Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks (45682 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Visits Scene Of Attack On Policemen & Soldiers. / Unknown Gunmen Attack Checkpoint In Okija, Anambra, Kill Policemen (Photos) / How Gunmen Killed Eight Security Operatives In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by CaptainAyub: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I think it's high time PMB gave a presidential order declaring a state of emergency all over the SE and other affected SS states. There should be full fledged war against IPOB terrorists without delay. Heavy artillery weapons should be rolled into the region and used against the insurgents, as well as constant air bombardments from NAF.

If Igbos say they are looking for war, then so be it!

In the next few weeks, we don't want to hear that there's genocide in "Biafraland." You guys asked for it, and very soon you'll get served.
Na for Ikwere local govt ooo.
Is Ikwere now IPOB?
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by CaptainAyub: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
PHijo:

Much of Rivers state, Ijaw has more LGAs than any other group.
Lolz.
But somehow somehow na Odili, Amechi,Onyesom etc that have been ruling Rivers since?
Easy with the lies sir
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Amhappy(f): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
chaberry:

One of the soldier(Airforce personel) killed was a friend of mine, an Igbo guy who was just posted to River state just last year.. Why should we be killing ourselves? Onyebuchi was such a beautiful soul, so unfortunate he lost his life in the east after several years in kainji, Niger state. I'm so heartbroken right now

Onyebuchi I'm going to miss you

This is so sad. Sorry about your friend.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by CaptainAyub: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
maasoap:

They referred to him as a Unit Commander, don't misinform the public. The press release was simple and clear
Yoruba muslima.
Welcome.
It took you so long to come,why?
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by babajero(m): 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
buckeyemedia:
With all due respect, You are an extremely ignorant & myopic individual? Wow you need reorientation, your reasoning faculty is misconstrued, it will be impossible to prosper in Nigeria with a mindset like yours.
thanks, for your assertion. So I am being ignorant and myopic, and I need reorientation because I don't believe Fulanis means well for Nigeria. And you talking about prosper with my mindset. I have really seen the kind of prosperity you and your Fulani kind are bringing to the whole of Africa. Evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by CaptainAyub: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
afube:

The problem I have with this your view is that due to our chronic cowardice the typical Nigerian will never be bold to censure and condemn the government when they commit evil but will readily blame the defenseless victim.........where was your outrage when hundreds of IPOB members were killed at nkpor in may 30th 2016.........where was your outrage when the aerm killed nearly 1000 shias in Zaria?
Don't mind the hypocrites.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Amanda4life: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
THE soldiers Milled ipob yesterday.

Now who is committing this atrocity?
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by FatherOfJesus: 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Zoey95:
the soldiers killed are not army they are two NAF personnels. R.I.P colleague the sun is set. The Airforce family will never forget you. what an unfortunate loss to the Family
what are saying?

Read your post again
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Amanda4life: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
ECHICHE:
These are obvious signs of uncontrollable insecurities that may degenerate to civil war later.

Federal government headed by Buhari should swallow its pride and listen to all these regional agitations.

It is cheaper to make peace than to war. The consequences of war are so devastating and painful

""A stitch in time, saves nine"

SINCERELY , HE SHOULD LISTEN AND ACT ACCORDING LY.

AS, IT IS NOW.

THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE PEACE IN NORTH, BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT wAR IS TAKING ANOTHER dimension
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by FatherOfJesus: 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

If that be the case, all Igbos in the West to the slaughter!!!

We won't take it easy with you guys. We'll ban movement of Igbos from East to the West with immediate effect, and then focus on total annihilation of evil-minded Igbos who choose to disturb the peace. The peaceful ones will be left untouched.
how you go know say I be Igbo now as I sabi speak Yoruba die? Lol
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by princemeadow(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Maks27:
. At least there is a credible source
I lost a neighbor in that attack
Akinola Ramon.

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
how you go know say I be Igbo now as I sabi speak Yoruba die? Lol

We'd start from the 4x4s then go down to the localities.....
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by FatherOfJesus: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

We'd start from the 4x4s then go down to the localities.....
lol, I can speak Ijebu and Egba sef Lol grin
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
This violence is not the way to resolve issues.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
lol, I can speak Ijebu and Egba sef Lol grin

Even if you can do incantations in yoruba, we have our ways of knowing who imposters are....and imposters rot at the bottom of the lagoon.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
Yoruba people will say "The witch cried only last night, the child died today. Who doesn't know that the witch who cried last night is responsible for the child's death."

IPOB terrorists, Heema Powerfool and Usain Bolt Kanu are to be held responsible.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by nameo: 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
afube:

The problem I have with this your view is that due to our chronic cowardice the typical Nigerian will never be bold to censure and condemn the government when they commit evil but will readily blame the defenseless victim.........where was your outrage when hundreds of IPOB members were killed at nkpor in may 30th 2016.........where was your outrage when the aerm killed nearly 1000 shias in Zaria?

You are barking at the wrong tree, guy.

Did you see when i talked about a "compromised" Govt in the comment you quoted. I hope you know my views about the Govt.

What this Govt did to IPOB and shiites remain unreservably condemned. However, we ought to equally condemn the indescrimate killings of our security agents in a non-war situation. It is a dangerous hill that lead to no good. And i will never ever support the killing of our security agents(except in a state of war).

By the way, do you know that some(if not most) of the security agents killed are Igbos themselves, with families o.

Come on. You should be outraged by it!!!

PS: It is also a strategic blunder by IPOB if they are actually the ones involved. They have been playing the strategic game well. This new development exposes them unnecessarily.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by FatherOfJesus: 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

Even if you can do incantations in yoruba, we have our ways of knowing who imposters are....and imposters rot at the bottom of the lagoon.
abeg o, I no wan rot for lagoon o grin
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by lionphil(m): 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
naija1stnigar:
please let's stop supporting evil am an igbo man from anambra, esn should stop attacking security agents and facilities if they truly mean business they should go for killer herdsmen if security operatives engage them in the process of defending their land they are free to retaliate, attacks on security agents will only make federal government distract them from facing the killer herdsmen while our people continue to suffer unrepelled attacks from the herdsmen.

I don't know how old you are but if you're truly igbo, I'm sure your mum hasn't told you who your true father is... haven't you been reading things on the news or are you so daft that you can't reason? Just show me only one occasion where those being attacked have been saved by your security men, just one please. If you can't,then I doubt you're truly igbo... Well, you're probably an efulefu. Instead what the security come to do is to arrest innocent people or come when the killings have finished taking place.

Security only kills those that start defending themselves against killer herdsmen and leave the weaker ones to be killed by the herdsmen.

Didn't you read about what happened after the attack at Ebonyi and the killers were trailed to Nsukka?

Big fo.ol

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Chinoval: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I think it's high time PMB gave a presidential order declaring a state of emergency all over the SE and other affected SS states. There should be full fledged war against IPOB terrorists without delay. Heavy artillery weapons should be rolled into the region and used against the insurgents, as well as constant air bombardments from NAF.

In the next few weeks, we don't want to hear that there's genocide in "Biafraland." You guys asked for it, and very soon you'll get served.
talk is cheap morafucker
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by AntiNigerian: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
PHijo:

They will never!
At least not the Ijaw parts of Rivers state.
not all ijaws will be that stupid to sell out to foolanis... This is what supporter of APC wants.. sell out and they reward you with death.. go and ask Kenule Saro Wiwa
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by AntiNigerian: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

I'll personally volunteer to take up arms against IPOB terrorists. We must kick every evil out of the land. The majority of Igbos, who are law-abiding aren't in support of Kanu's terminal madness.
pls do... And tell me your height and width.. i sometimes work with people who sell coffins, let us measure you and don't forget to get your selfie for obituary
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by relicng: 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Wahala dey
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by alfredthegreat(m): 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

it like you are thinking with your anus,
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by bigcasava1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Chigboboss:
IPOB are bent on turning the South East to South Sudan.

We will not allow it.

No wonder some say we are our worst enemies, Tufia.

Did you even spare a thought for the innocent women and children you are putting at risk? The innocent young men that will be picked up in raids against "unknown gunmen"?

Just like Late Dim Ojukwu did at first before later repenting & pledging allegiance to Nigeria after millions killed despite being better prepared with foreign allies, some of us still think ragtag ESN can use force to overwhelm Nigeria because we now have smartphones. Lol.

What was previously bad in the SE will end up worse. Imagine what would happen to the multi billion naira hospitality industry in Imo if this violence is sustained. You think anyone can go to the markets with the sound of bomb-laden fighter jets over their heads?

Hearken to the wise counsel of Biafran General Phillip Effiong upon surrendering to Nigeria after Nnamdi Kanu Ojukwu fled:

Don't worry south east problem is the presence of zoo police and soldier who sees check point as oil well to rob off the hard work of the igbos. Tell ur nigeria police and army to leave the people alone
Biko it is profitable to be wise.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by bigcasava1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
APC how far na? Soldier technology fail this time
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by RisingSun1: 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

Epistle of a demented nonentity!

You used the so-called "heavy artillery weapons" on Bokoharam for over 10 years now yet Bokoharam are still urinating on your cowardly soldiers. A lot have changed, 2021 is not 1967.

What made you think that heavy artillery will work on ESN?

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by McTobe(m): 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
I respect your post bro, our leaders can be unintelligent with their decisions and unstrategic in their actions. Wrong measures and decisions brought us down this lane. That BH founder was wrongly handled, IPOB wrongly handled, shite leader detention and clampdown on his supporters same. Thank you for your deep thought
seborrhic:
I had always feared this mayhem would reach Rivers because Wike handled that Oyigbo crisis very poorly with massacre, torture and rape of innocent civilians,just because they identified or supported IPOB or even just being ethnically alligned with IPOB.
He had earlier encouraged and supported the use of excessive force on IPOB when they were still demonstrating during the early stages of the movement while kanu was still in Nigeria.
This is now a test of Wike's gangster like governance.
I fear,like many brash touts,he may fail this test by soon coming out ranting,threatening and supporting the security forces to invade Ikwerre and arrest anyone they even remotely suspect has any affiliation to ESN or IPOB.
It may backfire.
What governors of affected States in the SE and SS should realize is that IPOB and/ESN is not a rag tag group of armed men,but a growing militia with increasingly growing support to modernize the armed wing.
Each action now taken should be well thought out and geared towards winning minds of those who even if ethnically affiliated to IPOB do not necessarily agree with its modus operandi.
Any replica of the Oyigbo formula would just cause the loss of many more lives on both sides.
Guerilla warfare is always the worst kind of war to win.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by McTobe(m): 12:04am On Apr 26, 2021
Sorry about lost of your colleagues but our leaders are GOATS. May the Lord continue to protect you but don't join them to oppress people please.
Zoey95:
the soldiers killed are not army they are two NAF personnels. R.I.P colleague the sun is set. The Airforce family will never forget you. what an unfortunate loss to the Family
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by McTobe(m): 12:07am On Apr 26, 2021
Person just press you play you begin play...so predictable. Nawao
PHijo:

They will never!
At least not the Ijaw parts of Rivers state.
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by McTobe(m): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2021
Do you mean EbubeEwu?
samstels:

Proffer solutions and the way forward .In all you wrote i can not see where you offered possible solutions to stop all these crisis .
The SE governors are stooges and cannot stand up to defend their states .Amotekun is very much active in south west .What is the fate of Ebube Aturu
Re: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 26, 2021
KingsleyWabote:

In the next few weeks, we don't want to hear that there's genocide in "Biafraland." You guys askked for it, and very soon you'll get served.

exactly the reason they dont want to live with you.
stay your own let them stay on their own, haba!
you hate them and they hate you back in equal measure, if not more.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldier Pushed Around By Man Who Tried Assaulting Him (Photo, Video) / How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / PHOTO - Who Was This Senator Reporting To Buhari In Saraki's Presence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.