Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,681 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? (686 Views)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Court Orders That Alleged Nyanya Bombers Be Tried In Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by adctrl: 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Only in a country like Nigeria will people not look beyond ethnic and religious divisions to put right what is wrong. With the level of violence in the northern part of the country, considering the damage to public and private properties and most regrettably the lives that were lost, I am of the opinion that Buhari should be made to face the music. He cannot be excused for the part he played to make sure there was violence if the result has not gone his way and only God knows what gave him the conviction or assurance that he was going to win anyway.

I know trying him is virtually impossible because for the kind of country Nigeria is, people will cry foul that it is because he is a northerner and I bet we can expect more violence than the ones we have just seen but it is high time we drawn a line under instigation of violence of the kind we have witnessed from Buhari or anyone for that matter.

I hope there is a provision for this in our law!!
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by Sunofgod(m): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
In a court of law or a barbaric 'Sharia' court?

As I have already stated, if the case is heard in a Sharia court Buhari will be awarded compensation for the murders.

Whoever brings the case against him will have to pay Buhari 72 virgins for every person killed in the North.
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by baslone: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
Only in a country like Nigeria will a president spend more billions of naira on campaign
than the amount of money invested on security for it's citizens.
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
poster is a dreamer charged for wat? do you want to aggravate issues?
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by DisGuy: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
where do we get these people from, i think the sultan and all northerners should be tried in the court of law even Sambo, he is from Kaduna

i fear for the country  under Jonathan, everybody in the opposition is being threatened with court and sss, before it was Tinubu, then Dokpesi and IBB, then atiku for his treasonable utterance,then the ACN governorship candidate in IMO or thereabouts
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by 10cirenoh: 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
Some people just post rubbish, GEJ should be in jail for publicly letting people know he's a MEND's spokesman.
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by manmustwac(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
And to even think that I would have voted for Buhari if o was in Nigeria during the elections. Buhari should learn to be graceful and show gratitude to his opponent in his defeat like leaders in developed countries.
Re: Shouldn't Buhari Be Tried In A Court Of Law? by Dracula27: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
Donot forget he promised violence if he lost donot forget

(1) (Reply)

Oshipitan Street Bariga / Imo Gubernatorial Results! / Must Governor Isa Yuguda Of Bauchi State,make This Statement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.