Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria (32629 Views)

Speakership: Betara, Gagdi Withdraw after meeting with Tinubu, Endorse Abbas / Yusuf Gagdi & Baba Hassan Campaign On A Bike In Jos, Plateau State / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by oshozondii: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2021
Pantami’s pro-Al-Qaeda views have consequence on security perception of Nigeria, says APC rep

Yusuf Gagdi, a member of the house of representatives, says Isa Pantami, minister of communications and digital economy, past views in support of terror groups have consequence on the security perception of Nigeria.

There have been numerous calls for the resignation of the minister after videos from the 2000s resurfaced wherein he was seen supporting Al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

But he recently recanted his past views on the terror groups, saying his position at the time was based on his understanding as a teenager.

Fielding questions from journalists on Wednesday, Gagdi, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said the minister’s past statements “seem to undermine the present security commitment”.

“What is more important is what value is he adding to the Nigerian economy. What value is Pantami adding to curtailing the issue of insecurity in Nigeria? Every politician has his own enemy and every politician has his own past,” he said.

“I could remember when Isa Pantami made comments about Boko Haram. The people sent in videos insulting him and trying to declare him wanted. How can you place that or juxtapose that with his present position?

“The man that made a statement in the past against or supporting certain security situation — which is unlikely. If that statement is true then he did not do well at all.

“After his appointment as a minister, he has confronted Boko Haram about SIM card registration in such a way that the man was declared one of their major targets. I think his life has put him in a very critical position that he is neither here nor there because if they see him, they will not leave him.

“So, it has great consequences, to be fair, in terms of the security of this country for a minister of digital economy to have made a statement in the past that seems to undermine the present security commitment.

“It has great security consequences on the security perception of this country. That I can tell you without mincing words. But again juxtapose that equally with his commitment as a minister.

“What are his efforts? Has he made any compromising commitment towards those people or he has made a commitment that those people equally see him as an enemy?

“That would help you to equally strike a balance in the course of that. But I have to tell you, it has consequences. His statement has great implication for the security situation of this country.”

https://www.thecable.ng/pantamis-pro-al-qaeda-views-have-consequence-on-security-perception-of-nigeria-says-apc-rep

4 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2021
This is beyond views now , evidence suggests he is actually an actor

224 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:16am On Apr 22, 2021
The reasons I believe the president is yet to sack the terrorist, Isa pantami .
Isa Pantami has a specific assignment he was specifically handpicked to do.
The President is yet to get another capable terrorist that will fill that position who will be able to do the exact job they intend to accomplish.

379 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by SmartProf(m): 11:20am On Apr 22, 2021
FarahAideed:
This is beyond views now , evidence suggests he is actually an actor
He is the original script writer of terrorism, not just an actor.

167 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2021
leaders should always think before they talk

3 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2021
SmartProf:

He is the original script writer of terrorism, not just an actor.

Yes I suspect so. who regrouped boko haram after they scattered because of the death of Mohammed Yusuf

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by FarahAideed: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
The reasons I believe the president is yet to sack the terrorist, Isa pantami .
Isa Pantami has a specific assignment he was specifically handpicked to do.
The President is yet to get another capable terrorist that will fill that position who will be able to do the exact job they intend to accomplish.

He was most likely rewarded for the role he played in organizing Jihadists against the Jonathan govt

190 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by baralatie(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

Yes I suspect but was he who regrouped boko haram after the scattered because of the death of Mohammed Yusuf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2021
The man said a lot of things but in it we can see the truth. Pantami being in that position is untenable, not only to Nigerians but to the international community. I strongly doubt Buhari can afford that baggage at this juncture. Time will tell.

28 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Charmingrascal(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2021
It's a big disgrace to Nigeria

Country with a terrorist as a Minister

It's shameful, it's very shameful.
I weep man

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Franzinni: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
Pantami pantam panta pant pan pa p

Hmm interesting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by janedonez(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
Yes
Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2021
Wow
Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Daniel058(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2021
Too Bad handing out Data to Terrorists From R of P cry

10 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by younglleo: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2021
Omoh
Naija na cruise
Pls una fit generate revenue make i travel out now pay back later?
E dey urgent! Very urgent cry

1 Like

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by ZendayaColeman(f): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2021
Fear who no fear nairaland resident zombies.

Pantanmi is a bloody unrepentant mUdafVckN terrorist.

Bubuhari is the Godfather.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by KingOKON: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2021
Not just perception, Terrorist are controlling this government

5 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by YorubaLord: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2021
All the banditry and Fulani herdsmen killings/ atrocities are considered as Jihad to these bloody Terrorists! angry

Y'all wonder why the U.S restricted Nigerian immigration under the Trump admin? 85% of Muslims are terrorists apologists and also have the tendencies.

I can remember how several Muslims and one particular Alhaja were jubilating after the Sept. 11 terrorists attack of the U.S.
So funny this Alhaja is currently living in the U.S after her kids brought her there. angry

Bloody Hypocrites! angry

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by leicestercamper: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Does the illiterate cow herder president know anything about international perceptions? Not until America and other Western allies hits Nigeria with sanctions for state sponsorship of terrorism, that's when they will wake up

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by wink2015(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Pantami are the kind of people Buhari wants in government.

Let them continue their terror games.

21 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
My only regret now is that I have linked my 3 numbers with NIN cry
Before this terrorist news broke out.

I could have just stayed with the coconut head association embarassed

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Whois(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for being a sincere Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Stateoforigin: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
I haven't read what the minister said but I know it must be really extreme for it to generate this much talk.

An average Nigerian Muslim from the North West/North East is a fanatic. They are all about Mohamed and what they can do to protect the name.

Kwara State too are coming up real fast on Islamism.

Last last, we go de alright

36 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by AHCB: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Of course his statements have great implications regarding the security of this country.

First thing first, if Pantami is to resign, then the heads of our security agencies too should resign, because they failed at doing their job in the first place. This is because they're suppose to have investigated him, go through his past, check his friends, family and better still since he was once an Islamic cleric, know his religious orientation and the likes.

It's such a shame that this is what we are seeing now. If the security agencies have done their job right and provided this information to the NASS AND of course, the Nigerian public, I'm sure he won't have been made a minister.

If I was Buhari, I would simply ask him to resign and sack whoever is heading the security agency responsible for providing security Intel on all ministerial appointees at the time of Pantami's appointment.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2021
“That would help you to equally strike a balance in the course of that. But I have to tell you, it has consequences. His statement has great implication for the security situation of this country.”

1 Like

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by dejonathan(f): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
Isa pantami is a northerner
Boko haram people are northerners
They're killing northerners
So make them continue
North problem

15 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
Buhari doesn't care because Buhari is suffering from dementia and otitis media.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by hslbroker2(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
Babypleudi:
Isa pantami
Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by lastmessenger: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
Neither here nor there. What's the big deal about linking nin to phone no. Has it stopped bandits from killing hundred of people?
Let's stop all these beating around the bush. This man called pantami as a terrorist.simple

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Umajoy: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
They keep leaving in self denial.

7 Likes

Re: Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2021
We are not surprised
Jihad war is ongoing in Nigeria

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Men Sing His Praises At Unveiling Of New Uniform / Peter Obi Campaigns For Alex Otti, Abia State LP Gubernatorial Candidate / Obaseki Vows To Deal With Oshiomhole If He Disrupts Activities In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.