Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

The Problems With Learning A Handwork. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (19605 Views)

I Want To Move To Lagos, Which Handwork Should I Learn Before Moving??? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / I'm In Need Of Advice On A Handwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by cassidy1996(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
for me here are few of the problems:
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

You are free to add yours.
these are just but a few problems you will ecounter when you decide to go into handwork.
but las las there is no sure road to success just do what fits you and everythings gon be alright. cool
GOD bless you
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

these are just but a few problems you will ecounter when you decide to go into handwork.
but las las there is no sure road to success just do what fits you and everythings gon be alright. cool
Asin I only have the issue of no 3,
cuz luckily for me my Dad was a sponsor when I decided to improve my artistic creativity by learning pencil art, painting,sculpture and some other art works all during the covid season all within a period of 8 months....

and also although the chief director of the school is very strict I never really got borthering cuz I love discipline myself and I had a lot of friends around the flow with plus the school had a library,a long break time, good games to whine down with and even lunch was occasionally provided by the school...

all we paid was a megear 5k, as registration and the rest we paid by handling works and commission given to us by clients, so we actually learnt by working...and also personal pratice with our own materials

buh funny enough after learning the trade and working well on improving my skills.. specially in painting wish I'm mastering rapidly cuz I'm quite and art prodigy,now I'm in school with a good skill buh no patronage what so ever...I used to imagine I'll have cool cash once school resume..for were ..no body is even looking my side...I hope things will change soon cuz j promise my dad that very soon the skill would stabilize me in school

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by edoairways: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
Highbeepeeh:
Well that's your own point of view....

Poor or zero capital I don't think that's a problem, you that you're learning should already have a plan on how to raise money after you're through with learning.
E.g Find a factory work to raise Capital

Offensive boss, Niggerrr you've got to pay a price for what you want to gain, if your boss is offensive take it as the way God create HIM OR HER just concentrate more on what you're learning and forget about the boss attitude, if you care more for your boss and it's obvious to Him or Her, then sense will call the boss sef to order.

Low customer or patronage, Work more on the Environment you want to set up your business and if you're very good, your skill will bring customers.
Then never Forget GOD, Always call him cos HE didn't create you to SUFFER, let HIM known what you're going through, surely HE will answer you
Talk is indeed cheap
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by OgbanjeProphet: 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
Nothing to add angry

Learn a handiwork, trading or get education now for a better future.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Emekajnr123: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
handwork is not rill bad... but one need to be buoyant enough to start up d busines after learning...
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Machinegun91(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hmmmmmm And it shall come to pass
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by isax(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Every thing in life has challenges so stop trying to give those who wants to do nothing excuses to romance daily...
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Elock1: 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
frank800:

08082404039 whatapp me and thank me later. You Need only 70k to start.
message sent
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by pascalbenz: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Bro we wey dey learn work , wetin our eyes dey see choke ooo for agreement you sign like 2-3 yrs , wen your freedom period don dey near oga go begin reason you something else, some oga no go even want teach you the main thing seff just dey waist apprentice time. If you be jnr for workshop sorry for you na so so errands you go dey go for like one year

3 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by orriyomi33(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
Overpopulation : There is hardly any street (In Lagos) you will walk that you won't see 10-20 shops of a hairdresser or tailor.

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
Luqso1:
Learn handwork with sch. Nd you're good to go
I'm currently studying at Unilag, 400L while I've attended a technical sch before, now I'm bouyant and ambitious cos my handwork dey pay me well

And what's ur hand work?
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by orriyomi33(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
pascalbenz:
Bro we wey dey learn work , wetin our eyes dey see choke ooo for agreement you sign like 2-3 yrs , wen your freedom period don dey near oga go begin reason you something else, some oga no go even want teach you the main thing seff just dey waist apprentice time. If you be jnr for workshop sorry for you na so so errands you go dey go for like one year
I run errands for like 2 years.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by love2017(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Your points are wack and irrelevant......
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by surckerg(m): 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
iammo:
before going into a profession or learning handwork, look at the networth and asset of the richest Artisan in your locality

You are a genius
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Eastornprince: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Hmmmmm, my good friend. Things must be difficult for you wherever you are.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by slimjosh231(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
orriyomi33:
Overpopulation : There is hardly any street (In Lagos) you will walk that you won't see 10-20 shops of a hairdresser or tailor.
Watch out for more of such shops. If they’re not cashing out, long ago them for don fold up.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by pascalbenz: 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
orriyomi33:
I run errands for like 2 years.
bro e no funny oo
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by orriyomi33(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
pascalbenz:
bro e no funny oo
Lol bro. i was the youngest person then and there were about 40 or more before me. my only saving grace was thata i was still in school.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by pascalbenz: 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
orriyomi33:
Lol bro. i was the youngest person then and there were about 40 or more before me. my only saving grace was thata i was still in school.
wch of the handwork ...?
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
If my oga follow me yarn okpata, na to break bottle for him mama head remain... wink

No time
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by orriyomi33(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2021
pascalbenz:
wch of the handwork ...?
Aluminium fabrication
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by BigYash: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
SonOfAfonja:
If my oga follow me yarn okpata, na to break bottle for him mama head remain... wink

No time
My niga. I swear,if I warn am first ,second time,he still repeat am. Heading wen I go give am for teeth,he no go dey pick his teeth like beans for ground.. I hate intimidation pass any other thing bros. Most you maltreat person, because he wan learn work from your hand. He go too collect o...

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by AlfaAce(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
I just finished with university. Awaiting result. Things are currently very tight for me. I want to learn a skill but I do not even know which to learn. Your honest advice means a lot at this crucial point.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Abeeb1995: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
Luqso1:
Learn handwork with sch. Nd you're good to go
I'm currently studying at Unilag, 400L while I've attended a technical sch before, now I'm bouyant and ambitious cos my handwork dey pay me well
How many years will you use in technical sch
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2021
There are many places to learn a trade, don't need greedy bosses, we have institutions that you can learn practical stuff, just pay their price.

I d rather pay 300,000 to learn practical electrical work for 2 years than spend millions and waste 4 years in a university then start looking for non existent jobs.

Hand work pays, most Nigerians in foreign countries survive by handwork, they send money home.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Olodo24: 8:56am On Apr 30, 2021
rawtouch:
shocked

capital can be sourced from friends and relations, the key is to start small and expand as the business grows
It's not as easy as you made it look. Not in this present day Nigeria where nobody wants to help anyone. These days, people become even more hopeless and helpless after learning a skill.
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by skedy1(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Highbeepeeh:
Well that's your own point of view....

Poor or zero capital I don't think that's a problem, you that you're learning should already have a plan on how to raise money after you're through with learning.
E.g Find a factory work to raise Capital

Offensive boss, Niggerrr you've got to pay a price for what you want to gain, if your boss is offensive take it as the way God create HIM OR HER just concentrate more on what you're learning and forget about the boss attitude, if you care more for your boss and it's obvious to Him or Her, then sense will call the boss sef to order.

Low customer or patronage, Work more on the Environment you want to set up your business and if you're very good, your skill will bring customers.
Then never Forget GOD, Always call him cos HE didn't create you to SUFFER, let HIM known what you're going through, surely HE will answer you

Final!

Mama Amaka...bring one chill Heineken here!
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Olodo24: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Abeeb1995:

How many years will you use in technical sch
Technical colleges takes like six years. My nephew is currently in a Technical college in PH
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Olodo24: 9:02am On Apr 30, 2021
slimjosh231:
Watch out for more of such shops. If they’re not cashing out, long ago them for don fold up.
some are not getting customers and they're relocating like every year
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by Olodo24: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2021
orriyomi33:
That's another major issue/challenge. Diversity isn't practiced in this country. Everybody is just learning 1-3 skills they feel is easy hence the stuff gets saturated and leaving some stranded and frustrated
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by ofiko123(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2021
In my own opinion, learning a skill is better...
Re: The Problems With Learning A Handwork. by lovemaths(f): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
I can teach you how to make
Tie & dye
Batik
Call/whatsapp 0.8.1.6.6.9.5.8.8.6.0

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.