Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" (384 Views)

Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
....the will of God in marriage.

A lot of Christians, Gospelers precisely, will be conversant with this phrase; "pray for the will of God."
It's even 'commonest' amongst Deeper lifers, no disrespect.

Now, here is my Question; is there anything such as the so-called "will of God?"
What about the "will of the devil
Marriages been broken today, ain't some of them "the will of God?"

Lalasticlala, is your lovely wife the will of God?

Clarification would be 'ppreciated.
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Draslo(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
ThiagoKid:

A lot of Christians, Gospelers precisely, will be conversant with this phrase; "pray for the will of God."

Now, here is my Question; is there anything such as the so-called "will of God?"

Lalasticlala, is your lovely wife your will of God?

Religion has made many thinkers become outcasts in their immediate environment. E.g, me. When you begin to think outside the box and ask unconventional questions, people might say you've gone insane that's why these days, I keep my opinion to myself. When something happens, for example when a loved one is murdered, they say it's the will of God. But we're also taught in this same religion that God gave us (the murderer included) free will meaning he doesn't interfere. I agree with that part because I can wake up in the morning, decide to go to Ghana for a week just to get my freak on. If in the course of getting my freak on, I contact HIV, they'd say it's the will of God or the work of the devil.

I no go let migraine kill me for this kind matter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by HRSweetness(f): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Absolutely! There's the will of God in all things that partains to mankind, how much more something as important as marriage.

Please understand that the fact that you got it right by following His perfect will in choosing your partner is no guarantee that there wouldn't be challenges. You also need to keep seeking and obeying His will, to keep and enjoy the marriage.

God's will is in His word. Study His word and you will find His will for every situation.

His will concerning finding the right partner is clear. Read Genesis 2:21-25.

As a man, if you can't see the woman you are marrying as one with you and if you the woman cannot see yourself as the helper of the man you want to marry, then you are still far from His will.

So many other scriptures to guide you into His will abounds. Seek the truth and you'll find it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2021
God comot hand for anything wey concern man and woman relationship since the day wey Adam accuse God of giving him the wrong woman(Eve) because say Eve give am apple chop!

know this and know peace!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Rayshon44: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2021
If there’s such thing like the will of God, then Adam and Eve was never sinners for eating from the fruit of knowledge of good and evil because it’s God's will. Religion just funny anyhow grin
But if you ain’t ready to ask realistic questions when it comes to religion, you’ll forever be in it chains. I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ProfessorBerlin(m): 12:10am On Apr 25, 2021
Bob Marly has said it all

“Emacipate yourselves from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our mind”

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by falcon01: 12:19am On Apr 25, 2021
That's if you believe in a God
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by falcon01: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2021
ProfessorBerlin:
Bob Marly has said it all

“Emacipate yourselves from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our mind”
Redemption Song
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 12:26am On Apr 25, 2021
SixKeys:
God comot hand for anything wey concern man and woman relationship since the day wey Adam accuse God of giving him the wrong woman(Eve) because say Eve give am apple chop!

know this and know peace!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by HealerH: 1:32am On Apr 25, 2021
Differentiate between the human action and the will of God.
It rains today can be the will of God and not the will of man. But the person you marry is 100% your will (the person's and yours). Keep God out of it.
God becomes a puppeteer the moment we affirm He's the author of our actions.
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Kobojunkiee: 3:13am On Apr 25, 2021
ThiagoKid:
....the will of God in marriage.[/i]A lot of Christians, Gospelers precisely, will be conversant with this phrase; "pray for the will of God."
Lalasticlala, is your lovely wife [i]the will of God?

The term really only should apply to those who are righteous in the sight of God as they are those who live according to His Will... doing only that which He commands. In the Old Covenant, we have examples of these in the many prophets of God, men/women, who sought God's righteousness and lived it. Those men/women were "friends" of God and everything that happened to them was according to God's plan and purpose.

Similarly, in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ commands that only those who Find God's righteousness will have all other things added to them. These are those who are submitted and controlled by the very Spirit of God who controls them, causing them to obey every one of God's commands and laws.

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you.
30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
They are the Righteous followers of God and God's will for them is according to a plan and purpose directed and ordered by God Himself. undecided

As for "Will of God" where marriage is concerned, be sure that Hosea's wife was according to God's Will, and it was not the dreamy picture that your Mogs like to paint for you. Another example to be aware of is Ezekiel.... it was the Will of God that Ezekiel's wife die and Ezekiel not mourn her in the way that is typical to humans. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Kobojunkiee: 3:17am On Apr 25, 2021
HealerH:
It rains today can be the will of God and not the will of man. But the person you marry is 100% your will (the person's and yours). Keep God out of it.
God is a puppeteer when it comes to the Righteous in the land.

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you.
30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
The Spirit of God is meant to act as Puppet Master as far as those who belong to God .i.e. are Holy and Righteous. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by HealerH: 6:32am On Apr 25, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
God is a puppeteer when it comes to the Righteous in the land.
The Spirit of God is meant to act as Puppet Master as far as those who belong to God .i.e. are Holy and Righteous. undecided

Your God is a puppeteer. You're his puppet. Thanks for letting us know.
Now get lost. I don't reason with puppets.
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Kobojunkiee: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2021
HealerH:

Your God is a puppeteer. You're his puppet. Thanks for letting us know.
Now get lost. I don't reason with puppets.
The God of the Bible has never hidden His intention and agenda from those who will believe in Him, since before the time of His prophets. Only way too many choose to remain ignorant of His ways..assuming they can conveniently worship Him from afar in ignorance. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2021
Draslo:
If in the course of getting my freak on, I contact HIV, they'd say it's the will of God or the work of the devil.
Lol, grin
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2021
HRSweetness:

His will concerning finding the right partner is clear. Read Genesis 2:21-23.
I have read it, and still don't understand what you are driving at. The verse you stated was even as of old. When Eve was yet to do her "thing."

HRSweetness:
Absolutely! There's the will of God in all things that partains to mankind,
You meant there was the will of God in all things pertaining..., and not there is the will of God in all things.?
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by hopefulLandlord: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Who was the lawyer when he was writing this will?
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25am On Apr 25, 2021
ThiagoKid:

Lalasticlala, is your lovely wife the will of God?

First, God has made known and disclosed His Wills!

Secondly, God clearly told us that "Good Wife" no dey, at All!

Thirdly, "Good Wife" is given by Him!

So, if you do not keep His Rules and you are not His Friend how can you have a Good Marriage? It is not possible!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:27am On Apr 25, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

It is Allowable for a Person to write His own Will!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by hopefulLandlord: 7:33am On Apr 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is Allowable for a Person to write His own Will!
Without an observer, how do we know it's his will?
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

First, God has made known and disclosed His Wills!

Secondly, God clearly told us that "Good Wife" no dey, at All!

Thirdly, "Good Wife" is given by Him! when the God said this? So, God has been giving people bad wives since ages past?

So, if you do not keep His Rules and you are not His Friend how can you have a Good Marriage? It is not possible!

Are you saying those who keeps God's rule don't have broken marriage? shocked
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
laughs.
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2021
HealerH:
@emboldened, respect man!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Without an observer, how do we know it's his will?

Many Pointers and Signs! His writing, the contents, His Life Style, Beha8 and Practice, His Personal Laws... Many pointers and signs!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2021
ThiagoKid:

when the God said this?

"Houses and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord".Proverbs 19:14

ThiagoKid:

So, God has been giving people bad wives since ages past?

God Does not give and can never give you any bad thing, it is Impossible. It is you who did not know that the options out there are bad, as men have spoilt it, therefore, you are choosing out of those bad options, as HealerH told you.

If you were truly Following God, you would have long known how needful it is to be Close to The Lord, so That you can see His Face continually, that you will identify the Good Things He Sends your way. For what is available and common is bad and evil, which is why God keeps complaining that the "Whole Earth is Full of Evil" as man has chosen to plant only evil deeds!

This is what the Right Do and their Steps are Guided As God Promised!

ThiagoKid:

Are you saying those who keeps God's rule don't have broken marriage? shocked

Yes,! I SHOUT IT OUT, YES, THEY DO NOT, PROVIDED, that None Does Lot's Wife!
Re: Is There Anything Like "The Will Of God?" by ThiagoKid(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2021
Abiababe, kindly resend your mail.
I Just fixed my PM.

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? / Dealing With Principalities And Powers / Autopsy Result Clarifying Cause Of Death Of Prophet TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.