Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years (5774 Views)

Certificates: If You Still Have These 2 Things Intact, You're Indeed A Keeper / I Want To Barb My Hair — Is It Correct? / "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by johntheguru(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2021
*Dead Thousands of Years ago, but her hair is intact

Tiye or Tiy an Egyptian queen and was born C. I400 BCE IPU, in Egypt but died C. 1340. She became the favoured wife of the great warrior, Amenhotep III the Ruler of Egypt. Tiye was the daughter of Yuya, the commander of the Egyptian charity and overseer of the cattle of the god min. Her mother, Thuya, was an Egyptian too.

Amenhotep III was a powerful King of the 18th dynasty, who gave her considerable prominence in state affairs and public ceremonies, having her name appeared with the King's on officials documents. Their reign lasted from 1390-53 BCE for nearly four decades. They ruled together over a time of peace and prosperity and their reign was marked one of the best in the ancient Egypt.

Tiye, at least according to a prominent school of thought holds that she was a great woman of fortitude and determination. Her reign brought triumphing triumphant in their lasted years of rulership. Even after the dead of her husband, she was a great sway in the states political affairs.

WHY HER HAIR IS STILL INTACT?

The skeleton of Tiye that has lived over 3,000 years ago was discovered in a tomb. It was found on discovery that her hair is still intact. Famous archeologist Zahi Hawas said that she was described as the owner of the best hair in the ancient pharaonic civilization, and she was constantly taking care of her hair. History recorded it that, she was a woman of beauty and fashion. Her hair was preserved and taking care of with animal fats. To counter baldness oil from crocodile, hippopotamus, goat, snakes, and even lions were used to care for their hair then. They also used hair oil with animal bloods in them, believing it could darken graying hair - they thought the dark pigment from blood will transfer hair when boiled with their oils. It's important to note that the hair is one of the parts that are not subjected to significant damage after death. Additionally, Tiye was obsessed with her hair; it was given more attention during the embalming process, which helped preserved it and keep it almost as it is.

Source:
https://www.ebirobert.com/2021/04/history-tiye-beautiful-egyptian-queen.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by hslbroker2(m): 8:47am On Apr 23, 2021
she will be in heaven or in hell now.
humans are nothing but dust.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by xpressionx(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2021
auction her hair,Nigerian slay queens will buy it

22 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by iampeterben(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2021
Egypt and keeping of ancient archives they are number 1 in that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Acjohn(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2021
That look like a black woman to me

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Manq(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2021
The mummy! Stay away! Leave the dead alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by christejames(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2021
All these Egyptian legends and fables sef...

Make I no too talk, unfortunately, our own country is still being managed by inept gerontological induced individuals that could barely preserve the relics of the NOK culture and other ancient civilization across the country, only interested in the now but not the future.

Like a true seer, I foresee archeologist in about a century unraveling the mystery surrounding a present despot hounding the country, trying to know why even 'death' is scared of visiting him.

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by longetivity(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2021
hslbroker2:

who asked u shocked
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by hslbroker2(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2021
longetivity:
who asked u shocked
no vex, my opinion

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by zoeA: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2021
If this so-called slay Queens should see this and know how they would look like in 3k years...them for calm down with shaking of yansh
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by bestabigaelever(f): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2021
zoeA:
If this so-called slay Queens should see this and know how they would look like in 3k years...them for calm down with shaking of yansh
Are you saying not shaking of yansh will make slay queens more beautiful in 3k years?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2021
hslbroker2:

What if heaven or hell is not real?

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by ChiefSosa(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2021
Slay queens:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by AngelicDamsel(f): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Africa played a key role in all the catalystic series of events that brought about modern change, towards the betterment of humanity.

Egypt was ahead of her times.

Just like a teacher who doesn't get her proper recognition, Africa's ancient wealth and wisdom have been instrumental in the civilization we now credit the west for.

The power centres know this, reason why every emergence of a world power can be traced to their exploitation of Africa's resources. See China!

We own a well yet we thirst for water. God help us!

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by decub: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2021
3,000 years? These guys can preserve anything!
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by aristocratic5(m): 10:32am On Apr 23, 2021
Noted
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Gosj001: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2021
3,000 years!?

I still sell affordable Laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by LikeAking: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2021
How you take know say she beautiful?

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Nickymezor(f): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2021
Scary
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by chidieberesk3(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2021
I don't believe it see her skull laaa, The hair should have pulled out with the flesh.... No preservative can sustain a corpse for that long looking like this..... It's either editing or someone else.
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Alejobs: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Amazing!
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by sunshineV(f): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
lol she's older than the christian world

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by wiseone28: 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Let the dead rest

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by merieam16(f): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
LikeAking:
How you take know say she beautiful?
becos she's a queen,in fairytale queens are always beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by spartacuzz(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
Tiye or Tiy an Egyptian queen and was born C. I400 BCE IPU, in Egypt but died C. 1340.

op, i dont understand o. (1) born c. 1400 (2) died c. 1340

kindly expanciate

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?

Nothing lasts forever. Give your lifes to Christ now brethren. Tomorrow may be too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by TruthHurts1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
I hope all those afrocentrists who argue blindly that EVERYONE in ancient Egypt was black can see this. Ancient Egypt was multicultural. Several different ethnic and racial groups lived in it at all times, not just blacks.
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by mytime24(f): 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
B
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by free2ryhme: 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
johntheguru:
*Dead Thousands of Years ago, but her hair is intact

Tiye or Tiy an Egyptian queen and was born C. I400 BCE IPU, in Egypt but died C. 1340. She became the favoured wife of the great warrior, Amenhotep III the Ruler of Egypt. Tiye was the daughter of Yuya, the commander of the Egyptian charity and overseer of the cattle of the god min. Her mother, Thuya, was an Egyptian too.

Amenhotep III was a powerful King of the 18th dynasty, who gave her considerable prominence in state affairs and public ceremonies, having her name appeared with the King's on officials documents. Their reign lasted from 1390-53 BCE for nearly four decades. They ruled together over a time of peace and prosperity and their reign was marked one of the best in the ancient Egypt.

Tiye, at least according to a prominent school of thought holds that she was a great woman of fortitude and determination. Her reign brought triumphing triumphant in their lasted years of rulership. Even after the dead of her husband, she was a great sway in the states political affairs.

WHY HER HAIR IS STILL INTACT?

The skeleton of Tiye that has lived over 3,000 years ago was discovered in a tomb. It was found on discovery that her hair is still intact. Famous archeologist Zahi Hawas said that she was described as the owner of the best hair in the ancient pharaonic civilization, and she was constantly taking care of her hair. History recorded it that, she was a woman of beauty and fashion. Her hair was preserved and taking care of with animal fats. To counter baldness oil from crocodile, hippopotamus, goat, snakes, and even lions were used to care for their hair then. They also used hair oil with animal bloods in them, believing it could darken graying hair - they thought the dark pigment from blood will transfer hair when boiled with their oils. It's important to note that the hair is one of the parts that are not subjected to significant damage after death. Additionally, Tiye was obsessed with her hair; it was given more attention during the embalming process, which helped preserved it and keep it almost as it is.

Source:
https://www.ebirobert.com/2021/04/history-tiye-beautiful-egyptian-queen.html?m=1
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by BigYash: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
zoeA:
3k years too far na. If I they see some of them these days ,I dey look beyond make up and their clothes. I dey look their old age. Most especially those ones wen bleaching cream don injure. How them go look like at 60.
Re: The Beautiful Egyptian Queen Whose Hair Is Still Intact Over 3,000 Years by Harrykn: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
Maybe nah follow come bone straight hair be that, lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ilaro Poly 2009/2010 / Application Into National Institute Of Construction Technology Uromi / UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.