Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) (555 Views)

Software Developer Needed ( Python, C++, C#, Html, Css & Java Script ) / AIDE-IDE For Java And C/C++ And AIDE for Web Worth It ? / C/C++ Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
So for the past 12hrs I’ve been trying to run C/C++ codes on my pc with no success.
I’ve downloaded and installed the Microsoft C/C++ extension on vscode.
I equally installed code runner on vscode.
Then I downloaded and installed MinGw-W64 from sourceForge website.
I copied the file path and went and set it on environment variables.
After every every nothing.
Please who uses C/C++ on vs code here.
Is there any other way to go about this issue cause I’m tired; almost 3gb of data has been spent with no success?
Or should I just go for an IDE? Would it be less complicated?
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
Issue has been resolved after several days.
Compiler installed and running.
So no one here could even help me out; damn. cry

Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Karleb(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
Rgade:
Issue has been resolved after several days.
Compiler installed and running.
So no one here could even help me out; damn. cry

It's because people hardly use C/C++ here.
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
Karleb:

It's because people hardly use C/C++ here.
That’s true though.
It’s mostly JS,PY and PHP developers everywhere.
If not for school I don’t even know what would have taken me to C.
Time wey I suppose dey put into js.
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by GreatAchiever1: 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
Nice, how did u do it? although, haven't finished learning c++ due to some projects but I hope to return to it, I used codeblocks while learning c++
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 29, 2021
GreatAchiever1:
Nice, how did u do it? although, haven't finished learning c++ due to some projects but I hope to return to it, I used codeblocks while learning c++
I missed the part where I had to navigate into the MinGw installer and manually mark the compilers I wanted for installation. That’s what I did differently.
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by dharak: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rgade:
So for the past 12hrs I’ve been trying to run C/C++ codes on my pc with no success.
I’ve downloaded and installed the Microsoft C/C++ extension on vscode.
I equally installed code runner on vscode.
Then I downloaded and installed MinGw-W64 from sourceForge website.
I copied the file path and went and set it on environment variables.
After every every nothing.
Please who uses C/C++ on vs code here.
Is there any other way to go about this issue cause I’m tired; almost 3gb of data has been spent with no success?
Or should I just go for an IDE? Would it be less complicated?

So sorry I'm just seeing this post now. I actually have some experience with C/C++ on windows. I went with the MinGW route. Specifically I installed cygwin on my windows machine and then added %CYGWIN_PATH%\bin to my environment variables. (%CYGWIN_PATH% is the folder where cygwin was installed).

So in the end I compile with

gcc program.cpp -o program.exe
.\program.exe
Re: How To Install C/C++ On Windows.(resolved) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
dharak:

So sorry I'm just seeing this post now. I actually have some experience with C/C++ on windows. I went with the MinGW route. Specifically I installed cygwin on my windows machine and then added %CYGWIN_PATH%\bin to my environment variables. (%CYGWIN_PATH% is the folder where cygwin was installed).

So in the end I compile with

gcc program.cpp -o program.exe
.\program.exe
Thanks. Turns out it wasn’t that much of a problem.
I just installed the MinGw installation wizard on the computer and assumed I was done grin
Turned out you still have to go through the wizard to download the needed files.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Paystack Donation Page On Blogger Website / . / Difference Between UI/UX Designer And Web Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.