the winner and lossers to face their destiny.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by seunlayi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2011
The man has done his own part of the job. It is now left for the winner and lossers to face their destiny.
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

Give Him little more chance you'll see the competence in him, he just started

Actionleap:

Sorry my friend @Actionleao We are more civilized than that. Palm Kernel seed will never be like thumb print, cause P.Kernel will have almost the same print out, and the print of all will be small, unlike the real thumb that will have divers sizes big and small print.

Oje yen Ko le je Jega ati emi Gan
that will not work except they did not cross-check the Ballot papers
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
Post Election Crisis
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by Limaoscar: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2011

You are, (wags a finger and shakes head for you)
Re: Are You Listening To Jega? by blackis(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2011
I really would love to hear what these guys have to say was their reason for the riots!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? / Corruption, Cause Of Nigeria’s Insecurity – Carrington / TY Bello Shares A Very Powerful Photos Of GEJ And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.