Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,180 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks (30607 Views)

Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo) / Confusion As Two Acting Registrars Emerge In AAU / ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by LeeSantos(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
This too.
But I believe its simple....if government paid up lecturers they'll call off strike and start classes.
Since this year NASU hasn't even resumed duties here in aau.

Wow...what year did you graduate

Thank God I'm out.
2019. Management sciences
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by LLMG: 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Propagandists
blamingthedevil:
PDP governed States are the worst....State Treasury has been handed to Party of Tax Collectors during election.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by rachytenny2(f): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
3 years in a level!! Please can the protest be extended to unilag on behalf of the students?? Ours is close to being equivalent to 3 years too... lol.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by ofiko123(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
A state of emergency should be declared in the Educational sector in Nigeria..
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Indispensable85:

Are you ok? AAU is not a private University. It's owned by the State government. This fact the governor has not denied but only crying that there's no money which is difficult to believe. They still collect their security votes and other numerous allowances.if it was something glorious you won't say the state government should be left out. Liberate yourself from political slavery.
You just jump into conclusions, I'm a student of the institution and I can tell you the state govt isn't the one owning the lecturers, imagine the school registrar saying money is vanishing from the school.
What happened to our 100k plus school fees
What happened to the money from the bakery and pure water factory? What happened to the subvention from the state govt? None of the projects in school are school funded all were done by tetfund..

Lemme add I'm not into politics pple close to me know I never supported obaseki neither did I cast my vote for him. But when we see something make we talk true..
Check the pictures attached to the initial post, you will see a WhatsApp message read it carefully and understand the situation around aau lingering strike..
Make vc tell us watin happen to our money..
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by ThatFairGuy1: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
collinometricx:

You just jump into conclusions, I'm a student of the institution and I can tell you the state govt isn't the one owning the lecturers, imagine the school registrar saying money is vanishing from the school.
What happened to the money from the bakery and pure water factory? What happened to the subvention from the state govt? None of the projects in school are school funded all were done by tetfund..

Lemme add I'm not into politics pple close to me know I never supported obaseki neither did I cast my vote for him. But when we see something make we talk true..
Check the pictures attached to the initial post, you will see a WhatsApp message read it carefully and understand the situation around aau lingering strike..
When you know this, why are you guys not dragging the VC then. If he's dragged on Twitter, EFCC tagged, they might venture into the matter and all will be resolved
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
collinometricx:

You don't even know anything about the school you claimed to attend. Do you know AAU is run on #400m monthly and the government sends #41m.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
When you know this, why are you guys not dragging the VC then. If he's dragged on Twitter, EFCC tagged, they might venture into the matter and all will be resolved
Omo x10000
The thing be say the vc der use sug and students when nor know the real matter against the govt and ASUU..
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 12:20am On Apr 23, 2021
Indispensable85:

You don't even know anything about the school you claimed to attend. Do you know AAU is run on #400m monthly and the government sends #41m.
What happens to the school fees we are paying?
My level alone, we are 259+ students, multiply by 114000..
The govt reduced the subvention coz your vc said the school can be run with money generated from the students -(school fees) and other aau investments...
Ask your registrar what he Meant by money is vanishing
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2021
collinometricx:
What happens to the school fees we are paying?
My level alone, we are 259+ students, multiply by 114000..
The govt reduced the subvention coz your vc said the school can be run with money generated from the students -(school fees) and other aau investments...
Ask your registrar what he Meant by money is vanishing

You think if the books were dirty this governor would not have sacked them all for long?Hahaha. ....they've submitted the books to him since last year and he has gone through them. He knows that the subvention is too small. Why did he even have to cut down the subvention from over 250million to a paltry 41million? The school was stable and running before he became governor. You don't alter a working system. Don't forget that the school fees was already increased before Obaseki came in but the former governor still retained that 250million subvention because he knew what it takes to run that school.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
Indispensable85:

You think if the books were dirty this governor would not have sacked them all for long?Hahaha. ....they've submitted the books to him since last year and he has gone through them. He knows that the subvention is too small. Why did he even have to cut down the subvention from over 250million to a paltry 41million? The school was stable and running before he became governor. You don't alter a working system. Don't forget that the school fees was already increased before Obaseki came in but the former governor still retained that 250million subvention because he knew what it takes to run that school.

See your vc threatening students to pay school fees

Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2021
collinometricx:

See your vc threatening students to pay school fees

It's not a threat my brother. It's normal for students to pay their fees. There's nothing unusual about that.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by harmony75: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2021
lazy lecturals because their children are not AAU too bad they should protect until their voices are heard!!!
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Indispensable85:

It's not a threat my brother. It's normal for students to pay their fees. There's nothing unusual about that.

Students wen never do matric, school is on strike.
Giving pple dead line��
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
collinometricx:

Students wen never do matric, school is on strike.
Giving pple dead line��

In my school you pay everything before you're even qualified to have a matric number. Everything is paid and tendered at the point of clearance.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 4:30am On Apr 25, 2021
Indispensable85:

In my school you pay everything before you're even qualified to have a matric number. Everything is paid and tendered at the point of clearance.

Omo x10000
Not when school is on strike, no hope of resumption, vc Wan cash out, his tenure is expiring on 11th.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2021
collinometricx:

Omo x10000
Not when school is on strike, no hope of resumption, vc Wan cash out, his tenure is expiring on 11th.

Lol.....but the governor promised to pay the lecturers by month end na....... Or you don't believe your governor? Let's just wait until month end. The state is broke according to the governor....lol.....
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by collinometricx: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
Indispensable85:

Lol.....but the governor promised to pay the lecturers by month end na....... Or you don't believe your governor? Let's just wait until month end. The state is broke according to the governor....lol.....

He didn't say he's gonna pay bro.. He said they will look into it.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by Indispensable85(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
collinometricx:

He didn't say he's gonna pay bro.. He said they will look into it.

Lol....... he'll look into it. But if nothing is done by month end then it's up to the students to take their destinies in their hands. I'm sure they know what to do.
Re: Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks by JerryJJZ(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2021
hola106:
I have over 70k active WhatsApp contacts for your business and also for making just in a vcf file auto save to phone contact for US

Drop your digits or reach me at 08165578856. Am interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

19-year-old Girl Who Graduated From University At 17 Lists Her Achievements / What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? / FUTO Diamond Bank Destroyed During Protest By Students (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.