Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? (8087 Views)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by RuddyFusion(m): 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
You can and LinkedIn preferably
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by kunle75(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kingcredo:

I will love to learn these IT skills, Sir. But the problems is, I don't have a laptop. And I am also managing a low budget smartphone.

I don't think you necessarily need a laptop to start an acquisition of an IT skills but rather interest and laptop later.
I start from an internet Cafe in 2005 cos at a time i don't have the means to get any computer,and now I can tell you am not where I want to be yet but not where I was then.
My penny

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by charlesucheh(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kingcredo:
I recently finished my final undergraduate exams and staying idle will not be a good decision for me. Now, I am having this particular person on my social network, who is a school owner. I am thinking of contacting him to consider me for a role.
Please will this be a good decision?
Why not.

A trial will clear your doubt.

shebi this is Nigeria.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by adeoba2008(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kingcredo:

I will love to learn these IT skills, Sir. But the problems is, I don't have a laptop. And I am also managing a low budget smartphone.
You can learn some IT skills with your Android phone.
Visit www.cehnigeria.com and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by ugopeter(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Please go for it and shoot your shot...you have nothing to lose.

I shot my shot and it worked for me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by alizma: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
We dey ask people wey no be employer how much more person wey im job na to employ? Have you ever heard the saying, no harm in trying?
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by femi4: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kingcredo:
I recently finished my final undergraduate exams and staying idle will not be a good decision for me. Now, I am having this particular person on my social network, who is a school owner. I am thinking of contacting him to consider me for a role.
When it comes to job in this part of the world. No format fits all. I ve seen people gotten a job after meeting their helper in unusual places.

Go ahead, and impress him. You have nothing to lose
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kingcredo:
We live in a world of possibilities.. And with the internet things are easier. So put ur doubts one side and fire that shot. What's the worst that can happen?
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
Uncle, shoot your shot. Your forefathers were renowned hunters. You can't miss

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by ceejayluv(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
Shoot your shot
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by OceanEye: 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
I once got a job interview by sending text message to the director. Yes you can do and it's recommended.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Lilphat: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
No
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by adonaimart(m): 11:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
Prepare well
Go along with an updated resume or CV.
Your thought process is how to provide value.
Remember the main thing; your salary. Ask around concerning salary range. You are worth what you take home; so negotiate well.
Good luck.
Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by EbenezerTriumph: 12:14am On Apr 25, 2021
librangyps:
I once wrote to a potential employer via Facebook after he accepted my friend request.

I sent a message detailing my profile (sound profile o) and asking if I could intern... No response.

After a year, I got message notification from him... na so I rush open... na birthday wish... he sent me a happy birthday message and you could see the date on the last message I sent him.

We rude for this country sha
if na me i for blast am

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by beehivedata(m): 12:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Try first and give us feedback.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by MoIbrahim: 4:23am On Apr 25, 2021
It depends on the job, the proprietor, their availability, etc. My advice is that you tr to use the handle to secure an appointment or invitation for an interview or discussion that would lead to your appointment.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Fanuchi007: 4:26am On Apr 25, 2021
Na naija we dai. even if u use bush road as long as u get 2 ur destination; all na way. if e chock, give am CV even inside church cos sice days of Noah; d kingdom of heaven suffered violence...... no b today matters don de chock
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Map1(m): 4:59am On Apr 25, 2021
librangyps:
I once wrote to a potential employer via Facebook after he accepted my friend request.

I sent a message detailing my profile (sound profile o) and asking if I could intern... No response.

After a year, I got message notification from him... na so I rush open... na birthday wish... he sent me a happy birthday message and you could see the date on the last message I sent him.

We rude for this country sha
Don't term the person Rude, if what you put down here is what you sent to him/her, then you don't deserve a reply,if someone says to you,am a recent graduate what does that mean to you?
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Starz825(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2021
Skyfornia:
No rules...see forget what anybody tell you about method of applying for a job..or how to write a fancy CV or cover letter in order to secure a job.

All you need is a calculated boldness and you will get yourself any job.

The last organization I worked with before I started my own business...I remembered when they sent me mail for interview and I boldly replied them I'd prefer an online interview, stating my reasons, they accepted my terms and I later got the job.

what were your reasons?
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by DeFixer: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Olibboy: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
DestroyEvil:
I pity people like you!!! Some years ago during the time of Success Digest era, na so one guy called Anthony did advert that he would train people to make Millions through Google AdSense (was still hotcake then). He lures them to gay Cyber Cafe at Ajegunle where only gays do all-night Browsing. All that entered the trap were raped during the overnight browsing. I entered the Trap but sensed when normal people started hurrying out around 11:00pm because they lock the Compound gate by 11:30 till following morning. Also, all the monitors displayed gay men having sex. Some fools would still pretend to be wiser than God and chill there, immediately told Anthony that I wanted to by Malaria drugs opposite. He so frantically persuaded that I don't need medicine, till he later followed me in the name of helping to choose the best. On getting there I told him if he doesn't disappear from my front I'll kill him. He didn't even argue.
This one tough
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Cousin9999: 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Bad idea.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by CapitalBank: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2021
DestroyEvil:
I pity people like you!!! Some years ago during the time of Success Digest era, na so one guy called Anthony did advert that he would train people to make Millions through Google AdSense (was still hotcake then). He lures them to gay Cyber Cafe at Ajegunle where only gays do all-night Browsing. All that entered the trap were raped during the overnight browsing. I entered the Trap but sensed when normal people started hurrying out around 11:00pm because they lock the Compound gate by 11:30 till following morning. Also, all the monitors displayed gay men having sex. Some fools would still pretend to be wiser than God and chill there, immediately told Anthony that I wanted to by Malaria drugs opposite. He so frantically persuaded that I don't need medicine, till he later followed me in the name of helping to choose the best. On getting there I told him if he doesn't disappear from my front I'll kill him. He didn't even argue.
guy chill... me, give person money to invest for me? lmaooo bros, I know b newbie for all this... I do receive funds in BTC but I want check something. so u be success digest product?

Thanks for ur concern though. It shows you care about people's safety. I also do give people this your advice on here.

me no dey give people money to invest for me o and I hardly spend money to buy one course of the other. as a matter of fact, I have given so much to people to the point that I get some information for free without paying.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by tunapawizzy: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kingcredo:
The world today is so unconventional, norms no longer exist, shoot your shot.... Be different from others that will follow the conventional means to apply, stand out from the crowd.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Honeypot62(m): 1:28am On May 17, 2021
Kingcredo:

You don't need a laptop, all you need is your phone. Drop your contact so we can contact.
Re: Can I Use A Proprietor's Social Handle To Seek For Job? by Kingcredo(m): 11:29am On May 24, 2021
Honeypot62:

You don't need a laptop, all you need is your phone. Drop your contact so we can contact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force Is Recruiting / Interview Invitation At Stresert Limited / Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) International Latest Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.