Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? (32015 Views)

What's The Best Data Plan For Heavy Users? / Best Subscription For Blackberry 10 On Airtel / Best Internet Plan For Heavy Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
psalms37:

I have to correct this, Ntel's modified data plans:

Ntel Unlimited plus plan- truly unlimited with no data cap or threshold, available for 25,000 and valid for 30 days.
Ntel Unlimited Family plan- Data threshold not 150GB and bonus data of 75GB in total 225GB. Available for 18,500 valid for 30 days.

Thank you so much for the modification.
Our post was from 2020.
Hence, the disparity.

Btw,
Happy Birthday to you.
Hope you enjoyed your day?
kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by 6ixT8: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
see as peeps the scatter data. whereas someone is here managing 1gb 2 hundred per week.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by gidjah(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
I have a 4gb smile but not unlocked yet and the battery has gone cold ,so it won't hold battery charge any one to help or buy ?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by 2kurupt(m): 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
avalon7:
The special data offers you get from mtn by dialing *121# seem to offer good value for money BUT in my experience it is very frustrating browsing with those plans. I noticed a huge difference in speed when browsing with normal data and when browsing with those *121 data, i can't access some apps and website with those *121 data offers. Is it just me or is it a general thing?

Check your APN
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Lilpen3758: 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
edoairways:
Coverage is still poor.
Hehehehe nice signature
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
michlins:
I don't brag about anything. This is nothing compared to what people use. A friend of mine is on annual subscription of 1TB a year for #100,000 and he finishes it before the year elapses. I know someone on this platform who downloads an episode of a series with 2gb.

So it's not showoff, you are just being jealous

Please is mtn data shareable?

I just dialed your code and discovered I was qualified fir the 20g
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by shogsman(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Topmaike007:
those 5gb are always the first ones to come out before those ones that are less
Bro na lie,higher resolution movies takes more time to process and upload unless you don't do much download sir,I use more than 100gig monthly for downloads so I'm pretty conversant with it.

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by abatically(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
AgreatMan:

How many movies on torrent sites are up to 5gb?

Ur kidding right? I have Jumanji 4k HDR downloaded from rarbg and its 16gb. Also Avengers end game 4k HDR about 16gb.
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by AgreatMan: 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
abatically:

Ur kidding right? I have Jumanji 4k HDR downloaded from rarbg and its 16gb. Also Avengers end game 4k HDR about 16gb.

Most movies r under 3GB. I just don't like people inflating the file size of movies they download to make themselves look big. There r movies with big file size but these r in d tiny tiny minority
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by abatically(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
AgreatMan:

Most movies r under 3GB. I just don't like people inflating the file size of movies they download to make themselves look big. There r movies with big file size but these r in d tiny tiny minority

Dude just stop embarrassing uself. Just tell me what I have to gain by inflating size of movies? These are some of the movies I downloaded on my laptop. These are even compressed to a certain level to be able to fit to 16gb. Even some 1080p movies can be as big as 30gb depending on the kind of audio. There are torrent movies that are up to 50gb with dolby atmos. You just download wetin ur power reach and the type of TV and audio system u have. If u don't have a system that supports dolby atmos then downloading a movie with dolby atmost is waste of data.

The snyder justice league I downloaded is about 5gb and it's even 1080p with just normal dolby audio. Now just imagine what the size would be if it was 4k hdr with dolby atmos or even dts audio.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by AgreatMan: 12:20am On Apr 25, 2021
abatically:

Dude just stop embarrassing uself. Just tell me what I have to gain by inflating size of movies? These are some of the movies I downloaded on my laptop. These are even compressed to a certain level to be able to fit to 16gb. Even some 1080p movies can be as big as 30gb depending on the kind of audio. There are torrent movies that are up to 50gb with dolby atmos. You just download wetin ur power reach and the type of TV and audio system u have. If u don't have a system that supports dolby atmos then downloading a movie with dolby atmost is waste of data.

The snyder justice league I downloaded is about 5gb and it's even 1080p with just normal dolby audio. Now just imagine what the size would be if it was 4k hdr with dolby atmos or even dts audio.

Due to my location, I pay less than 2k naira per month for 100gig n don't even know d code to check data. Never checked my data in 4 years. I have unlimited wifi at home. Claiming u r downloading 16GB movie is plain bragging. 99.8percent of d population don't need it. All d movies u showed r old by d ways.
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by abatically(m): 12:40am On Apr 25, 2021
AgreatMan:

Due to my location, I pay less than 2k naira per month for 100gig n don't even know d code to check data. Never checked my data in 4 years. I have unlimited wifi at home. Claiming u r downloading 16GB movie is plain bragging. 99.8percent of d population don't need it. All d movies u showed r old by d ways.

U are still embarrassing urself. Can u explain the meaning of plain bragging? U are the one that claimed movies cannot be more than 3gb, I showed u proof of movies that are over 16gb now u say it's bragging. If I didn't post those pictures u would still say I was lying that movies can't be more than 3gb.

Moreover it's not about movies being old. Some movies are collection items that even after watching the 1080p version I still go to download the 4k versions for keep. I don't have to download every movies in 4k hdr, just select ones. Mortal kombat cake out yesterday, I already downloaded and watched it.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Shollay20(m): 11:02am On Apr 25, 2021
avalon7:
The special data offers you get from mtn by dialing *121# seem to offer good value for money BUT in my experience it is very frustrating browsing with those plans. I noticed a huge difference in speed when browsing with normal data and when browsing with those *121 data, i can't access some apps and website with those *121 data offers. Is it just me or is it a general thing?
check your settings remove the IP ADDRESS. AND SAVE IT,
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by avalon7(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Shollay20:
check your settings remove the IP ADDRESS. AND SAVE IT,

Abeg Remove the ip address from where?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Shollay20(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2021
avalon7:

Abeg Remove the ip address from where?

Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by avalon7(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2021
[quote author=Shollay20 post=101254074][/quote]

It worked. Thanks bro but downloading is now slow
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by generationz(f): 3:51pm On May 23, 2021
IBvoss:
Stay faithful to MTN. Not only do they have the fastest download speeds I've seen amongst the popular Nigerian networks, but their data plans are also very nice.

Not all devices are eligible for this offer and I don't know how you can qualify, but those who do can enjoy can special offers through #121#

For Special Data Offers, you can get

1. 2GB for 500 (2.5 GB if use subscribe through MTN APP)

2. 100% bonus on their 3000 for 12GB plan which gives u double the data, i.e 12GB + 12GB = 24GB for 3000N

3. 100% bonus on their 5000 for 20GB plan which gives u double the data, i.e 20GB + 20GB = 40GB for 5000N

To make it even sweeter, MTN is currently offering a 200% bonus (Three times the data!) on any of their data plans from 500 - 5000N. If you get the text from MTN, you're qualified.

Though, I think this is only available to those who already qualified for the *121# offers. This is what I've been using from the past month. With 3000N, I got 36GB and with 5000N, I got 60GB(currently using).

Does the double and triple data thingy still work?

Must I use a new sim?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by generationz(f): 3:55pm On May 23, 2021
abatically:

This is the same plan I use. But there's a twist, the bonus 12gb expires after 4 days while the base 12gb is for 1 month. The whole thing no dey even last me pass 10 days. Though when I want to download I just do 2.5gb for 500

You mean the 12gb bonus is programmed to last for only 4 days?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by IBvoss(m): 7:43pm On May 23, 2021
generationz:

Does the double and triple data thingy still work?

Must I use a new sim?

Seems to have expired currently and it should be for existing users when available and not new subscribers.
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by abatically(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2021
generationz:

You mean the 12gb bonus is programmed to last for only 4 days?

Actually they fixed it. Now it's 1 month.
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Chuks2021: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
Pls is there smile network coverage at portharcourt airport?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by saratackit: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
I sat with my GLO 5h 2days for 2gig
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by ollymer73(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
michlins:
You call 10gb a heavy user. LoL

I use almost 50gb monthly and I don't consider myself an average user.

Na MTN 24gb for 3,500 I dey use two to three times monthly. I'm thinking of upgrading to 5k for 40gb

What is the code for MTN 24gb for 3,500?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Leemekzy:
TIZETI. 12,500 for unlimited 1 month. Stream and download as you like. Thats what i use.
How fast and reliable is Tizeti pls?
Is it good for video streaming?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Don’t mind the guy.., just one night on Netflix I used almost 100GB of data watching Narcos Columbia!!
Which isp do u subscribe to?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Toughluv:

Ekovolt unlimited downloads- high speed, wireless internet solutions, won't shake... even if u use 500GB in one week �

For more info,

Share whatsapp contact.
Is Ekovolt in Arepo, Lagos-Ibadan expressway?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Bigsteveg(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
justscorchone:

Lol we when kon dey use 500gb per month wetin we go kon be, all thanks to tizeti.

Is this tizeti that strong, how reliable are they? Can they provide good speed for video streaming like netflix and prime video?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 09, 2021
Yea man

Bigsteveg:

Is this tizeti that strong, how reliable are they? Can they provide good speed for video streaming like netflix and prime video?
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by Leemekzy: 6:26am On Jun 09, 2021
Bigsteveg:

How fast and reliable is Tizeti pls?
Is it good for video streaming?
its good in my area and also good for streaming. But when ever it rains its a huge problem.
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by nappyboy1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nairalandian:

Which router do you use sir, and how much does it cost?

Tekratel
Re: What Is The Best Subscription For Heavy Downloads? by clockwisereport: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
Goldbw122:

Smile coverage continues to expand rapidly with our SuperFast 4G LTE internet available in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Abuja, Benin City, Kaduna, Onitsha and Asaba. Smile is already Africa's largest 4G LTE provider. Make Smile your broadband provider of choice.
Check online, that might help.

Can I get smile in Zaria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Your Opera Browser Load Faster Even With Slow Connection / Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.