Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case (224 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / Busola Dakolo Gives Update On Her Rape Case Against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
So my neighbour's daughter has a boyfriend and they have been dating for about 2 years now and they are sexually active with each other.
They are in the same department, class, and university so in everyone's eyes it seems like a cute and ideal relationship.
The main problem arose when the daughter's father walked in on them having sex and beat the boy up and threatened to take him to jail for statutory rape. The wahala is that although they were born in the same year, the boy's birthday is like 9 months before hers so when the dad walked in on them, he was 18 and she was 17.
we have been begging the man since and even his own daughter has been crying and begging that she knew what she was doing and she even pushed for them to have sex that faithful day. Her dad has alot of money and status so it looks very bleak for the boy. The boy has now attempted suicide like twice out of depression and fear.
My coworker who studied law said it is unlikely that judges will prosecute statutory rape cases where the age is very close (such as this one) and even cited the age of consent being 16 according to Section 221 of the criminal code (but this differs from Child's right act which says 18).
Please what can we do to convince the man to drop the case?? They have even broken up thinking the father will calm down a bit but he is not listening.
Re: Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by lordcabasa(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
W
Re: Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by Otori123(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
Your co-worker may not be telling the truth. I am not sure if he is a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by nedekid: 12:23am On Apr 25, 2021
Next time before you chook a girl op, make sure she is above 18. (unless don't get caught).
Your girl friend is a minor while you are an adult.
The father walked in, so it is fair to assume you were chooking her in his house. Ie disrespect. You are lucky you were not shot or macheted.
I will advice the father to pursue the case to a logical conclusion.
When you grow up and have a daughter of that age what will you do?
Re: Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 25, 2021
the law can be unfair especially on men. If it is my daughter, I will dig deeper and advice her to know what she is doing. After all, they had been dating for about 2 years. Would you not rather have your daughter be sexually active with an adult who is only a year older and happens to be her boyfriend than her clock 18 and one 53 year old dey carry her go hotel immediately?
nedekid:
Next time before you chook a girl op, make sure she is above 18. (unless don't get caught).
Your girl friend is a minor while you are an adult.
The father walked in, so it is fair to assume you were chooking her in his house. Ie disrespect. You are lucky you were not shot or macheted.
I will advice the father to pursue the case to a logical conclusion.
When you grow up and have a daughter of that age what will you do?
Re: Lawyers And Nigerians' Advice/suggestions Needed For Statutory Rape Case by nedekid: 6:49am On Apr 25, 2021
babaoclin:
the law can be unfair especially on men. If it is my daughter, I will dig deeper and advice her to know what she is doing. After all, they had been dating for about 2 years. Would you not rather have your daughter be sexually active with an adult who is only a year older and happens to be her boyfriend than her clock 18 and one 53 year old dey carry her go hotel immediately?
I wount prefare either of the above. Her mate or 50 year old.
As any parent will expect (and pray that is what happens), you want the child to go through the normal going to school without any drama and getting married at the right age. I believe that is every Father's prayer. I hope for that.

(1) (Reply)

Abiastate University Students Kidnapped Along Okigwe-uturu Express Way / Man Banished From Community For 20 Years After Murder Allegations / Insecurity: PDP Youth Leader Assassinated, House Burnt, Vehicles Vandalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.