Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,717 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? (676 Views)

FUN MATHS For Mathematicians / For Mathematicians Only! / Strictly For Mathematicians & Its Lovers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? by Nebuchadnezzar(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Becoming a mathematical scientist here in this country is it at your own peril?
Re: Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? by PrinceRaj1: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
I listed 12 professions on your other thread that mathermaticians are in now.
1. Banker,
2. Business analyst,
3. Operations research analyst
4. Stock exchange
5. Financial accountant
6. Programmer
7. Professional Teaching
8. Consulting
9. Statistical analyst
10. Lecturer/research fellow
11. Economic analyst
12. Business Strategist/Planner

If you become a mathematician and you dont use it to provide solutions for companies around you. You will be useless to yourself and everyone.

And you will be broke. Mathematics is a tool you can use to provide solution to people that can pay you. You are like an artisan, you need to work for people so you can get paid. Only difference is you get paid more for intelectual work. You can also consider other jobs that dont require employment just services. Private tutoring, auditing, data analysis for academic projects, spreadsheet modelling etc. Studying mathematics cant be such a bad thing except you dont know how use the skills you have.

All the best
Re: Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? by Nebuchadnezzar(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
Prince Raj:
Prince Raj, please don't be offended if i ask you dis quest. What do you do? Is it in anyway related to math?

You seem to knw more within the mathematical side, there are so many who are largely ignorant about math & tend to persecute those going into that profession.
Re: Any Hope For Mathematicians In Nigeria? by BigotMan(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
...my old posts/topics
smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Need Assistance In Applying For Msc In Oau. / Madonna University Are Good In Law . / Ansu Post Ume Result Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.