Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? (2289 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A32 Vs Samsung Galaxy A52 / Getting A New Smartphone - Infinix Hot 10 Vs Xiaomi Redmi 8, Which Is Better? / Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Vs Iphone 11 Pro Camera Comparison. Without GCAM (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Valorreviews(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUaU-q2wnP0

Hello guys, valor reviews here, and in this video, I will be comparing the Redmi note 10 with the Samsung Galaxy A32. I will be comparing the Build quality, external features, Display, performance, cameras, and battery of both smartphones to see which smartphone is better.

Build Quality

The redmi note 10 cost N98,500 or $201 for the 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage version while the Samsung Galaxy A32 cost N113,500 or $231 for the same configuration. The price difference between these two smartphones is N15,000 or $30. Keep that in mind as we go along with the comparison.

For the build quality, both smartphones have a plastic rear and plastic frame. You can torture both smartphones and everything will be alright as long as both smartphones hit their rear. I wouldn’t be too confident dropping both smartphones face down without a screen protector but the Samsung Galaxy A32 has a higher chance of surviving as the display is protected with corning gorilla glass 5 while the Redmi Note 10 display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3. So for the build quality, the Samsung A32 wins.

As for water resistance, the Redmi Note 10 is an IP53 dust and splash-resistant smartphone. It can be submerged in water and the phone will be fine. As for the Samsung Galaxy A32, it isn’t water-resistant and the last time I put it in water, I was lucky I got away with it.

It isn’t like the Redmi Note 10 is perfect, I saw a video where the redmi note 10 failed the bend test, I am not brave or rich enough to try that out but let’s be objective, which action is more likely to happen, your smartphone falling inside water or you bending your smartphone like this? So for the build quality which one would you pick? Let me know in the comment section.

External features

For the external features, both smartphones come with a 3.5mm audio jack, a mic, USB type C port, and a speaker. The Redmi Note 10 has a second speaker located at the top over here and sound also comes out from the earpiece area so we have sound hitting you from the left side, the right side, and from the front. For gaming or watching a video on your smartphone, it can get immersive and captivating. The Samsung Galaxy A32 on the other hand has one speaker, It is kinda loud, not as loud as the Redmi Note 10 and you can easily block it when playing games making the game less enjoyable. Both smartphones have a dual nano sim card tray and a memory card slot. At the top, both smartphones have a secondary microphone, the Redmi Note 10 has an IR blaster, and of course the second speaker which I talked about. Both smartphones have volume buttons and a power button on the right side. The Power button of the Redmi Note 10 doubles as the fingerprint scanner. Samsung used a different approach as its fingerprint scanner is located on the display. It has an optical fingerprint scanner and for speed and accuracy, the side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the Redmi Note 10 is faster and more accurate. The Real question is do you want a stylish fingerprint scanner or do you want one that is fast and accurate? I’ll take the faster one. The Face Unlock feature on the Redmi Note 10 is faster than the Samsung Galaxy A32 so For the external features, it is a clear victory for the Redmi Note 10.

Display

Moving to the display, the Redmi Note 10 comes with a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 X 2400 Pixels. While the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 X 2400 Pixels.

For the display what separates these two smartphones are the brightness and refresh rate. The Redmi Note 10 has a brighter display, it goes as bright as 1,100 nits as claimed by Xiaomi, looking at both of the displays, it is brighter than the Samsung Galaxy A32. Where the Samsung Galaxy A32 strikes back is with its 90Hz refresh rate. Unfortunately, the Redmi Note 10 is stuck at 60Hz.

The display on both smartphones looks identical, both displays look impressive, colorful, and vibrant and that is because both display panels are made by Samsung. So for the display quality, they are the same but because the Samsung Galaxy A32 has a 90Hz refresh rate, it wins in the Display Department.

Performance

Moving on to the processors, the Redmi Note 10 comes with the snapdragon 678 chipset, it is an 11nm processor while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with the Mediatek Helio G80 processor, a 12m processor.

Which processor is better, well Antutu Benchmark thinks that the Redmi Note 10 performs better than the Samsung Galaxy A32. Same with Geek bench 5 we have higher numbers on the Redmi Note 10, same with GFXBench, same with PC mark and Performance Test mobile. All 5 performance benchmark apps say the Redmi note 10 is faster.

Redmi fans dont celebrate yet. Sometimes benchmark results don’t really tell the full story. What about real-world usage. Well from using the Samsung Galaxy A32, I notice it stutters a bit when you navigate to the Google Discover page. I also noticed when I have an app open and I exit the app and swipe left and right, it stutters. These are not big issues, I can live with them but it’s there. Maybe a software update can fix it, we know. One thing I will say is when the Samsung Galaxy A32 doesn’t stutter, because of the 90hz refresh rate scrolling is better, more fluid than the 60Hz display of the Redmi note 10.

What about gaming, for call of duty, the Samsung Galaxy A32 ran the game at medium graphics and high frame rate while the Redmi note 10 ran it at high graphics and max frame rate. Surprisingly the Redmi Note 10 did get hot and it was hanging while the Samsung Galaxy A32 ran the game well.

For Geshin Impact, the Redmi Note 10 struggled to play the game even on the lowest graphics settings. Geshin Impact brought the Redmi Note 10 down to its knees. I have never seen something like this before. As for the Samsung Galaxy A32, it played fine on the lowest graphics settings.

For real racing 3 and Asphalt 9, both smartphones ran the game well. You are really into gaming it doesn’t look like the Redmi Note 10 is the device for you. Maybe a software update would fix these issues but as of now, it has issues and I suspect it’s throttling issues as it gets really hot.

So for performance, from benchmark results, the Redmi Note 10 is the winner but when it comes to playing games, the Samsung Galaxy A32 played them better.

CAMERAS

For the front cameras, the Redmi Note 10 comes with a 13MP front-facing camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 20MP front-facing camera. To my eyes, the Redmi Note 10 takes better pictures. What about video? The Redmi note 10 video has a better dynamic range and better colors plus they look real.

Moving to the rear Cameras, The Redmi Note 10 comes with a 48MP camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 64MP main Camera. Looking at pictures captured by the main cameras, the Redmi Note 10 captures real to life pictures, the Samsung Galaxy A32 is inventing its colors, I mean the sky wasn’t this blue, the sky looked exactly like how the Redmi note 10 captured it. The Samsung Galaxy A32 64MP main camera isn’t flexing its higher Megapixel count, the details captured by the two cameras are identical and I would even give the edge to the Redmi Note 10.
Moving to the wide-angle camera, both smartphones come with an 8MP wide camera, again the Samsung Galaxy A32 tends to increase its saturation but I prefer the pictures captured by the Redmi Note 10 as it looks natural.
Night mode on both smartphones looks uninspiring. Redmi Note 10 has a 2MP macro and 2MP depth camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 2MP macro and 2MP depth camera. Macro shots don’t look that good on both smartphones but as for portrait shots, the Redmi note 10 wins it for me. Pictures just look better on the Redmi Note 10.

Battery

In terms of battery capacity, both smartphones come with a 5,000 mAh battery. But when it comes to charging time it is a different story. The Redmi Note 10 comes with a 33 watts fast charger and the device supports 33 watts charging while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 15 watts fast charger and even if you get a faster charger it isn’t going to make a difference.

For the charging time, it took the Samsung Galaxy A32 2hours 17mins to charge from 0-100% while it took the Redmi note 10 1hour 26mins to charge from 0-100%.

Conclusion

Looking at the Price, the build quality, the external features, the performance, camera, and battery life of these two smartphones, the one I will pick is the Redmi note 10. This doesn’t mean the Samsung Galaxy A32 is a bad device, no. It’s just that the Redmi Note 10 is cheaper, it has a good display that is identical to the Samsung Galaxy A32, it has good performance even though it’s terrible when it comes to playing games like Geshin Impact and Call of duty, it has better cameras, and faster battery charging time.

And on that note, the Redmi note 10 the winner of this comparison. If you are thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy A32, save yourself the hassle and buy the Samsung Galaxy A52 instead. I made a video comparing them and you should check it out.

Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Palmerbarry: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
RN10 is obviously the winner here.

The price of RN10 is cheaper on Aliexpress @ N75,000 and it comes with free band.

But I so much love Samsung's One UI.
Samsung has the best mobile hardware design so far this year with the likes of S21 Ultra, A72, A52, A22, A32, even last year's Note 20 Ultra is still superb.
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
This is a beautiful review. I was intrigued and amazed. How did you capture so much detail in your writing?
Is this a text to speech thing?
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Ajilenu: 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Palmerbarry:
RN10 is obviously the winner here.

The price of RN10 is cheaper on Aliexpress @ N75,000 and it comes with free band.

But I so much love Samsung's One UI.
Samsung has the best mobile hardware design so far this year with the likes of S21 Ultra, A72, A52, A22, A32, even last year's Note 20 Ultra is still superb.
shipping is the problem and one won't be sure if one is getting the original. It's more like a 50-50 chance, else one has a trusted dealer
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Palmerbarry: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
Ajilenu:
shipping is the problem and one won't be sure if one is getting the original. It's more like a 50-50 chance, else one has a trusted dealer
It's from their official store. And in case it falls in the wrong hands, you get your money back in full.
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Ajilenu: 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
Palmerbarry:

It's from their official store. And in case it falls in the wrong hands, you get your money back in full.
oh! Didn't know that. Thanks
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by yak(m): 9:23am On Apr 26, 2021
Valorreviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUaU-q2wnP0

Hello guys, valor reviews here, and in this video, I will be comparing the Redmi note 10 with the Samsung Galaxy A32. I will be comparing the Build quality, external features, Display, performance, cameras, and battery of both smartphones to see which smartphone is better.

Build Quality

The redmi note 10 cost N98,500 or $201 for the 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage version while the Samsung Galaxy A32 cost N113,500 or $231 for the same configuration. The price difference between these two smartphones is N15,000 or $30. Keep that in mind as we go along with the comparison.

For the build quality, both smartphones have a plastic rear and plastic frame. You can torture both smartphones and everything will be alright as long as both smartphones hit their rear. I wouldn’t be too confident dropping both smartphones face down without a screen protector but the Samsung Galaxy A32 has a higher chance of surviving as the display is protected with corning gorilla glass 5 while the Redmi Note 10 display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3. So for the build quality, the Samsung A32 wins.

As for water resistance, the Redmi Note 10 is an IP53 dust and splash-resistant smartphone. It can be submerged in water and the phone will be fine. As for the Samsung Galaxy A32, it isn’t water-resistant and the last time I put it in water, I was lucky I got away with it.

It isn’t like the Redmi Note 10 is perfect, I saw a video where the redmi note 10 failed the bend test, I am not brave or rich enough to try that out but let’s be objective, which action is more likely to happen, your smartphone falling inside water or you bending your smartphone like this? So for the build quality which one would you pick? Let me know in the comment section.

External features

For the external features, both smartphones come with a 3.5mm audio jack, a mic, USB type C port, and a speaker. The Redmi Note 10 has a second speaker located at the top over here and sound also comes out from the earpiece area so we have sound hitting you from the left side, the right side, and from the front. For gaming or watching a video on your smartphone, it can get immersive and captivating. The Samsung Galaxy A32 on the other hand has one speaker, It is kinda loud, not as loud as the Redmi Note 10 and you can easily block it when playing games making the game less enjoyable. Both smartphones have a dual nano sim card tray and a memory card slot. At the top, both smartphones have a secondary microphone, the Redmi Note 10 has an IR blaster, and of course the second speaker which I talked about. Both smartphones have volume buttons and a power button on the right side. The Power button of the Redmi Note 10 doubles as the fingerprint scanner. Samsung used a different approach as its fingerprint scanner is located on the display. It has an optical fingerprint scanner and for speed and accuracy, the side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the Redmi Note 10 is faster and more accurate. The Real question is do you want a stylish fingerprint scanner or do you want one that is fast and accurate? I’ll take the faster one. The Face Unlock feature on the Redmi Note 10 is faster than the Samsung Galaxy A32 so For the external features, it is a clear victory for the Redmi Note 10.

Display

Moving to the display, the Redmi Note 10 comes with a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 X 2400 Pixels. While the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 X 2400 Pixels.

For the display what separates these two smartphones are the brightness and refresh rate. The Redmi Note 10 has a brighter display, it goes as bright as 1,100 nits as claimed by Xiaomi, looking at both of the displays, it is brighter than the Samsung Galaxy A32. Where the Samsung Galaxy A32 strikes back is with its 90Hz refresh rate. Unfortunately, the Redmi Note 10 is stuck at 60Hz.

The display on both smartphones looks identical, both displays look impressive, colorful, and vibrant and that is because both display panels are made by Samsung. So for the display quality, they are the same but because the Samsung Galaxy A32 has a 90Hz refresh rate, it wins in the Display Department.

Performance

Moving on to the processors, the Redmi Note 10 comes with the snapdragon 678 chipset, it is an 11nm processor while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with the Mediatek Helio G80 processor, a 12m processor.

Which processor is better, well Antutu Benchmark thinks that the Redmi Note 10 performs better than the Samsung Galaxy A32. Same with Geek bench 5 we have higher numbers on the Redmi Note 10, same with GFXBench, same with PC mark and Performance Test mobile. All 5 performance benchmark apps say the Redmi note 10 is faster.

Redmi fans dont celebrate yet. Sometimes benchmark results don’t really tell the full story. What about real-world usage. Well from using the Samsung Galaxy A32, I notice it stutters a bit when you navigate to the Google Discover page. I also noticed when I have an app open and I exit the app and swipe left and right, it stutters. These are not big issues, I can live with them but it’s there. Maybe a software update can fix it, we know. One thing I will say is when the Samsung Galaxy A32 doesn’t stutter, because of the 90hz refresh rate scrolling is better, more fluid than the 60Hz display of the Redmi note 10.

What about gaming, for call of duty, the Samsung Galaxy A32 ran the game at medium graphics and high frame rate while the Redmi note 10 ran it at high graphics and max frame rate. Surprisingly the Redmi Note 10 did get hot and it was hanging while the Samsung Galaxy A32 ran the game well.

For Geshin Impact, the Redmi Note 10 struggled to play the game even on the lowest graphics settings. Geshin Impact brought the Redmi Note 10 down to its knees. I have never seen something like this before. As for the Samsung Galaxy A32, it played fine on the lowest graphics settings.

For real racing 3 and Asphalt 9, both smartphones ran the game well. You are really into gaming it doesn’t look like the Redmi Note 10 is the device for you. Maybe a software update would fix these issues but as of now, it has issues and I suspect it’s throttling issues as it gets really hot.

So for performance, from benchmark results, the Redmi Note 10 is the winner but when it comes to playing games, the Samsung Galaxy A32 played them better.

CAMERAS

For the front cameras, the Redmi Note 10 comes with a 13MP front-facing camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 20MP front-facing camera. To my eyes, the Redmi Note 10 takes better pictures. What about video? The Redmi note 10 video has a better dynamic range and better colors plus they look real.

Moving to the rear Cameras, The Redmi Note 10 comes with a 48MP camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 64MP main Camera. Looking at pictures captured by the main cameras, the Redmi Note 10 captures real to life pictures, the Samsung Galaxy A32 is inventing its colors, I mean the sky wasn’t this blue, the sky looked exactly like how the Redmi note 10 captured it. The Samsung Galaxy A32 64MP main camera isn’t flexing its higher Megapixel count, the details captured by the two cameras are identical and I would even give the edge to the Redmi Note 10.
Moving to the wide-angle camera, both smartphones come with an 8MP wide camera, again the Samsung Galaxy A32 tends to increase its saturation but I prefer the pictures captured by the Redmi Note 10 as it looks natural.
Night mode on both smartphones looks uninspiring. Redmi Note 10 has a 2MP macro and 2MP depth camera while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 2MP macro and 2MP depth camera. Macro shots don’t look that good on both smartphones but as for portrait shots, the Redmi note 10 wins it for me. Pictures just look better on the Redmi Note 10.

Battery

In terms of battery capacity, both smartphones come with a 5,000 mAh battery. But when it comes to charging time it is a different story. The Redmi Note 10 comes with a 33 watts fast charger and the device supports 33 watts charging while the Samsung Galaxy A32 comes with a 15 watts fast charger and even if you get a faster charger it isn’t going to make a difference.

For the charging time, it took the Samsung Galaxy A32 2hours 17mins to charge from 0-100% while it took the Redmi note 10 1hour 26mins to charge from 0-100%.

Conclusion

Looking at the Price, the build quality, the external features, the performance, camera, and battery life of these two smartphones, the one I will pick is the Redmi note 10. This doesn’t mean the Samsung Galaxy A32 is a bad device, no. It’s just that the Redmi Note 10 is cheaper, it has a good display that is identical to the Samsung Galaxy A32, it has good performance even though it’s terrible when it comes to playing games like Geshin Impact and Call of duty, it has better cameras, and faster battery charging time.

And on that note, the Redmi note 10 the winner of this comparison. If you are thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy A32, save yourself the hassle and buy the Samsung Galaxy A52 instead. I made a video comparing them and you should check it out.

how did ụ manage to capture the entire video in words?
Good review
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Valorreviews(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2021
YouTube subtitle.
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by Mustiboy(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
yak:

how did ụ manage to capture the entire video in words?
Good review

Reviewers write down a script, and that's what they talk about in the video.

You can't remember everything you want to say while talking on video live. You have to write everything down first, and that's what he posted here.
Re: Redmi Note 10 Vs Samsung Galaxy A32 - Which Is Better? by RuneKingThor: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
Hands down best review I have ever watched and also read shocked cool I'm subscribing right away. Keep the juicy contents coming.

(1) (Reply)

Does The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10/10 Pro Come With A Plastic Or Glass Back? / Chat With Friends All Over Nigeria And On Facebook Usin A Mobile Application-2go / Credits Keep Disappearing On My Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.