Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack (70504 Views)

MNJTF Neutralises Insurgents In Babangida, Yobe. Recovers Weapons / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Civilians Flee Homes As Troops Battle Insurgents In Marte, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Shukushaka: 2:44am On Apr 25, 2021
One dead body,no destroyed properties,army uniforms & guns displayed. Beside the dead body I don't believe anything on that news lol. Two lanky guys arrested, so the unit commander get those slim guys as body guards? Perhaps the dude was ambushed and killed that body doesn't seem like a body that witnessed gun battle. Believing our naija brothers in uniform is like believing in 72 virgins in the after life.

5 Likes

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by ismodiwa(m): 3:58am On Apr 25, 2021
Your jazz betray you abi?
Terrorist

1 Like

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by temitope27(m): 6:26am On Apr 25, 2021
shey na the people wey wan face army be this ordinary police don dey kill dem
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Kreme(m): 6:39am On Apr 25, 2021
amuwo1980:

My father is dead but every Boko haramist from you to buhari will die , militant Islam is finished.
your father will not rest in peace I'm a yoruba and a traditionalist at that and I have no ties whatsoever with the terrorist group you mentioned... Blame Boko haram for killing your father
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by 9jaRealist: 7:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State.

The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly.

The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group.

He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

All those “charms” he was wearing didn’t work? grin
>

1 Like

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Willie007: 7:01am On Apr 25, 2021
Princewell2012:

Hmm I didn't support any evil in anyway. But this juju vest does not belong to the igbos that's Yoruba charm vest, 2 with that kind of sophiscated weapons I saw there how come they did not fight back and even if they would kill any one there it should be one of the gang and not the leader. It is very hard to kill a gang leader. otherwise it means you have almost killed all of them.

9ja police and their lies, no be today e start.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by afadi2410: 7:32am On Apr 25, 2021
Its an ambush , even the biggest Juju will fail if you are taken while asleep in the night unprepared [/quote].

Prepared or not,juju go fail you one day
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by sirwhyteB(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2021
Hmmmm
Shebi na so dem take kill Shekaru 5 times still dsame Shekaru still dey do Boko Haram videos dey post up till now.

Very confused government with zombie military and paramilitaries
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by eluifranklin(m): 7:54am On Apr 25, 2021
kingthreat:

If they are fighting for your freedom, why not join them?
Go and join your beloved by or herdmen or ISWAP and fight na
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by kingthreat(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2021
eluifranklin:

Go and join your beloved by or herdmen or ISWAP and fight na

They are not my beloved. I never supported killers. Make a point please
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Winnerforever: 9:36am On Apr 25, 2021
sreamsense:

Olodo! IPOB sympathiser! You are behind your keyboard talking rubbish. Go and make yourself a sacrificial lamb for us to understand what you are saying. Stop being digital fighter behind your keyboard, go and join ESN/IPOB and show us your live video while going to attack army so we can belief you are fighter. You better get sense by force before you become a wasted sperm. Kanu is enjoying himself while you are ruining your own life based on his rubbish ideology.

Hello fool, yes I am an IPOB sympathiser.

Runing my own life ? grin

If you were a student of history ( I would be surprised if you read at all ), it would immediately come to your notice that great revolutionaries of old, operated from exile to ensure they could run the machinery of their struggle with total focus.

Meanwhile your great army ( LMAO ) , with their tanks and helicopters suffered heavy losses capturing the leader of a rag tag outfit grin. Shamless cowards.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Basher8583: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2021
Whiteangel1234:

It will only get worst Bros .

Boko Haram got worst when Their leader was killed and paraded

Wrong. They got worse because of illicit funding from politicians to distabilize the country
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Imole50: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
with all your charms.Hmmmm! Jesus is the way and the light

1 Like

Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by sreamsense: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
Winnerforever:

Hello fool, yes I am an IPOB sympathiser.

Runing my own life ? grin

If you were a student of history ( I would be surprised if you read at all ), it would immediately come to your notice that great revolutionaries of old, operated from exile to ensure they could run the machinery of their struggle with total focus.

Meanwhile your great army ( LMAO ) , with their tanks and helicopters suffered heavy losses capturing the leader of a rag tag outfit grin. Shamless cowards.
Running your own life in a foolish and senseless manners indeed! No wonder why you are too dull! You are drawing your knowledge and tactics from conventional war history when there was no Facebook, Twitter and even viable mobile communication gardget to fight 21st century war. Little wonder why your ESN/IPOB deputy commander was deleted cheaply even when war has not started.

Using old history and tactic to fight contemporary smart war is just like going on fast lane to commit suicide. Stop, sympathizing with ESN/IPOB from your remote virtual location. Mere talking rubbish will not win war, go and join ESN/IPOB to face Nigeria army and bid yourself bye bye to unknown destination. Your commander has died cheaply in devilish attire with charms to face his maker. What a disgusting way to die !
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Businessman1986(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
shocked

Police bullet don naked am, while Kanu flex in UK

Instead of ESN to go and beg the great Sunday Igboho to train them and give them[b] jazz[/b]

Well both ESN and Police have scores to settle, so nothing concerns civilians

Are you a Muslim? A Muslim does not rely on idolatrous JAZZ.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Winnerforever: 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
sreamsense:

No wonder why you are too dull! You are drawing your knowledge and tactics from conventional war history when there was no Facebook, Twitter and even viable mobile communication gardget to fight 21st century war. No wonder, your ESN/IPOB deputy commander is been deleted cheaply even when war has not started.

Using old history and tactic to fight contemporary smart war is just like going on fast lane to commit suicide. Stop, sympathizing with ESN/IPOB from your remote virtual location. Mere talking rubbish will not win war, go and join ESN/IPOB to face Nigeria army and bid yourself bye bye to unknown destination. Your commander has died cheaply in devilish attire with charms to face his maker. What a disgusting way to die !

With all the intelligence your great army possessed and their use of a surprise armbush , they still lost a 'gallant' office and many soldiers to capture one 'miscreant' and his group of 'nobodies' ?? cheesy

I laugh at you.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Buksaylor: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State.

The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly.

The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group.

He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-we-have-killed-commander-of-insurgents-police-sources-claim-graphic/

Such can be done in the north too.....
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by 22brains(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
I heard four Nigeria force men went down with him. When an iroko tree falls, it takes down with it, sub trees.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by John4B: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
why would some people sold their soul to the devil? I weep uncontrollably for this country.
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by amuwo1980: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kreme:
your father will not rest in peace I'm a yoruba and a traditionalist at that and I have no ties whatsoever with the terrorist group you mentioned... Blame Boko haram for killing your father
My father is resting in the bosom of the lord but you will go like ur fellow anti humanist. I don’t care ur tribe
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Myer(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
Coldshisha:
shocked

Police bullet don naked am, while Kanu flex in UK

Instead of ESN to go and beg the great Sunday Igboho to train them and give them jazz

Well both ESN and Police have scores to settle, so nothing concerns civilians

You mean they dropped him easily with all that Igbo jazz he's wearing? shocked
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by justtoodark: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
When will our military go in fierce battle with Boko haram and kill shekau undecided undecided

what a silly question....

maybe he is not even in nigeria sef....

should we invade all neighborin countries just to hunt down shekau....??
boko haram is not just only a nigerian issue....
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Emeraldgreene(f): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2021
[Just shut up...never say what you don't know....u believe lies Nigerian govt tell on media and newspapers?? Let me shock you,I didn't want to say this,It's coming from a very high profile source.

The burning of police station was done by Nigerian govt.
1.The north is being damaged by insecurity,there was only peace in Southern region of Nigeria.So they came against southern region to create destruction and chaos,so South won't have peace,and investors,foreigners and international community will also see South as dangerous, run away from South and not invest in it.So South will not benefit.as North is on fire, south will not have peace and suffer too.

2.To use the chaos they created to destroy ESN by making Esn look like they ATTACKED the police station,hence the need to kill/destroy /fluah out/ eliminate ESN.

mbprofileuotehor=RMoneyInTheBank post=101085234]At first, they said they were protecting their forest from killer herdsmen... And it was kind of cool...not until they started attacking security personnel and facilities ... I just hope the new security outfit created by the south east governors will be able to tackle the activities of killer herdsmen and kidnappers

And as for IPOB, no sane human will support their recent activities against security personnel [/quote]
Re: Police Kills Ikonso, Commander Of IPOB Insurgents In Imo Attack by Winnerforever: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2021
sreamsense:

Running your own life in a foolish and senseless manners indeed! No wonder why you are too dull! You are drawing your knowledge and tactics from conventional war history when there was no Facebook, Twitter and even viable mobile communication gardget to fight 21st century war. Little wonder why your ESN/IPOB deputy commander was deleted cheaply even when war has not started.

The Nigerian Army do not have the motivation to fight freedom fighters. They will be wiped out in no time. Go and borrow a brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi As Best Man To Celestine Omehia During Wedding (Throwback Photo) / Photos Of Hauwa Suntai And Her Younger Husband, Ahmed Jarman / Stop Using Me For Comedy, Buhari Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.