Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. (939 Views)

Adetokunbo Amosu Launches Book As She Clocks 40 / Corona Virus: Who Has Seen This Book By Dean Koontz? / Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Hintona(f): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2021
I saw this book in a gift bag in my dad's room this morning.

I've read this book before, I know what it's like because I read the eBook some months ago. It's a thriller which deals with sensitive topics like religion and my Dad is a staunch Catholic a very rigid one. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he reads this book grin imagine a book that challenges the existence of God? Absolute blasphemy! grin

I'm excited to read it again, I think it's a really good book, though not everyone will agree.

Seriously I don't know why someone would give somebody like my Dad this kind of book except to shake his views on Christianity, and probably Catholicism as well. I know my Dad, he's not flexible at all, he's a very traditional man, he'll probably dismiss this book grin

Can't wait to read it when he's through of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by ProphetofOdin: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
I bet you that your dad won't read past chapter 1, most of Dan Brown's books would taste your faith and might even make you renounce religion if you are not careful.
Please send me the ebook if you still have it.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Konquest: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hintona:

I've read this book before, I know what it's like because I read the eBook some months ago. It's a thriller which deals with sensitive topics like religion and my Dad is a staunch Catholic a very rigid one. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he reads this book grin imagine a book that challenges the existence of God? Absolute blasphemy! grin

I'm excited to read it again, I think it's a really good book, though not everyone will agree.

Seriously I don't know why someone would give somebody like my Dad this kind of book except to shake his views on Christianity, and probably Catholicism as well. I know my Dad, he's not flexible at all, he's a very traditional man, he'll probably dismiss this book grin

The "Sun God" religion (Sol invictus).
Syncretism unleashed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Hintona(f): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
I bet you that your dad won't read past chapter 1, most of Dan Brown's books would taste your faith and might even make you renounce religion if you are not careful.

Send me a PM.

1 Like

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Hintona(f): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
ProphetofOdin:

Send me a PM.

It's true and the man who sent this book to my dad is a church member, he was even praising the book, I guess we have lost a believer grin

2 Likes

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by ProphetofOdin: 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
grin
Hintona:

Send me a PM.

It's true and the man who sent this book to my dad is a church member, he was even praising the book, I guess we have lost a believer grin

No need I was able to download the book, already on chapter 4. Professor Langdon on the beat again. grin
Hintona:

Send me a PM.

No need I was able to download the book, already on chapter 4. Professor Langdon on the beat again.

1 Like

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by JustCruise(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
I would surely want to read this book. I have read a couple of Dan Brown books: Da vinci's code and Angels and demons. I always appreciate his alter ego Prof Langdon deep knowledge on religion.

1 Like

Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by ozome15(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
This No Chrildes Book
Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Hintona(f): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
grin

No need I was able to download the book, already on chapter 4. Professor Langdon on the beat again. grin

No need I was able to download the book, already on chapter 4. Professor Langdon on the beat again.

Okay �
Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Lonelypacifist6: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hintona:

This book isn't for people of weak faith, It'll do You dad good if he reads past the first chapter.
Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hintona:

Your Dad should better read it oooo.. After he is done with it, he should also read, Inferno, Davinci code and Digital fortress....

Dan browns books unwinds the web of political, religious and humanitarian lies... Generally he's books are unpredictably interesting and fun to read..
Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Hintona(f): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Your Dad should better read it oooo.. After he is done with it, he should also read, Inferno, Davinci code and Digital fortress....

Dan browns books unwinds the web of political, religious and humanitarian lies... Generally he's books are unpredictably interesting and fun to read..

Lol maybe he will
Maybe he won't
Re: Someone Gave My Dad This Book As A Gift. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hintona:

Lol maybe he will
Maybe he won't
I read his chain of books on PDF and I'll love to have a personal shelve dedicated to Dan Browns books (hard copy)...

Like I'll Smell them, hold them tight and read them till the end of time...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Launching Of A Mystical Fiction; A Novel Titled, "Dark Hearts." / I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 / Tell Us About The Best Stories You've Ever Read On NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.