Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

The Problems With Learning A Handwork. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (19656 Views)

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / I'm In Need Of Advice On A Handwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by maximunimpact(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
for me here are few of the problems:
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

You are free to add yours.
these are just but a few problems you will ecounter when you decide to go into handwork.
but las las there is no sure road to success just do what fits you and everythings gon be alright. cool

Low IQ infested reasoning

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by seamfund: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
Learn
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
Anyways, handwork is still the best!

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by seyz91(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
easy to say as if family and friend too no get them own problem
rawtouch:
shocked

capital can be sourced from friends and relations, the key is to start small and expand as the business grows

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by stanley000: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
seyz91:
easy to say as if family and friend too no get them own problem
u dey mind that pikin

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by nauto: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
First Learn the work so that you will face the problems like others

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Ayion: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
HM
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Komu1048(m): 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

these are just but a few problems you will ecounter when you decide to go into handwork.
but las las there is no sure road to success just do what fits you and everythings gon be alright. cool

Bro is still by far better than graduating to work in private school and earn irregular 15k/month. As a painter there are works I made 60k/day. Not always but get btween 250k-350k/month. And any day I’m not working I rest. I stoped working as a teacher when one parent I do take her ward(personal tutor) told me 2k/month is too much. I cried my heart out, I mean did I spend all this years to earn such peanut?

Next day I called my parent I want to learn painting, and I’m happy I did. But the education help me in negotiations and estimation. But if I had known with my ssce I can still do that

3 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

To be honest non of your excuses hold water. Handwork is still the best especially in this country. Trust me

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by RightToReject(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
Are you sure they've been telling you to learn handwork or acquire a skill? I think it's the later; if I am correct, then it's honorable advice. If you haven't achieved independent status in your chosen career/profession or aren't a thoroughbred professional at all, then you need to acquire a skill, regardless of your academic standard, if you desire to live rather than to just exist. Just a few number of people are living, while the rest in the majority are just existing. You need a valuable skill to start living.

A skill doesn't automatically equate to handwork, just as not all handworks are skill. No valuable skill can ever be in short demand - skill based on abstract knowledge doesn't cost much monetarily, and it's always timeless and rewarding provided that one is versatile.

5 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by OlawaleBammie: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

4) Ur oga nkt allowing u to go even after u have completed ur service
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
Komu1048:

Bro is still by far better than graduating to work in private school and earn irregular 15k/month. As a painter there are works I made 60k/day. Not always but get btween 250k-350k/month. And any day I’m not working I rest. I stoped working as a teacher when one parent I do take her ward(personal tutor) told me 2k/month is too much. I cried my heart out, I mean did I spend all this years to earn such peanut?

Next day I called my parent I want to learn painting, and I’m happy I did. But the education help me in negotiations and estimation. But if I had known with my ssce I can still do that
God bless you for this post. You're a wise man
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by samwash(m): 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2021
As they are course you study in the universities that are very marketable & sustainable, the same thing with learning a handwork.
It's always good to learn handwork when going to school, depends on ones passion.

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Onewazobia(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2021
rawtouch:
shocked

capital can be sourced from friends and relations, the key is to start small and expand as the business grows

For those who have well to do family
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by winner37(m): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
There is nothing wrong with learning handwork , infact it the best .
Graduate do have their own disadvantage and problem so it's not only handwork to has more problematic.
Is hand work that makes me who am I today , during my period of learning I endured all sorts of problem because I knew where I was going to ..

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
Bbqgrillsnafool:
chai BMC na handwork?

Cc:
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by dododawa1: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

OGA, na lie HANDWORK is the best, Yoruba will say ATELENI KI TENI JE, no gain in FRAUD and YAHOO YAHOO and POLITICAL STEALING.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by dododawa1: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
Their is digilent in HANDWORK not YAHOO YAHOO and POLITICAL STEALING.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by damiloladuke: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Komu1048(m): 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
iammo:
before going into a profession or learning handwork, look at the networth and asset of the richest Artisan in your locality

Bro, if you are educated and you learn a trade. Bro that’s two opportunities. U can start with one and grow through
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by XXXXTENTACION: 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
MetalJigsaw:
To be honest non of your excuses hold water. Handwork is still the best especially in this country. Trust me
Handwork is good no doubt but it also has its own share of problems which is why i created dis thread lets discuss.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
KingAttitude:
“What will people say?”

Me! A whole Graduate..
Has render so many graduate jobless...

Anyway, pesin wey naked no dey chook hand for pocket...
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by tarboshi(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Ecclesiastes 11:4 =>> He who watches the wind [waiting for all conditions to be perfect] will not sow [seed], and he who looks at the clouds will not reap [a harvest].
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by blazepascal(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
as long as you are in Nigeria nothing comes easy there must be challenges
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Trustedpronet: 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
Op said can be rude or effensive...lol. After smoking igbo or drink sikira agbo mixed with ogogoro...na God go safe you by the time e use car chain scatter your head.

And if you are not so lucky the oga fit use your destiny with those juju pot and bury this and that to make business move.

Be careful where you go learn handiwork. Get a civilized trainers not those unlettered oga that lacks global practices.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Oshokalo: 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
he no eazy to go learn handwork when u already have responsibility waiting for u everyday if u are a salary earner,when person suppose learn work na when him never sabi money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Also Do (photos) / Meet Olayemi Samson, Nigerian Enterpreneur Making Fashion Out Of Trash / I'm Considering Leaving Medicine - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.