Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn (590 Views)

Death Of Ikonso: Hope Uzodinma Has Murdered Sleep — IPOB Reacts / Throwback Of Ikonso Commander And Nnamdi Kanu -photo / Atiku Speaks On Boko Haram Killing 100 Soldiers. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
While I don't rejoice over the death of anyone be it soldiers or civilian or Ipob, we must blame the jihadist fulani hersdmen who forced regions to source for self-help and the federal government who divides the country, alienates Igbos in everything and worst still allows Fulani killers to kill at will. My sympathy goes to all who have died because I don't support violence. I don't blame Nigerian soldiers except those of Fulani extraction who may share the jihadist agenda in carrying their orders. I am always convinced that no right thinking soldier from the south would choose to kill those protecting their people from rampaging Fulani killers. Also, no right thinking Yoruba person or Christian will rejoice over the death of Ikonso as events in Benue and southern Kaduna show we're all in this danger of Fulani killers. Ikonso is gone alongside Nigerian soldiers, so bad! My take has always been if federal government had arrested, tried and jailed Fulani killers, created atmosphere of fairness and equity, this bloodshed would have been avoided. People won't choose self-help. I don't know what will happen in igboland if soldiers kill the youths protecting the Igbos against Fulani herdsmen. Whatever the agenda is, we have to watch out.
Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by learnedman(m): 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
You know what confuses me?

ESN was formed to fight killer herdsmen which the Military and Police have refused to fight or arrest. Then the Military and Police are sent to kill ESN for protecting their land.

It therefore seems to me that Military, Police and Fulani herdsmen are on one side of the war.

The reality seems to be that the Fulani politicians and their Religious Lords are using the Institutions of Military and Police as well as Herders cover to launch ethnic war against other tribes in the country.

This is a tribal war - make no mistakes about this.

8 Likes

Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
Am one of those who believe in self help, since the govt has failed to protect people. Secondly, the terrorists are never arrested or tried. The few ever arrested have been secretly released.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Nigerian army shouldn't be used to aid jihad.
Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by heendrix(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
Newzik:
Nigerian army shouldn't be used to aid jihad.

we can't blame the army bro....if they're given order to go if they go it's wahala if they refuse to go it's a big double wahala so most of em just got no choice but to go. it's really a pity the army has now become pawns
Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by RodeDindu: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
I was telling somebody yesterday that this death of Ikonso will be likened to the death of Yusuf which hitherto gave birth to the full monster called Boko Haram.
It's going to be a ripple effect as both sides are not backing down soon.

Expect the unexpected, we are in Nigeria- a land of uncertainties

1 Like

Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Death Of Ikonso And Soldiers: Nigerians Paying For Prolonged Injustice & Unfairn by amuwo1980: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
Billyonaire666:
You know what confuses me?

ESN was formed to fight killer herdsmen which the Military and Police have refused to fight or arrest. Then the Military and Police are sent to kill ESN for protecting their land.

It therefore seems to me that Military, Police and Fulani herdsmen are on one side of the war.

The reality seems to be that the Fulani politicians and their Religious Lords are using the Institutions of Military and Police as well as Herders cover to launch ethnic war against other tribes in the country.

This is a tribal war - make no mistakes about this.
Yes it is , the Yoruba fulani brotherhood is on the match , ESN and IGBOS hold on help is coming .

(1) (Reply)

Kawnu And The Sponsor Of Unknown Gunman / How Gov. Ishaku Used His Younger Sister To Launder N39bn / South South Tribes Are More Wary Of Themselves Than They Are Of Igbo Domination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.