Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives (15999 Views)

Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events / Soyinka To UN: Declare Nigeria As Protectorates To Stop Bandits ‘Slave Trade’ / Supreme Court Warns Buhari: Stop! Using Public Funds To Defend Yourself In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by adenigga(m): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2021
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led government to stop the blame game and urgently salvage the nation from becoming a failed state.
In a letter to the government yesterday, titled, ‘The Endless Martyrdom of Youth,’ he stressed the need to “stop improvising with human Lives. Youth – that is, the future – should not serve as a ritual offering on the altar of a failing State.”

His statement reads in part: “Abukakar Atiku has summed up the nation’s feeling – this most recent savagery against our youth is heartbreaking. More than the heart is broken however, more than millions of individual hearts still lay claim to bonds in common humanity. The already over-stretched sinews of moral restraint have been snapped off the casing of nation being, and nothing is left but the collective wails of impotence. Not for the first time, what many hoped was a Natural Law of Limitations has been contemptuously, defiantly breached. We need to remind ourselves of hideous precedents. We must remember Chibok. And Dapchi. And numerous antecedents and after, unpublicized, or soon relegated to the sump of collective amnesia. The wages of impunity never diminish, on the contrary, they distend.

“One’s greatest fear, with this latest feat of cowardly savagery, is that the nation must brace itself for a Beslan scenario, yet strive to avoid Nigeria become Africa’s Cherchnya. Those who have been proven weak and incapable must learn to swallow their vain pride and seek help. Again, this is no new counseling, but of course, the dog that will get lost no longer heeds the hunter’s whistle. I envy no one the task ahead, terminating the toxic harvest of past derelictions.

“Blame laying is for later. Right now is the question of – what needs to be done, and done urgently. We keep avoiding the inevitable, but that very unthinkable now hammers brutishly on our gates, the blood ransom arrogantly insatiable. This nation is at war, yet we continue to pretend that these are mere birth-pangs of a glorious entity. They are death throes. Vultures and undertakers hover patiently but with full confidence.

“The dogs of war stopped merely baying years ago. Again and again, they have sunk their fangs into the jugular of this nation. The plague called COVID has met its match on the earth of some nation space once known as Nigeria. I grieve with the bereaved, but mourn even more for our youth so routinely sacrificed, burdened with uncertainty and traumatized beyond youth’s capacity to cope.”
https://m.guardian.ng/Soyinka-to-Buhari-Stop-improvising-with-human-lives

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Anigreat: 7:28am On Apr 25, 2021
shocked

I respect Soyinka so much, and i love him . If not i would've said something that won't be pleasant to the ears and eyes but let me keep quiet. make e be.

14 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Aflix(m): 7:28am On Apr 25, 2021
Hope they are not going to say Soyinka is IPOB??!

32 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Sunnybay7: 7:30am On Apr 25, 2021
Buhari has ear problem.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by colorsofrainbow: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2021
I don't believe this.
Helineus my brother,Soyinka must be ipob

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by orisa37: 7:34am On Apr 25, 2021
BUHARI'S BEHAVIOR AND ACTIONS ARE CLEAR EVIDENCES OF A HIGH LEVEL CRIMINAL SCAM.

THE NASS ISN'T REASONING BECAUSE THE SENATE IS MACBAN.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by orisa37: 7:38am On Apr 25, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Buhari has ear problem.

It's BSE
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Lisakran: 7:40am On Apr 25, 2021
This nation is at war, yet we continue to pretend that these are mere birth-pangs of a glorious entity. They are death throes. Vultures and undertakers hover patiently but with full confidence.
Prof they are all scheming for 2023, one of them just got a doctorate degree this week.

11 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Sunnybay7: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2021
orisa37:

It's BSE
Sorry what's BSE ?
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by PrinceOfLagos: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2021
Cry cry old little baby , why criticise the same buhari you played part in bringing to power now?

Baba please go and sit down

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by adenigga(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2021
Lisakran:

Prof they are all scheming for 2023, one of them just got a doctorate degree this week.

.....confirmed! @ Makurdi

I know him wella.....

13 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by HellAnus: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2021
Buhari is daft and deaf too. He won't hear u wole

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by elotajohn1(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2021
That deaf MOFO can't hear

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Earthquakes: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2021
When I see people advising the dullardihio
Have you ever seen him taken "unfulanised" advice before grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Prodigee: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2021
Na you and your mates start this cultism of a thing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by rawtouch: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2021
tongue

if his retiune of aides can't decipher then the members of his household that paid school fees in foreign currency can call their peers abroad to epp them break it down
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by kennykruzmason: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2021
that man doesn't hear word like this
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by truthfulparrot(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2021
The FGN, the Senate and the Elites are treating the increasing insecurity and terrorisms with kid gloves. The poor are already down and may not have much to lose if Nigeria eventually becomes a failed state. If only they know what will happen if Nigeria becomes a failed State......

That will be a time when:

Our security forces will be overwhelmed with multiple crises all over the country and they will not have time to prevent crimes and other internal security breaches.

The rich will not be able to sleep because the poor are angry, hungry and awake. There will be widespread lootings and arsons. Mobs that are united by hunger and poverty will attack the homes of the rich and elites in search of foods and means of survival. At that time, nobody cares whether you are a minister, senator or a big man.

There will be total collapse of economic activities and basic infrastructures. Banks and fuel stations will be closed. There will be power outages and acute shortage of water. There will not be internet or mobile communication.

Airports will be grounded or controlled by warlord. Travelling by road will be a suicidal mission. People will trek several kilometres on foots to escape to other countries.

Warlords will emerge from different part of the country and some of them will get international supports from countries that are interested in mineral resources.

The FGN and the Senate should act fast and do the needful, before Nigeria becomes a failed state!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by jcross19: 7:57am On Apr 25, 2021
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/Soyinka-to-Buhari-Stop-improvising-with-human-lives
your eyes don clear teh teh , when buhari finished with Nigerians , to type with your fingers is by grace when hunger hit you people well well , then your brain will reset, even some zombies brains have gone resetting especially on nairaland!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by onuman: 7:57am On Apr 25, 2021
Left alone, president Buhari wouldn’t mind having most of Nigeria’s youths be killed by Nigeria’s armed forces, in order to let Buhari retain Nigeria for Fulani home country.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by orisa37: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2021
Sunnybay7:

Sorry what's BSE ?

It's BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY. All Cattle Breeders have it.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by advanceDNA: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2021
APC will always make Anybody that has anything to say apart from praising buhari look like a wailer

watch how Femi Adesina, Lai mohammed, and the remaining APC zombies will make wole ShoYinka look like an enemy and also make killing a general thing that happens everywhere..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Sebastine1994(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2021
soyinka Is a loud mouth and won't be respected anymore
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Fresdesign: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature
. .

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by gambia(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2021
I will keep saying this, this fraud called Nigeria is a complete shithole, any day, any time, the country is gone, damaged and beyond repair, I know some folks will disagree with me, but that's your headache, I was once a patriotic Nigerian, but not anymore, the country has completely gone to the dogs, filled with hypocrites and gullible followers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by dangotesmummy: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2021
Prof go and sit down

You and your likes is why we have 1d10ts in power

Imagine a whole professor supporting a semi illiterate

His generation is why nigeria is at the stronghold of Fulani cabals and associates

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by richmond500: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2021
PMB is a failure and a clueless leader, when he was making campaign promises shouting 1$=1N, one refinery every year bla bla, I knew he will be a failure but I never imagined it will be this disastrous

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Crimrburster: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Adesina said the animal doesn't care.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Ay77(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2021
We can’t wait to finish his government
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Blackdisciple(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Lolz....

Human lives

He doesn't care about human lives, it's like telling the Talibans in Afghanistan to stop killing Christians na.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: Stop Improvising With Human Lives by Dozis: 8:01am On Apr 25, 2021
Nigeria has become a nightmare under this man..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu: Lagos Govt Will Shut Down Any Bank That Rejects Old Notes / Bode George Takes Himself Too Seriously - Tinubu / Dele Okeya Joins APC With 5,000 PDP Members In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.