Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames (1341 Views)

Scared Man Dies After Jumping Into The Sea During A Random Police Raid In Lagos / Jonathan Adebanjo Drowns In Thames River (photo) / Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew Of Ship In The Thames Estuary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by VEXT: 7:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
20-year-old Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole has died after jumping into the River Thames in a bid to help a woman who fell off London Bridge, in United Kingdom.

The Sun UK reports that Adewole saw the woman fall into the river and jumped in the water along with another man just after midnight on Saturday, April 25. Emergency services, including the coastguard and police marine units, were called to the scene to help all three people who were in the water.

They rescued the woman and one of the men who jumped into the river to help her, but were unable to locate the other. His body was tragically found six hours later.

Jimi was on his way home from work at fine dining restaurant The Cinnamon Club in Westminster when he spotted the woman on the bridge. After seeing her fall into the water he dived in to try and save her, along with his colleague.

Describing what happened, his dad, Michael Adewola, 63, said, “Him and his friend were coming from work together, and they called the police, and saw what was happening. They wanted to help and tried to speak to her but wanted to leave it to the police.

He is a hero, and always will be, I can’t bring him back but I want him to be remembered forever for what he did, it was just like him to want to always try and help others. He would help anyone that needed it. I am proud of my son, he is amazing, but as a family we are devastated. We are just glad the woman is alive too.” �: TheSunUK

https://www.facebook.com/273102863056662/posts/1466564763710460/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by kerzhim(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
RIP to the dead. This is so unfortunate.... May Almighty Allah rest his soul in eternal peace.

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by xpressionx(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
May Hod comfort your family. Reasons I don't bear water.
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by Franzinni: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
Rip

...if it happened in nigeria they will be saying the family must buy this and buy that ..to sacrifice to mamiwater.

Or that mami water found him attractive and blah blah blah blah ... Lost a friend in elegushi just like that .

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Franzinni:
Rip

...if it happened in nigeria they will be saying the family must buy this and buy that ..to sacrifice to mamiwater.

Or that mami water found him attractive and blah blah blah blah ... Lost a friend in elegushi just like that .

Dem dey fool us ..... we dey fool ourselves!!!
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by Nonso92(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2021
RIP bro
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by Barbsamiin: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Youngboy NCB, RIP.
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by superjab247: 12:23am On Apr 26, 2021
kerzhim:
RIP to the dead. This is so unfortunate.... May Almighty Allah rest his soul in eternal peace.
This one u mention Allah so

Make I nor talk wetin dey my mind cheesy
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by superjab247: 12:25am On Apr 26, 2021
VEXT:

20-year-old Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole has died after jumping into the River Thames in a bid to help a woman who fell off London Bridge, in United Kingdom.

The Sun UK reports that Adewole saw the woman fall into the river and jumped in the water along with another man just after midnight on Saturday, April 25. Emergency services, including the coastguard and police marine units, were called to the scene to help all three people who were in the water.

They rescued the woman and one of the men who jumped into the river to help her, but were unable to locate the other. His body was tragically found six hours later.

Jimi was on his way home from work at fine dining restaurant The Cinnamon Club in Westminster when he spotted the woman on the bridge. After seeing her fall into the water he dived in to try and save her, along with his colleague.

Describing what happened, his dad, Michael Adewola, 63, said, “Him and his friend were coming from work together, and they called the police, and saw what was happening. They wanted to help and tried to speak to her but wanted to leave it to the police.

He is a hero, and always will be, I can’t bring him back but I want him to be remembered forever for what he did, it was just like him to want to always try and help others. He would help anyone that needed it. I am proud of my son, he is amazing, but as a family we are devastated. We are just glad the woman is alive too.” �: TheSunUK

Effect of too much super hero film,nigga wan form iron man.
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by double77: 4:46am On Apr 26, 2021
superjab247:
Effect of too much super hero film,nigga wan form iron man.
This why I hate china phones. it give even goat opportunity to speak.
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by superjab247: 6:48am On Apr 26, 2021
double77:

This why I hate china phones.
it give even goat opportunity to speak.
That's why I hate freebasics,it's give illiterates the access to the internet.
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 26, 2021
What the... sad

How does somebody 'fall off a bridge'

Was she 'high' or s'mthing? sad

1 Like

Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by paulolee(m): 8:25am On Apr 26, 2021
r.i.p bro....you died as a true hero...rest on
Re: 20-year-old Nigerian Boy Drowns After Jumping Into River Thames by AlphaJazz: 2:14am On Jul 04, 2021
VEXT:

Describing what happened, his dad, Michael Adewole, 63, said, “Him and his friend were coming from work together, and they called the police, and saw what was happening. They wanted to help and tried to speak to her but wanted to leave it to the police.

He is a hero, and always will be, I can’t bring him back but I want him to be remembered forever for what he did, it was just like him to want to always try and help others. He would help anyone that needed it. I am proud of my son, he is amazing, but as a family we are devastated. We are just glad the woman is alive too.” : TheSunUK

That Thames River has snuffed
the life out of unwary people.
Folajimi was selfless at just 20.
Brave son.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Black Security Guy Beat UK Lady With Sticks In Mcdonalds / This Man Was Robbed By Policemen In Asaba . Any Ideas On How To Help Him / Suspects Who Took N3m Ransom From Kidnapped Nursing Mother Arrested In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.