Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Golden Bronze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Golden Bronze (1047 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Golden Bronze by Akolawole(m): 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2006
Yes, Skipper Jay-Jay Okocha will not be carrying the cup on Friday in Egypt.
We have won Silver and bronze many times.
Since 30 years ago, It is on record that Nigeria is the only country in Africa that has never go back home in Nations cup finals EMPTY-HANDED. We always get a medal, no matter what!
We are meeting a better-focused and organised Senegal team.
I will like to remind the following players few things:

1) MARTINS: You played for Italian team, Inter-Milan, you have won the CAF award as the best young African footballer, and you scored 22 goals in Italy last season. PROVE IT THAT IT IS NO FLUKE, Prove it on Thursday.

[/b]2)[b] KANU
: You have been good ambassador of Nigeria, Two-times Africa footballer of the year, won all club's cups with Arsenal & Ajax, Atlanta Gold. You may not play Nations cup again and you have not score a nations cup goal. PROVE IT THAT YOU ARE IN TOP FORM.

3) OKOCHA: Mercurial player, John Barnes calls you the most skilful player he has ever seen. Pele chooses you among the best 100 living players. You are 5th best player in the premiership two seasons ago. You are playing your last tournament for the Eagles. Best Player and Highest goal scorer in Tunisia 2004. PROVE IT that all the noise about you is a true reflection of Jay-jay Okocha.

4) MIKEL: Jose Mourinho says about you “Chelsea had found pure Gold in Africa”, Silver ball Winner as the second best player at Holland 2005. Most talk-about-footballer in the world in 2005. A raw talent, no wonder Manchester United and Chelsea wants you at all cost. PROVE IT that you are not a fluke 

5) YOBO: A tested defender in the premiership. Shut out Chelsea Superstars in their league match at Goddison Park, earn man-of-the-match award in that match. PROVE IT that you are a good defender.

6) VINCENT: Best goalkeeper in 2004 Nations cup. Arguably best in this year edition. A gentleman by all standard. PLEASE SHUT OUT THE SENEGALESE, PROVE IT THAT YOU ARE THE BEST.

7) TAIWO: French based player, Bronze ball winner at Holland 2005. PROVE IT THAT YOU MERIT SUPER EAGLES, PROVE IT THAT SIASIA IS NOT YOUR IN-ROAD TO SUPER EAGLES 
And to other players, prove yourself tomorrow; make Nigerians happy, PROVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTT.

We have missed the Gold and Silver, please give us the golden-bronze.

Nairalanders ask them to prove it pleaseeee; they must not come back home empty

Re: The Golden Bronze by bagoma(f): 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2006
we are tired of carrying bronze
we have the potentials to rule africa.
what records are we talking about sef? that we've reached the semi's a 1001 times but have only managed to lift the cup twice!!! thinking it about annoys the hell out of someone.

the only thing left to salvage here is our bruised ego and national pride.

so eagles go!! just repair (however little) the damage you did!!!
Re: The Golden Bronze by nicetohave(m): 11:26pm On Feb 08, 2006
Kola if no be say you be my friend i for give you a piece of my mind, where you leave this one before they played CIV? put this way, even me go score against senegal
Re: The Golden Bronze by vichel(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2006
bronze medal stinks, we wanted gold
Re: The Golden Bronze by bagoma(f): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2006
yeah, we got the bronze alright but no joy. we should have been playing tomorrow. sad
Re: The Golden Bronze by nicetohave(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2006
they should thanks their stars i no dey murtala airport when they arrive, na to take that bronze medal pelt them for face angry
Re: The Golden Bronze by Akolawole(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2006
nicetohave:

they should thanks their stars i no dey murtala airport when they arrive, na to take that bronze medal pelt them for face angry
Ladies man! , oh sorry Nice2Have
Wetin you for do for them?

bagoma:

we should have been playing tomorrow. sad

Play tommorow ke!, We might play rubbish when it matters most
Re: The Golden Bronze by nicetohave(m): 1:26am On Feb 10, 2006
Akolawole:

Ladies man! , oh sorry Nice2Have
Wetin you for do for them?

Kola, yeye man............anyway sha put that way you actually make me smile, the super eagles to Nigerians is just like a man putting his wife in constant pain and enjoying it, one day id adopt another country/team and forget about them because thats the only way i wont feel this pain anymore, no matter how i try i go still watch them play the next competition.

(1) (Reply)

Nations Cup '96 Question. / Lampard/gerrad Who Plays Better / Seven Players Who Should Not Be In Nigeria's Squad To S.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.