Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million (22823 Views)

Abiodun Gives Automatic Employment, N2m To 2 Best Graduating OOU Students (Pix) / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
Gov. Dapo Abiodun of Ogun has donated a two-bedroom bungalow and N2 million to the 2020 overall best graduating student of Lagos State University (LASU) Oladimeji Shotunde, an indigene of the state.
The governor made the announcement during a celebration of Ogun academic laureates 2021, held at the Obas Complex, Abeokuta, on Thursday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the governor also gifted Mr Ademola Adeeko, of Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta, winner of 2020 African Union Continental Teacher’s Award, a two-bedroom bungalow.

The governor announced that the state government would also set up an education endowment fund for Miss Faith Odunsi of the Ambassadors College, Ota, in Ogun, winner of Global Open Mathematics Tournament.

He noted that the event was another symbolic confirmation of the status of the state, not only as the education capital of Nigeria, but as the intellectual melting-pot in Nigeria.

Abiodun said that education remained one of the biggest industries in the state and one of the proudest legacies bequeathed to it by her founding fathers, promising that the government would sustain the legacy.

“This is why immediately on assumption of office on May 29, 2019, we declared a state of emergency on education. It was a methodical and calculated approach to rescue the education sector from the dwindling fortunes inflicted on it by the indifference of the past.

“What could have happened to the education of the state that produced the likes of Prof. Wole Soyinka, the first Nigerian and African to win the Nobel Prize in Literature; Prof. Thomas Lambo, the first professor of Psychiatric Medicine in Nigeria?

He listed others produced by the state as Prof. Biyi Afonja, Professor of Statistics; Prof. Olikoye Ransome Kuti, the renowned Paediatrician; Emeritus Prof. Theophilus Ogunlesi, the first Professor of Medicine in Nigeria; Prof. Oyinade Olurin, the first female Professor of Medicine, Prof. Anthony Asiwaju, foremost Historian.

Abiodun said that the present administration focused on infrastructure development, human capital development, provision of conducive environment, among many others, to redeem the sector and restore the lost glory.

He assured the people that the state government would continue to put measures in place toward providing quality education necessary for the development of the state.

The governor charged teachers, as important stakeholders, to continue to discharge their professional duties creditably beyond the new demands of COVID-19.

He appealed to teachers to ensure that the children were adequately catered for physically, mentally and socially in preparation for future challenges.

NAN reports that Soyinka; Prof. Isiaq Oloyede, Registrar, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB); and Prof. Anthony Asiwaju, Professor of History, joined the event virtually.

They commended the governor for recognising success, urging him to continue to take the state to greater heights.

NAN reports that the governor also honoured 25 others for academic excellence

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/abiodun-gives-best-2020-lasu-graduating-student-bungalow-n2m/j7pv8fs

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Moferere: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Good step in good direction

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Righteousness2(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
This is Awesome! The Governor has done good.
For the First time in a long time, Something tangible is given to someone for academic excellence and not for Immorality and Nonsense

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by juman(m): 1:53am On Apr 23, 2021
Good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by juman(m): 1:54am On Apr 23, 2021
The best person from ogun state so far was baba obafemi awolowo.

The worst person from ogun state is obasanjo.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by money121(m): 6:15am On Apr 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Jestin: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Governor with sense ....not those gifting that nonsense program called big brother .

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Can we all now confirm that Depo is not just useless, he's confused as well. He doesn't even know his jurisdiction anymore. If he wants to be so generous, he can begin by giving government appointment to OOU's first class graduates. Those ones graduate and move on like nothing happened. The government used to be reasonable many years ago until it got people like Amosun, who's greed to have a university in his own hometown almost ended the reign of TASUED, and the monumental disaster by the name Dapo into office.

Mr Governor, let's begin to feel your presence in Ogun state. You've failed a lot of us already.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Good to know that some of these politicians are reading our posts on this forum.
They are taking some of our advice to better the lives of the people they govern.
All of us @[/b] have been asking for this for a long time now, even with this post from the beginning of the year as the screenshot below shows.....

We will get there as a nation,
[b]A time when we will be celebrating excellence and not stupidity and foolishness.

Thumbs-up Guv Abiodun.
God bless Ogun State.
God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Jostoman: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2021
Election is coming
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 23, 2021
That's commendable. Wow!!!
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 23, 2021
Wow
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by GeneralPula: 6:18am On Apr 23, 2021
I don’t know why our politicians do this. Best graduating students deserves a big credibility!

Why not 10m, 20m..

I said this cuz it’s what they can do but just wouldn’t !

If nah BBN rubbish nah, we all know as e go be..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by superlanny(m): 6:18am On Apr 23, 2021
To be honest, there is nothing this so called incredible criminals, CAN EVER do that will impress Superlanny, if them like they should share 1million for every youth. All Na Scam. Nigerian Politicians never give for free, 2023 is close by and they are sharpening their knives.
Something they can't maintain, or will never happen again. I just laugh when I see the number of dumbos still expecting something from the leaders.
See Pantami is still a minister in this country, someone that should be cooling his heels in Jail.
I know Nigeria is a great country, I just have one question for God, why did you plague us with incompetence,corruption and senseless leaders.
I hope the Mumus supporting them and bashing eachother because of whatever reason find what they are truly searching for.
I have been delivered from the hands of evil and stupidity, if you see me support any of these demonic parties and politicians, please know I have lost my mind and I deserve to be slapped 20 times.
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by BigYash: 6:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Good news!
Good morning...
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by kennyamusan(m): 6:19am On Apr 23, 2021
This is commendable. We saw what they did to achieve this....... what is the rationale behind giving ambassadorial title to laycon and a house,other than going for BBN?

1 Like

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by koxi: 6:19am On Apr 23, 2021
Laudable!!!
This should be encouraged.
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by VillageBus(m): 6:20am On Apr 23, 2021
Where the house wey Dem give am dey located?
Cus I read the write-up twice I no see the area name
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by landmark86: 6:20am On Apr 23, 2021
Kudos to Mr Governor
Well deserve
First class no be moimoi

We need more of this to ginger sum of the students
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Monogamy: 6:20am On Apr 23, 2021
Nice

Gov Dapo have been on good news lately.. He should keep that up

1 Like

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Zico5(m): 6:21am On Apr 23, 2021
juman:
The best person from ogun state so far was baba obafemi awolowo.

The worst person from ogun state is obasanjo.
OBJ is an enigma, a rare breed. The history of this country will not be complete without him. That phone u held to write this trash is his evolution. Though I am not from Ogun state but I know history will not forget him. We all have our flaws but that will never diminish our ability.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Whoknowsme: 6:22am On Apr 23, 2021
Well-done Mr Governor
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by decharlic(m): 6:22am On Apr 23, 2021
This is commendable. Thank you sir!
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Zetty177x: 6:22am On Apr 23, 2021
It's something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Ebumega(m): 6:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Highly commendable
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by zeusdgrt(m): 6:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Hmmmmm I see
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 23, 2021
GeneralPula:
I don’t know why our politicians do this. Best graduating students deserves a big credibility!

Why not 10m, 20m..

I said this cuz it’s what they can do but just wouldn’t !

If nah BBN rubbish nah, we all know as e go be..

Why not #10M? seriously? kuku give him the whole money allocated to Ogun State by the FG.
As 2M can't cover all the money he has spent in LASU

7 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2021
This is commendable
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by Alejobs: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2021
wink
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by IgboWarlord(m): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2021
post=101039250:
Good to know that some of these politicians are reading our posts on this forum.
They are taking some of our advice to better the lives of the people they govern.
All of us @[/b] have been asking for this for a long time now, even with this post from the beginning of the year as the screenshot below shows.....

We will get there as a nation,
[b]A time when we will be celebrating excellence and not stupidity and foolishness.

Thumbs-up Guv Abiodun.
God bless Ogun State.
God bless Nigeria

And you think it's your useless post that made Gov Abiodun do all these things??..You are deluded if you think so...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by powerbanks: 6:38am On Apr 23, 2021
Big ups to the governor for the kind gesture.
Re: Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million by crusufixo(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is Awesome! The Governor has done good.
Something tangible is given to someone for academic excellence and not for Immorality and Nonsense

Gbam !!!. Even though he deserves much more cos it's no mean feat to be an overall best student, especially in LASU. However, this is still very commendable. It's my hope that cooperate bodies and other individuals would emulate this gesture.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC GCE 2012 Registration Is On / "Obtaining" Is Now A Culture In Unilag / How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.