Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Pure Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pure Religion (346 Views)

What's Your Idea Of Pure Religion? / The Pure Religion And The Right Way To Practice It / Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pure Religion by REDH2: 12:29am On Apr 25, 2021
Good morning Beloved

Peace be unto you in the name of our Lord Jesus

Pure religion

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Beloved, many have confused religion with being professors. Many believers will say don't be religious which is wrong. A person who profess to know GOD yet denies Him in his deeds is a professor not religious.

Religion means the belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, therefore in the Christian faith, religion means to believe in the Lord Jesus and to worship Him i.e to please Him, walk in His ways and glorify Him in all things.

Biblically, to be religious is
- to help the vulnerable and less privileged
- to help the needy
- to help the weak
- to love and have compassion on others (your fellow men)
- to do good unto all men as unto the Lord
- to abstain from sin and to keep yourself undefiled from the pleasure, lust, affairs and cares of this world
- to live a Holy, blameless and a pure life
- to walk in the ways of Christ Jesus

All the above pleases the Lord GOD, and one who does these is religious.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

The scripture above demonstrate that only those who are truly religious and righteous will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. You may want to disagree, the sound of the word religious when heard will seem like one is an hypocrite or a professor but it is not. As long as you please the Lord in Holiness, purity and consecration and living blameless and undefiled in this present world and love your fellow man as unto the Lord, you are religious and this is a wonderful thing for only those who are truly religious will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Beloved, practice pure religion for this is righteousness (right in the sight of GOD and pleases the Lord) and don't be a professor or an hypocrite and surely you will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Always at every point of your life, do good unto all men as unto the Lord. Never withold good from any man, if possibly go extra miles to make sure you help others and this do in secret not blowing trumpet of what you have done and while doing this, live and remain undefiled in this present perverse world.

The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Amen

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

Late Pastor Dare Adeboye’s Wife Tribute / The Room Filled / Always Be Grateful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.