Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Who Voted For This Man? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Voted For This Man? (1361 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 1:25am On Apr 22, 2011
Whoever voted for this man has blood in his hands.

Re: Who Voted For This Man? by mamagee3(f): 1:28am On Apr 22, 2011
Could you please tell us how and what made them unclean?

And tell us the actions of that man before making ridiculous claims like this.

reetard!
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2011
modified.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 1:31am On Apr 22, 2011
As a candidate in the presidential elections, he warned about possible violence if the election was rigged.
Is that what a presidential candidate should be busy with?

Shouldn't he have been busy telling us what he would do for Nigeria?

Well, the elections ended in his defeat, and his supporters (being mainly illiterates) acted out his earlier threats.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 1:37am On Apr 22, 2011
Since he wanted to be president, I would believe that he was informed enough about the nature of his own supporters, and therefore not make any form of threat, or incendiary comments during campaigns.

So, when he made those threats, he knew what he was doing. He only wanted to use his illiterate supporters as tools to check rigging.

Well, he forgot that innocent Nigerians would be killed by his supporters.

In civilized societies, he would be arrested and tried.

I wonder how his supporters (assuming they have conscience) sleep at night.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Katsumoto: 1:40am On Apr 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

As a candidate in the presidential elections, he warned about possible violence if the election was rigged.
Is that what a presidential candidate should be busy with?

Shouldn't he have been busy telling us what he would do for Nigeria?

Well, the elections ended in his defeat, and his supporters (being mainly illiterates) acted out his earlier threats.

And shouldn't the elected president be held responsible for not preparing for the riots?  The president equally has blood on his hands by not protecting innocent citizens. A ten year old would have told you that there would be trouble.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 1:47am On Apr 22, 2011
There is a difference between dereliction of duty (if you like on the side of the president), and inciting supporters to kill other Nigerians.
Buhari wanted to use illiterate northerners as enforcers of his selfish political interest.

Hundreds of Nigerians are dead today because Buhari threatened trouble if rigging occurred. He should NEVER have issued such threats as a presidential elections candidate.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Rossikk(m): 1:51am On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto said

A ten year old would have told you that there would be trouble.

Dude, a million people came out in Kaduna to riot! What sort of preparation exactly does one make for a scenario like that? I'm sure there were soldiers deployed to these places, but they were overwhelmed by the crowds. This wasn't about a few youths running around causing havoc. I doubt even Jonathan expected this scale of reaction. I certainly didn't, especially after the elections were widely praised as free and fair.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 2:01am On Apr 22, 2011

Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Apr 22, 2011
^^

Enforcers of Buhari's "mandate". cry
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Katsumoto: 2:05am On Apr 22, 2011
Rossikk:

Katsumoto said

Dude, a million people came out in Kaduna to riot! What sort of preparation exactly does one make for a scenario like that? I'm sure there were soldiers deployed to these places, but they were overwhelmed by the crowds. This wasn't about a few youths running around causing havoc. I doubt even Jonathan expected this scale of reaction. I certainly didn't, especially after the elections were widely praised as free and fair.

A million people (unconfirmed) would come out because of the inability and incompetence of Nigerian leaders (of which the current president is one) in dealing with carnage on the streets. There were several incidents in Jos last year and none was dealt with decisively. The buck stops with the C-in-C. What kind of message does that send to would be rioters?
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by EzeUche3(m): 2:07am On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

A million people (unconfirmed) would come out because of the inability and incompetence of Nigerian leaders (of which the current president is one) in dealing with carnage on the streets. There were several incidents in Jos last year and none was dealt with decisively. The buck stops with the C-in-C. What kind of message does that send to would be rioters?

I am sorry but I am getting tired of this excuse. Did they come out when Yar'Adua was put in power? We did not hear a word from the North, even though that election was clearly rigged. The blame stops at Buhari.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by ektbear: 2:18am On Apr 22, 2011
Those who rigged equally have blood on their hands.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Apr 22, 2011
^^
So, this is the first time presidential elections are rigged in Nigeria.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by jmaine: 2:21am On Apr 22, 2011
Buhari is a blood thirsty tyrant and his supporters share and endorses his violent disposition . . .so it shouldn't surprise people that they are backing up their boss.

ekt_bear:

Those who rigged equally have blood on their hands.

Guess the NYSC lad who got killed in Bauchi simply because he resisted rigging from the CPC mob was working for the PDP . . .you can say something better . .
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by ektbear: 2:31am On Apr 22, 2011
I want you two above to be honest.

If you were your typical Northern aboki right now, who believes that his candidate (Buhari) won and was cheated out if a victory, how would you respond? (Like, at this point, I don't think any honest and unbiased person will not claim that the powers that be did not rig massively in the SS and SE.)

How would you feel? And if you act on your feelings violently, yes, you'd be in the wrong. But aren't those who rigged what should have been a free-and-fair election also in the wrong?

GEJ probably could have beaten Buhari in my opinion with no rigging. WTF did he do it? It makes no sense to me. I don't get it. Why? Why spoil what should have been a nice, clean win?

Let us put it this way. If GEJ rigs in the SW this upcoming gubernatorial election like he did in the SS and SE, there will be chaos in the SW too. If Fashola (for example) runs against him in four years and is rigged out in the same manner, there will be chaos.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Onlytruth(m): 2:35am On Apr 22, 2011
^^
Nothing can rationalize Buharis threat BEFORE the election. He wanted people to protect their vote when we have the police and INEC.
Fact is that he was deliberately incendiary in his comments. . . and when he lost, it was as simple as striking a match in a room of explosive gas.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by jmaine: 2:39am On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

I want you two above to be honest.

If you were your typical Northern aboki right now, who believes that his candidate (Buhari) won and was cheated out if a victory, how would you respond? (Like, at this point, I don't think any honest and unbiased person will not claim that the powers that be did not rig massively in the SS and SE.)

How would you feel? And if you act on your feelings violently, yes, you'd be in the wrong. But aren't those who rigged what should have been a free-and-fair election also in the wrong?

GEJ probably could have beaten Buhari in my opinion with no rigging. WTF did he do it? It makes no sense to me. I don't get it. Why? Why spoil what should have been a nice, clean win?

Let us put it this way. If GEJ rigs in the SW this upcoming gubernatorial election like he did in the SS and SE, there will be chaos in the SW too. If Fashola (for example) runs against him in four years and is rigged out in the same manner, there will be chaos.

I won't protest violently, talkless of attacking innocent citizens and killing them . .that was way too barbaric and this recipe was laid down down during the CPC campaign trail and utterances that felt victory was assured anything short of that was impossible hence Bakare boasting about the " Wild wild North" if they lost since it was falsely embedded in their psychic that they can never lose despite not working or strategizing hard

Now your own question . .Did the CPC rig the election . .Did the CPC intimidate the electoral officers so that they can rig . .and why were those who tried to resist to some extent killed
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Nadanbata: 2:41am On Apr 22, 2011
I dey laugh @ the people who think the Million + or so that protested where sent out by CPC. Keep lying to yourself.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by ektbear: 2:45am On Apr 22, 2011
jmaine:

I won't protest violently, talkless of attacking innocent citizens and killing them . .that was way too barbaric and this recipe was laid down down during the CPC campaign trail and utterances that felt victory was assured anything short of that was impossible .
There will be violence in the SW Tuesday if GEJ rigs like he did in the SS and SE. I'm not making threats or anything, but just making a prediction. I have no clue how you guys in the SE will handle things when Ohakim is rigged in btw, but I know how angry we will be in the SW.

Now your own question . .Did the CPC rig the election . .Did the CPC intimidate the electoral officers so that they can rig . .and why were those who tried to resist to some extent killed
I strongly suspect that there was rigging in the North too. Maybe you misunderstand me. . . I am condemning both. Not excusing Tom for committing the same crime I jailed Jack for.

I want both sides investigated, and the truth to come out. For example. . . I'd like to actually know who won this past election. Right now, it isn't clear. I'm guessing GEJ, but cannot be sure.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by EzeUche3(m): 2:49am On Apr 22, 2011
If there was rigging in the South, did you see the people of the South kill innocent bystanders? The answer is NO.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by jmaine: 2:59am On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

There will be violence in the SW Tuesday if GEJ rigs like he did in the SS and SE. I'm not making threats or anything, but just making a prediction. I have no clue how you guys in the SE will handle things when Ohakim is rigged in btw, but I know how angry we will be in the SW.

I am from the SW and reside in the SW, though am not sympathetic to the ACN cause cos they are just lesser version of the PDP . .People like Fashola are giving us a reason to even appreciate the party,though Tinubu is trying to snuff the goodwill and determination out of the man for some selfish reasons . . Whatever happens on the 26th of April. .the worst you can see is a bloody fight between party hoodlums cos the ACN and the PDP do have hoodlums they cater for acting as enforcers in whatever form they are competitors . .But you will never see them go after Igbos, SS and other ethnic people talkless of attacking corpers and burning shops . .the fight begins and ends with both party hoodlums exchanging firepower . .only civilian casualty might be people caught in the cross fire . .

What if Ohakim wins fair and square . . .would you also call it rigging ?
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by ektbear: 3:06am On Apr 22, 2011
@jmaine:
Fair enough. You are right. I'm not trying to appear as a Northern apologist. . . from my posting history, you'd probably know I don't particularly like them. I can see why you blame Buhari alone. But personally, I think that both those who incited and those who rigged have blood on their hands.

Regarding Ohakim. . . heh. OK, let's wait til Tuesday, see what happens. Makes more sense to discuss that bridge once we've crossed it.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by dayokanu(m): 3:14am On Apr 22, 2011
For those that were old enough, There were violent riots in the SW when we felt MKO ABiola was cheated of his mandate.

The buck stops at the C-in-C table, Seeing the way he has handled Abuja bombing, Jos crisis, even waited for Aba kidnapping to degenrate before acting then we know on whose hands the blood of the innocent youths are.

Everyone in the country knew there were potential flashpoints after release of election results, what did our C-in-C do about it.

Should we wait until things get out of hand before our constitutional president react? Abuja, Minna, Aba riots, Jos etc come to mind
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Rossikk(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2011
After Yar'Adua got rigged in in 2007, how many northerners were hunted down and killed in the south?

Not one!
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by efisher(m): 6:21am On Apr 22, 2011
CPC rigged as well so why is Buhari not a target? "Lynch those who rig" or "Protect your votes" was what we heard but those almajiris heard "lynch PDP supporters, Christians and southerners!"
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Dave6: 6:58am On Apr 22, 2011
There is no rational excuse whatsoever why innocent citizens should be attacked and killed, Churches burnt, homes burnt, even Corpers targetted and killed just because one buhari lost an election.
This loser made sure he was very vocal when making incitements that led to this carnage.

He and his cohorts shall surely pay for this!

As for those who want to be antiPDP or antiGEJ, pls it's better to be silent than type senseless excuses or arguments here!
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Mariory(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Last entry of Ukeoma Aikfavour - Murdered by Buhari's dogs.
Na wao! This CPC suporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcing underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the remaining ballot paper to thiumb print. Thank God for the police and am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps members who stood despite these threats esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=655614177&sk=wall
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by karlmax2: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2011
For those fools who lay blame on PDP for all the problems of nigeria!! Here is my question for u fools and ur answer better be PDP or keep ur ignorant opinion to ur self.

From 1983 to 1993 were facing all the problems we are facing now? How come PDP is bad because a minority won a free and fair election in the internal democracy of the party and also the presidential election now pdp is bad if ur state is not doing well blame it on ur govt'ment in ur state go and tell the. People of rivers,cross rivers,akwa ibom,enugu state that can march ur so called ur overhyped lagos with infrastuctures provided by this state goverment to vote out PDP. And vote for systematic Godfatherism party Asiwaju Company of Nigeria(ACN
) Or an islamist fundamentalist party ran by another God father BUHARI (CPC)? Hate it or love it PDP is the only national party in nigeria that is not controlled by local champions. Am waiting for them to continue there losing streak in the COURT
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2011
If not that Mr President is so cool headed like an elder should be, by now Buhari and Bakare should be with the SSS explaining what they know about the violence.

It is a very big shame.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
I think that the fact that Buhari can get 12m votes in 2011 Nigeria is troubling to say the least.
Re: Who Voted For This Man? by Dede1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
If Nigeria society is not dysfunctional to the point of animalistic tendencies, there should not have been a riot after the election. One should thread very carefully while apportioning blames to the principals during Nigerian presidential election.

If the incumbent had ordered for tight security during and after the election, such move would have been interpreted by the opponents as a brazen machination to intimidate voters and a sure form to rig the election. 

I must also say that it is out of character for presidential candidates to speak repeatedly about the need for people to riot if the election was rigged during the electioneering campaign. It is a culpable behavior for presidential candidates to indulge in silly and incendiary speeches to crowds that are not capable of sieving the seeds from the chaff.

The riot in the northern region of Nigeria since the conclusion of the presidential election is an aberration and condemnable too. It reeks of tribal agenda devoid of any patriotic pattern. When Yar Adua won the election amidst the worst rigging in the history of electoral contest in Nigeria, the ethnic bigots in the northern region of Nigeria did not see fit to engage in wanton destruction of lives and properties.

In fact, sometimes the truth must be said about the state of the colonial contraption called Nigeria. If most southern Nigerians were able to see the vision Biafrans saw in 1966, this despicable south-north socio-political dichotomy should have been avoided.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Rail Project Takes Off In 2012 – Fashola / Finally He Has Been Caught / Seun,is Afam Still A Moderator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.