Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Birthing In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Birthing In Canada (1887 Views)

I’m Terribly Lonely In Canada / Study In Canada Without IELTS, That One Thing Hindering Your Future / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthing In Canada by Lee29: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Has anyone recently travel to Canada for the purpose of giving birth?
I will appreciate any useful information�
Re: Birthing In Canada by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 26, 2021
Lee29:

birthing is not essential traveling. You cant go in unless you have an existing visa and also have siblings in canada. If not they won't process your visa
Re: Birthing In Canada by bemagnify: 2:30am On Apr 26, 2021
Firstly, we need to know why you want to give birth in Canada!
Re: Birthing In Canada by Lee29: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
bemagnify:
Firstly, we need to know why you want to give birth in Canada!
Citizenship by birth
Re: Birthing In Canada by Lee29: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lagbaja88:
birthing is not essential traveling. You cant go in unless you have an existing visa and also have siblings in canada. If not they won't process your visa
Thank you for the info.

Do you mean no new tourist visa is currently being processed?

Is there no relaxation yet of the covid-19 travel restrictions?
Re: Birthing In Canada by bemagnify: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lee29:

Citizenship by birth

Ok.. Canada only recognize the child as its citizen and not the child's parents. Therefore even if the child was born in Canada, the parents will return home with the child...

But the child is a Canadian and the child can live in Canada wen he has attained the age of majority.
Re: Birthing In Canada by Lee29: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
bemagnify:

Ok.. Canada only recognize the child as its citizen and not the child's parents. Therefore even if the child was born in Canada, the parents will return home with the child...

But the child is a Canadian and the child can live in Canada wen he has attained the age of majority.

I know.

No plan to stay back.
Re: Birthing In Canada by ednut1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lee29:

Thank you for the info.

Do you mean no new tourist visa is currently being processed?

Is there no relaxation yet of the covid-19 travel restrictions?
visiting is non essential travel. If you do not have an existing Visit visa too in normal times the rejection rate is over 90% for Nigerians
Re: Birthing In Canada by BigDawsNet: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lee29:

The visa required for women to give birth in Canada is Temporary Resident Visa.. This visa is temporary, usually valid for 6 months of less..

Visit Canada immigration website for more important information before you start preparing for your long trip

Goodluck
Re: Birthing In Canada by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:31am On Apr 27, 2021
bemagnify:

I believe she is aware of that already. Her response of citizenship by birth means she wants her kid to be a Canadian. All she needs are some information which she is not privy to. Lee29, I think there is a Canada birthing thread, please go on there to get all the information you need.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Goko Cleanser In U.s / Abuja To Owerri December Price (picture) / Travel Now And Pay Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.