Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) (552 Views)

The Powerlessness Of Churchianity / Churchianity / Christianity Or Churchianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sabbath Shalom

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." ~James 1:26,27.

The basis of any Christian's faith today is one that must be honestly considered if truly heaven is a priority. In Christendom, we have the ecumene (a unified church) and other denominations, all with a claim to divinely inspired spiritual worship. Howbeit, not all are of God.

Without much ado, certain things have greatly influenced modern day Christianity and these influences highlights denomination's ministerial models and today's Christians' orientation, doctrinal beliefs and worship practices. Notably, Marine Spirits are gradually penetrating and influencing the behavioral pattern of some churches in Nigeria. These are spirits which have operational base and abode in the waters (oceans, seas, rivers, streams and lakes and coasts). They are spirits fallen down from heaven.

As believers, irrespective of church affiliations, a critical look into the basis of our spirituality would enable us grasp the mystery behind the acceptance of our denominational Affiliations, doctrinal beliefs, ministry, religious commitments, and importantly the spirits motivating our worship.

A living church and any of a dead, demonic, cold, carnal church are characterized by certain things. From these things, we can successfully understand the state of these churches, and the manner of spirit operating in them.

Before we go into the identifying marks of a godly or godless church, here's a basis of identity. Church means 'called out' ("Ecclesia" in Greek) from the world. 'Christian' was first used in Antioch, during the Apostles days, meaning 'little Christ'. Ever since the inception of these words, it has applied as the tag of identity for any Bible believing formation or Christ related group.

Now, the qualities of a church is revealed in it's members Christlike spiritual characteristics and obedience to scriptures. Originally, the Church is supposed to be patterned after Christ. Therefore, a church may not really be a Church if it lacks completely or in part the principles and virtues of Christ.

To identify a manmade church from a Christ owned Church, what it pragmatically and practically exemplifies is taken into consideration:

One, is the church centered on having just the knowledge of the Word or the Just knowledge of the Lord.

Two, is it a Sanctimonious church (given to good works) or a Sanctified church (given to holy life and living).

Three, does it's doctrines emphasizes on Religiousness (man made efforts) or Righteousness (divinely inspired nature) as the way to serve God acceptably.

Four, does such a church strive for and preach spiritual and moral Perfection or physical and doctrinal Perversion.

Five, is the church known for Piety and Progress or for Profanity and Prosperity.

Six, is the church given to only Doctrines or to holy Devotion.

Seven, is such a church known for it's Christian titles (bishops, apostles, reverends) or for it's practical Christlike traits (charity, faithfulness, humility).

Eight, is the church known for it's Faith or Fame.

For instance, one may know the Bible from Genesis to Revelation without having the knowledge of God. One can be given to good works without bringing forth works meet for repentance and righteousness. One may have full Scriptural understanding without felt Spiritual understanding.

A mere Churchgoer or Bible reader is a Churchian, and not a christian. A just Christ follower and a saved Believer is a Christian. A believer. This distinction we must understand.
Whosever names God's name let him depart from iniquity we are commanded.

Churches today have greatly deviated from the norm and Christ laid down practices and doctrines. This is very evident in present day mode of worship by both ministers and members alike. Aside carnal manifestations, demonic control plays a bigger role in the increase demonization and compromise of the church today.

Their purpose is to infiltrate the churches and then quench the spirit of righteousness, holiness, contentment, prayer, love and care while replacing it with the spirit of mammon, greed, corruption, immorality, jealousy, strife and lack of eternal consciousness. It seems they have captured a lot of churches, especially in Nigeria today. The rising influence of marine spirits in churches is noticeable in most churches today.

When you see ministers indulging in immorality and fornication/adultery, scandals, covetousness, money laundering, bribery, and so on, this gives us a clear picture as to why many are spiritually bankrupt. Many of these ministers have corrupted anointing which they release upon their subjects.

Now, in a religious setting where the atmosphere is greatly corrupted, carnal and polluted; even if you're born again, you will still burn again; even if you've experienced spiritual reformation, you may suffer again spiritual deformation.

Today, the church which should be a house of prayer is now a ground for fashion parade. A place for prophecy is now for politics. encouragement is now for entertainment and elective endorsements. What should be a place of Holiness is now a place for Hollywood.

To know a living church, it must outrightly manifest the gifts of the Spirit which is Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Meekness, Humbleness, Faith, and Temperance/self control. (Galatians 5:22-23). Outside these qualities is no other law or foundation on which the church of Christ can be built.

1 Timothy 8:19 says, "nevertheless, the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, the Lord knows them that are His. And let everyone that name the name the name of Christ depart from iniquity".

References; 1 Corinthians 3:10,11,16,17; Psalm 11:3; 82:5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Jul 05, 2020

Now, the qualities of a church is revealed in it's members Christlike spiritual characteristics and obedience to scriptures. Originally, the Church is supposed to be patterned after Christ. Therefore, a church may not really be a Church if it lacks completely or in part the principles and virtues of Christ.
very faulty logic going on here!
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by shesawesome(f): 12:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
will you explain to us why?
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2020
shesawesome:
will you explain to us why?
Well , read it! " originally...therefore..." a leap to a conclusion was made there.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Ademat7(m): 2:37am On Jul 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Well , read it! " originally...therefore..." a leap to a conclusion was made there.
That's a premise and conclusion which is needed in logic. You are the one who is confused here, maybe you should drink water and mind your business.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jul 05, 2020
Ademat7:

That's a premise and conclusion which is needed in logic. You are the one who is confused here, maybe you should drink water and mind your business.
@OP provided no premise. Open your eyes to read it.

It is seriously faulty reasoning.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by AntiChristian: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2020
grin Holy Spirit you're needed here o!

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics, Anglican and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem, Winners, Lord Chosen, TREM, Synagogue, and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given in Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given till now!
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Ademat7(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin Holy Spirit you're needed here o!

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics, Anglican and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem, Winners, Lord Chosen, TREM, Synagogue, and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given in Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given till now!
Provided they all believed Jesus came to this world, died and resurrected all to take the sins of the world away; we are one❤️
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2020
lol
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by AntiChristian: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Ademat7:

Provided they all believed Jesus came to this world, died and resurrected all to take the sins of the world away; we are one❤️

Unitarian Christians believe in one God not three in one Gods.

Jehovah witness, Celestial church, cherubim and Seraphim and many more claim Christianity. So you mean all of you are one?

I wonder if that's what Jesus prayer meant or what you mean!
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 10, 2020
Antichristian

Living up to your name?
Well, I have a question to ask u. Why are you an antichristian? Or to really put it the way it seem, why are you an antichrist?

Base on your cognomen and feedback, I want to believe you're of a different religion or ideology (Islam, budhism, hinduism paganism, satanism, atheism, etc). If paradventure you once believed in the Christian way, then it is most likely you backslided and fell from grace. If this is the case, may God restore you. Amen.

Irrespective of diverse beliefs, Christianity in the real sense is a way of life, an effortless Spirit inspired practice, and a religion of faith and purity. It involves worship in Spirit and in truth. It is a spiritual journey.

The misinterpretation of Scriptures today does not stem from the ambiguity of it but from the ingenuity and godlessness of man. How will a man know the word of God without knowing that God?

Now Antichristian, I will like to address your personal motivation and spirituality rather than your spiritual misunderstanding and confusion. The Lord Himself by his Holy Spirit will give you understanding in his appointed time. Amen.

The ways of God are foolishness unto the sons of men.

There is something called APOSTASY (a spiritual state of no return or inability to repent after sinning). It usually happens when a once upon a time or use-to-be believer backslides with the intent of spiting God and his word; or when one commits the unforgivable SIN (blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, knowingly attributing the power of God to devils, and deliberately twisting or disacknowledging God's holy words. It is a dangerous position to be in. Such a one is irredeemable except by divine intervention which is never even going to happen.

Antichrists are Apostates, Children of Belial, and Sons of perdition.

Bible says.

2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Romans 13:2
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

1 Timothy 5:12
Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven.

2 Peter 2:
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

1 Peter 2:
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Dear Antichristian, if by God's mercy you still have your soul intact, do well to seek God. May Christ death not be in vain. Amen.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2020
AntiChristian:

Unitarian Christians believe in one God not three in one Gods.

Jehovah witness, Celestial church, cherubim and Seraphim and many more claim Christianity. So you mean all of you are one?

I wonder if that's what Jesus prayer meant or what you mean!

True religion is not about denominations but rather devotions. Christ prayed most importantly for unity of purpose and not just for unity of people.

May GOD give understanding. Amen.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

We ere because we know not the Scriptures.

What was written there have nothing to do with logic or reasoning.

Bible says;

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight

Neither philosophy or legalism but Christ.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Jul 10, 2020
First of all, did God lie when He said the following:

Isaiah 66 vs1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. This is what the Lord says:“ Heaven is my throne,and the earth is where I rest my feet. So do you think you can build a house for me? Do I need a place to rest?
2. I am the one who made all things. They are all here because I made them,” says the Lord. “These are the people I care for: the poor, humble people who obey my commands.

I ask this because your post already assumes that the world's church buildings are to somehow be associated with Jesus Christ. But from Scripture, we know that Jesus Christ never commanded His followers to build Him or God's houses on earth.
In his address to the Sanhedrins, Stephen had the following to say about this...

Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
Acts 7 vs 48
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
48. However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
49. ‘Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord, or where will My place of repose be?…

Even Paul had this to write on the very same...

2 Corinthians 5:1
1. Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

So, it is my belief that the world's churches are not of God, and so not to be associated with Jesus Christ's teachings.
As for your OP, I ask that you please re-read what you typed in this passage to see what I see, please.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by AntiChristian: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2020
HolyTrinity:

True religion is not about denominations but rather devotions. Christ prayed most importantly for unity of purpose and not just for unity of people.

May GOD give understanding. Amen.

Paul said:

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now over 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given!
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by AntiChristian: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
HolyTrinity:
Antichristian

Living up to your name?
Well, I have a question to ask u. Why are you an antichristian? Or to really put it the way it seem, why are you an antichrist?

Base on your cognomen and feedback, I want to believe you're of a different religion or ideology (Islam, budhism, hinduism paganism, satanism, atheism, etc). If paradventure you once believed in the Christian way, then it is most likely you backslided and fell from grace. If this is the case, may God restore you. Amen.

Irrespective of diverse beliefs, Christianity in the real sense is a way of life, an effortless Spirit inspired practice, and a religion of faith and purity. It involves worship in Spirit and in truth. It is a spiritual journey.

The misinterpretation of Scriptures today does not stem from the ambiguity of it but from the ingenuity and godlessness of man. How will a man know the word of God without knowing that God?

Now Antichristian, I will like to address your personal motivation and spirituality rather than your spiritual misunderstanding and confusion. The Lord Himself by his Holy Spirit will give you understanding in his appointed time. Amen.

The ways of God are foolishness unto the sons of men.

There is something called APOSTASY (a spiritual state of no return or inability to repent after sinning). It usually happens when a once upon a time or use-to-be believer backslides with the intent of spiting God and his word; or when one commits the unforgivable SIN (blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, knowingly attributing the power of God to devils, and deliberately twisting or disacknowledging God's holy words. It is a dangerous position to be in. Such a one is irredeemable except by divine intervention which is never even going to happen.

Antichrists are Apostates, Children of Belial, and Sons of perdition.

Bible says.

2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Romans 13:2
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

1 Timothy 5:12
Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven.

2 Peter 2:
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

1 Peter 2:
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Dear Antichristian, if by God's mercy you still have your soul intact, do well to seek God. May Christ death not be in vain. Amen.

From this your comment it can be concluded that you are a Paulinist!
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Dayocold001: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2020
Ademat7:

hello bro... I sent you an email... Pls reply. It's urgent
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Ademat7(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2020
Dayocold001:
hello bro... I sent you an email... Pls reply. It's urgent
Replied
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

From this your comment it can be concluded that you are a Paulinist!

No, I'm not a Paulianist. I may admire apostle Paul's apostolic works and vast spiritual knowledge. Besides, I'm not one given to pastoral or denominational indoctrinations. I'm a Christian. That's all. A believer in Christ Jesus. He is my model, teacher, guide and perfect example above any other past or present worshipper or minister of God. Christ is my standard.

I gave those references because they are biblical testimonies, attestations and confirmations of the truth. Moreover, we're commanded to Search the scriptures; for in them we think we have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Christ.

So, the aim is to preach Christ and him alone. And this must be based on Scriptures. As recorded, He is the way to God and the express image of God. He taught us how to worship GOD.

John 4:
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

...not based on the sophistry, sagacity or scintillation of our intellect. Not based on our mortal reasoning or human understanding, but in spirit and in truth.

I sincerely pray for you and all reading this, in accordance with 1 Thessalonians 5:23;
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Ordinarily, Religion is man's own effort to know God. Moreover, when a spiritually inspired desire and Self effort to please the Heavenly Father is initiated in a man through the Holy Spirit at the point of accepting Christ (conversion/repentance), then religion becomes pure and practical. Hence, Christianity is not a religion per say, but the evidence of a transformed life.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
HolyTrinity:
We ere because we know not the Scriptures.

What was written there have nothing to do with logic or reasoning.
Your write-up has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ as found in the 4 Gospels where His teachings are given you, and since what we humans have, and continue to exist within the bounds of logic/reasoning, I am afraid that is hat applies here.

HolyTrinity:
Bible says;
1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight

Neither philosophy or legalism but Christ.
Quoting from the bible does not make anything you have said, not even the many doctrines and traditions/commandments of men, what Jesus Christ called lies, of Jesus Christ or part of His teachings(Spirit), so do not continue to deceive yourself with that reasoning.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your write-up has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ as found in the 4 Gospels where His teachings are given you, and since what we humans have, and continue to exist within the bounds of logic/reasoning, I am afraid that is hat applies here.

Quoting from the bible does not make anything you have said, not even the many doctrines and traditions/commandments of men, what Jesus Christ called lies, of Jesus Christ or part of His teachings(Spirit), so do not continue to deceive yourself with that reasoning.

Only the unwise and foolish of this world gets to become wise by the word of God.

If the gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. In whom the gods of this world has blinded the minds of them who believe not the gospel.

Why do I speak these words?

Knowing the terror of God, I persuade men night and day...oh that they were wise and would understand this and would consider their latter end.

It is well.
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
HolyTrinity:
Only the unwise and foolish of this world gets to become wise by the word of God.
If the gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. In whom the gods of this world has blinded the minds of them who believe not the gospel.
Why do I speak these words?
Knowing the terror of God, I persuade men night and day...oh that they were wise and would understand this and would consider their latter end.
It is well.
So, when you speak Lies in the name of God, wouldn't that very same "terror of God", fall upon and consume me, just as Jesus Christ Himself said it would for those who preach falseshood in His name? undecided

Before you can "persuade" men of the Truth of God, shouldn't you first make certain that your mouth is not itself filled with lies told you by men - i.e. the doctrines and traditions of men which you seem so full of?undecided
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, when you speak Lies in the name of God, wouldn't that very same "terror of God", fall upon and consume me, just as Jesus Christ Himself said it would for those who preach falseshood in His name? undecided

Before you can "persuade" men of the Truth of God, shouldn't you first make certain that your mouth is not itself filled with lies told you by men - i.e. the doctrines and traditions of men which you seem so full of?undecided

The zeal of his house has eaten me up. Sire, neither philosophy or legalism but Christ.

Are you geniunely born again
Re: Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E) by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
HolyTrinity:

The zeal of his house has eaten me up. Sire, neither philosophy or legalism but Christ.

Are you geniunely born again
The zeal of whose house? undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings are presented for all those who seek Truth to glean. When you reach that which runs contrary to what Jesus Christ commands, do you do it for His sake? undecided

(1) (Reply)

You Must Be A Muslim To Comment On This Thread / Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches / Christians And Pastors Are Deluded, Ignorant. [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.