Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks (45713 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Visits Scene Of Attack On Policemen & Soldiers. / Unknown Gunmen Attack Checkpoint In Okija, Anambra, Kill Policemen (Photos) / How Gunmen Killed Eight Security Operatives In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by naija1stnigar(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

I hope our darling soldiers and policemen are now impenetrable since the day they killed Ikonso? with their sophisticated weapons. What is this one i am hearing. It's fake news, our darling soldiers can not be killed even with juju.grin

please let's stop supporting evil am an igbo man from anambra, esn should stop attacking security agents and facilities if they truly mean business they should go for killer herdsmen if security operatives engage them in the process of defending their land they are free to retaliate, attacks on security agents will only make federal government distract them from facing the killer herdsmen while our people continue to suffer unrepelled attacks from the herdsmen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
I keep saying it;

This country go crumble las las.

Dead country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I think it's high time PMB gave a presidential order declaring a state of emergency all over the SE and other affected SS states. There should be full fledged war against IPOB terrorists without delay. Heavy artillery weapons should be rolled into the region and used against the insurgents, as well as constant air bombardments from NAF.

If Igbos say they are looking for war, then so be it!

In the next few weeks, we don't want to hear that there's genocide in "Biafraland." You guys asked for it, and very soon you'll get served.
Empty threats!! Very childish post.Ask Buhari to begin with his boko haram and banditry ravaged region

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Akudaisi:
you have been calling ESN ragtag can you afford any of the guns those guy use?

Stolen weapons. Shame on IPOB.

They claim to be Jews, just to get sympathy from the Israeli state that doesn't even give a f**k about who they are. And yet these same miscreants fortify themselves with juju gotten from demons (idols). Please, I need someone to remind me about the 1st Commandment of the Jewish Law. IPOB, mumu people dem.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by madukaanaya(m): 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I think it's high time PMB gave a presidential order declaring a state of emergency all over the SE and other affected SS states. There should be full fledged war against IPOB terrorists without delay. Heavy artillery weapons should be rolled into the region and used against the insurgents, as well as constant air bombardments from NAF.

In the next few weeks, we don't want to hear that there's genocide in "Biafraland." You guys asked for it, and very soon you'll get served.
talk is cheap bring it on

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
naija1stnigar:
please let's stop supporting evil am an igbo man from anambra, esn should stop attacking security agents and facilities if they truly mean business they should go for killer herdsmen if security operatives engage them in the process of defending their land they are free to retaliate, attacks on security agents will only make federal government distract them from facing the killer herdsmen while our people continue to suffer unrepelled attacks from the herdsmen.
We are not yet sure the ESN are behind the random attacks on security agents in the east.They have never denied their operations against Fulani herdsmen or Nigerian security agencies

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by guru90: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Elidrisy20:
Guy take am easy, your blood just hot for this ipob matter, abi you be member?

Lolzzzz...

Istandforbiafra....

But we wanna stay alone, they refused.....

9ja wahala plenty oooh...
The real Hausa man never rule this nation self but na only fulani people is ruling this nation.....

Division is the key in this nation......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by samstels: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Chigboboss:
IPOB are bent on turning the South East to South Sudan.

We will not allow it.

No wonder some say we are our worst enemies, Tufia.

Did you even spare a thought for the innocent women and children you are putting at risk? The innocent young men that will be picked up in raids against "unknown gunmen"?

Just like Late Dim Ojukwu did at first before later repenting & pledging allegiance to Nigeria after millions killed despite being better prepared with foreign allies, some of us still think ragtag ESN can use force to overwhelm Nigeria because we now have smartphones. Lol.

What was previously bad in the SE will end up worse. Imagine what would happen to the multi billion naira hospitality industry in Imo if this violence is sustained. You think anyone can go to the markets with the sound of bomb-laden fighter jets over their heads?

Biko it is profitable to be wise.

Proffer solutions and the way forward .In all you wrote i can not see where you offered possible solutions to stop all these crisis .
The SE governors are stooges and cannot stand up to defend their states .Amotekun is very much active in south west .What is the fate of Ebube Aturu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Emotionss: 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Anigreat:
shocked

I hope our darling soldiers and policemen are now impenetrable since the day they killed Ikonso? with their sophisticated weapons. What is this one i am hearing. It's fake news, our darling soldiers can not be killed even with juju.grin

It is indeed a sad time when igbos now celebrate the death of a human being.

I still don't understand how the destruction of the south East is making you guys happy.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Dpharisee: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
I am afraid this will escalate, if Igbos want to be violent they can be brutal. Any soldier or police from the south serving in the South East or SS should not allow himself to become sacrificial lamb, let Fulani officers man those checkpoints, be warned.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by adabaraabdul: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Resurrection212:
Ipob will still crying this week.i just wish Nigeria government can bring that fake China made general kanu to Nigeria to dance for operation python.
the man has dual citizenship. When Ojukwu led the Biafran army in the civil war he led from the front...Nnamdi Kanu is leading his Army in diaspora. Food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Stkilda(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

The problem with Nigeria is that they neither listen nor have empathy. For many years IBOP members had begged the Nigeria’s security to stop killing them just for carrying flags and for marching peacefully on the streets, so as not to push them to taking up arms. But Nigerians derided them, called them chest beaters and shouted, “Kill them all”. Now this same group is begging the same Nigeria’s security to stop militarisation of the Igboland and to stop torture and extrajudicial killings of the Igbo, to avoid another civil war. Once more, Nigerians are rejoicing and thinking that any war will be restricted to Igboland like it was in 1967. What these heartless Nigerians don’t understand is that there is nothing stopping the UGM from opening fire on people on busy streets in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Kaduna as a deterrent to the killings in Igboland. What these fools don’t understand is that there is no reason why Eko Bridge in Lagos may not be blown to rubbles or NNPC headquarters in Abuja set ablaze as a deterrent to destructions in Igboland, that deterrence is how the modern warfare is fought. It is called Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by guru90: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

Bla bla......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by PissfulProtester: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Armaggedon:
Since ESN unit commander, Ikonso who the army blame for unknown gunmen killings is dead, it means unknown gunmen are not ESN.
dumb post. if a commander is killed, does that mean the end of the command? You guys are incredibly dumb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Emotionss: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
samstels:

Proffer solutions and the way forward .In all you wrote i can not see where you offered possible solutions to stop all these crisis .
The SE governors are stooges and cannot stand up to defend their states .Amotekun is very much active in south west .What is the fate of Ebube Aturu

Yes the south East governors are useless but I don't see the wisdom in turning south east into another war zone.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by princepeacesun(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
Resurrection212:
Who say that and you think uk soldiers have strength to battle our gallant soldiers that rated land warfare operations in the world.
shut up... gallant soldiers my foot... whats taking them so long to end boko Haram and other terror group in the country
the military are only good to cause mayhem,torture and massacre etc...to innocent civilians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Kebbiprince: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
OneNigerianist:
Nigerian security forces have now lost 22 men within 24 hrs since Ikonso was killed. Was the operation worth it?
Don't come back here to cry that they are killing innocent civilians when the jungle matures
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Litmus: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
In situations like this, Police Command (the institution) as well as State and Central government are responsible for the deaths of police officers, given that Bandits and Unknown gunmen have long since declared their willingness to target and kill law enforcement operatives.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Chigboboss: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
samstels:

Ebube Agu should be activated immediately and I wonder what the Governors are waiting for.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by guru90: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes the south East governors are useless but I don't see the wisdom in turning south east into another war zone.

I swear...... South East Governors are they most useless Governors in 36 states in NIGERIA.....

They always worship Northerners leaders......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
etokhana:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-gunmen-kill-policemen-soldiers-in-rivers-checkpoint-attacks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I think it's high time the checkpoints left the roads in the first place. There have always been numerous complaints about the number of checkpoints on the roads in the east.

All they do is extort motorists and cause increase in transport fare.

Now, let the stay in their stations and barracks, and only respond to distress calls. Let the roads be free for motorists to move around.

Maybe just 2 checkpoints between Onitsha and Owerri is enough... No checkpoint from Owerri to Umuahia

Let the killings stop

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Stkilda(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

It is indeed a sad time when igbos now celebrate the death of a human being.

I still don't understand how the destruction of the south East is making you guys happy.

I guess they got tired of mourning the never ending massacre of love ones.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Tonyx5(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
guru90:

I swear...... South East Governors are they most useless Governors in 36 states in NIGERIA.....

They always worship Northerners leaders......
eg?
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Veqtor: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
OneNigerianist:
Nigerian security forces have now lost 22 men within 24 hrs since Ikonso was killed. Was the operation worth it?

Security forces that refused to attack the Fulani traders that shot at govt officials in Enugu with AK-47. Or the ones that did nothing, while ISWAP shared fliers in Yobe, threatening to kill all non-muslim Southerners and going as far as disconnecting telecommunication lines?

We don't have security forces. What we have are licensed terrorists in camos.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Brimstone77: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

the same way they have declared state of emergency in Niger, zamfara,platue, southern kaduna,yobe,bornu, benue etc,and have also moved heavy artilleries with steady air bombardment in those places I mentioned above...last time I checked south east doesn't experience quarter of the insecurity in those states I mentioned above.....pray that you won't be unfortunate in life, because what I'm seeing in you is scary,a cloudy future awaits you...

Just pray!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Stkilda(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
adabaraabdul:
the man has dual citizenship. When Ojukwu led the Biafran army in the civil war he led from the front...Nnamdi Kanu is leading his Army in diaspora. Food for thought.

Probably why Ojukwu's campaign was unsuccessful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by guru90: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
Tonyx5:

eg?

Chai......

U know those people naaaaa..... Are u not seeing what I am seeing in this country.....
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Arespect10: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
I thought SS and SE are safe cheesy
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Tonyx5(m): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2021
guru90:

Chai......

U know those people naaaaa..... Are u not seeing what I am seeing in this country.....
Nah
call them with your chest, g
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by AntiAPC2023(f): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
Dpharisee:
I am afraid this will escalate, if Igbos want to be violent they can be brutal. Any soldier or police from the south serving in the South East or SS should not allow himself to become sacrificial lamb, let Fulani officers man those checkpoints, be warned.
this empty cow brain keeps spewing rubbish
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Brimstone77: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Don't come back here to cry that they are killing innocent civilians when the jungle matures
why should they be killing civilians? Are the civilians the ones attacking them?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Dancing At Manchester United Award Night(pics / Tompolo's 48th Birthday: Niger Deltans Celebrate In Grand Style (Photos) / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.