Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers (1780 Views)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / PHOTOS: Doctors Treat 19 Striking Health Workers Involved In Motor Accident / Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers by samuelpeters(m): 12:04am On Apr 24, 2021
Godmademan:
We are in for a protracted crisis in the health sector. The senior doctors are even having it tough at the moment cos they have to do tasks ordinarily covered by house officers. With implementation of this act, we'll have less number of house officers as many will move abroad. Meaning senior doctors will have even more workload. This will not be a fight for just HOs. Senior doctors will be involved. Patients will bear the brunt cos I see strike actions dragging for months, like the ASUU type strikes
Very true.
It's not about health politics.
NMA and JOHESU need to join hands and drop this Nonsense!
The thought that a Doctor actually approved this(if the circular is true cos I can see that the coat of arms is not straight) is really appalling.

©️2021.
Re: Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers by Godmademan(m): 3:21am On Apr 24, 2021
samuelpeters:

Very true.
It's not about health politics.
NMA and JOHESU need to join hands and drop this Nonsense!
The thought that a Doctor actually approved this(if the circular is true cos I can see that the coat of arms is not straight) is really appalling.

©️2021.
I have seen the whole document containing other service memos. It's most likely true. We'll just tag along as the crisis unfolds. 8 years of training, then one is expected to do free community service of 2 years. It ain't happening...mba
Re: Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers by Dwanye(m): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2021
In every other sane country. You even earn while as a medical student. Kenya pays an equivalent of 1milliin naira to medical interns. The government have failed us once again. And the citizens expect the best service from an under paid doctor working in an under equipped health sector that's even under staffed? That's just madness. The citizen would be left to suffer the burden of this decision. So when a relative dies because of negligence, you'll understand the magnitude of this very step taken by the FG that's celebrated by you, maybe because of jealousy and hatred for profession.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2021
seunmsg:

The headline is false. There is nothing in the circular that says interns won’t be paid again. The circular clearly stated that salaries and wages commission will determine their allowances.
you think the government will pay them for calls?

Look at NYSC!!
Re: Breaking!! Federal Government To Stop Paying INTERN HEALTH Workers by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
they were hitherto paid about 130k for intern pharmacists which I am aware of. I don’t know what civil service grade level that is. But this new development which states that they are still under learning and do not merit to be enlisted into the civil service wage scale, means the earlier salary will be abolished and tokens be giving to them on monthly basis since what they are doing is part of learning. In that case doctors and pharmacists and their likes will only attract good pay after completing their nysc and have become fully fledged health practitioners, no more handsome pays during interns or housemanships
after medical school. You are already a fully fledged health professional

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Devastating Facts We All Wish Were Not True! In Men's Health-for Men Alone / Is It Ok For A 7yr Old To Be "this Fat" / I Want To Regain My Lost Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.