Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation (5914 Views)

Shun Religion, Ethnicity In Choosing Tinubu’s VP, Ex-Deputy Govs Urge APC / Unknown Gunmen And The Army — My Observation / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
I have long heard rumors about Igbo's being sidelined and not being drafted into a "fulanized" army. So I decided to statistically confirm if it's true.

According to statista.com, 15.2 percent of Nigerians are Igbo.

Therefore, I sampled 421 officers promoted by LT GEN Buratai on November 25, 2020.

My shocking observation,

62 out of 421 officers promoted have direct Igbo surnames. This equals to 14.7 percent of the promoted officers in the Nigerian Army. This is a very close call to the actual 15.2 percentage of the Igbo ethnicity.

So my question is this, isn't this military marginalization claim simply false?

NB: No Ethnic banters, no stupid comments. No unintelligent comments please.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/428234-exclusive-nigerian-army-promotes-39-brigadiers-97-colonels-285-others-full-list.html

Stat Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1203438/distribution-of-ethnic-groups-in-nigeria/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
That statistics must be from IBS ( Igbos Bureau of Statistics?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:
I didn't get you please. Did you read the post?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Ekealterego: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:
It seems your own BMC payments is based on writing on Igbo people.. Poverty is a disease... Imagine, all this stress for 40 euros monthly... kaikai! e no go better for poverty. Imagine me doing this work for 40 euros monthly? I will rather hang myself on a tree.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ekealterego:

It seems your own BMC payments is based on writing on Igbo people.. Poverty is a disease... Imagine, all this stress on 40 euros monthly... kaikai! e no go better for poverty. Imagine me doing this work for 40 euros monthly? I will rather hang myself on a tree.

We are here to debunk all your lies..

Carry this bunkum to beer parlor and discuss with your fellow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

People like you jump to conclusions without reading.
Did you even see where I said the claim was false?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:
People like you jump to conclusions without reading.

Did you even see where I said the claim was false?

Don't tell me you have already started drinking this afternoon...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by flamingREED(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Igbos are 15% of Nigerian population?
I.e 15 X 200 000 000/100
= 30 000 000?

I doubt.
We're more than that.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Ekealterego: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

At least brush up on your grammar. Pick up your certificates (if you have any) and be strategic about your future, bro... You are wasting away.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Don't tell me you have already started drinking this afternoon...
Young man, listen to me. Don't allow me to cyber bully you this morning. I'm not one of those stupid guys that engage in tribal wars and daft discussions. I live a busy and focused life outside here.

So, if you know your cognitive capacity cannot process an article and reply intelligently. Then leave here, go into the streets and find something menial to do.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ictjobber: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:

According to statistica.com

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by GTkester: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Another foolish write up

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Faithful007: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
ictjobber:

Corrected.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:
Young man, listen to me. Don't allow me to cyber bully you this morning. I'm not one of those stupid guys that engage in tribal wars and daft discussions. I live a busy and focused life outside here.

So, if you know your cognitive capacity cannot process an article and reply intelligently. Then leave here, go into the streets and find something menial to do.

Mr cognitive capacity, why did you lie about debunking the statistics of the op?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ekealterego:

At least brush up on your grammar. Pick up your certificates (if you have any) and be strategic about your future, bro... You are wasting away.

Toh, you could have get your self busy instead of being a busy body on NL..

They are always feeling threatening and aggressive whenever someone debunks their lies

grin grin
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by meccuno: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ekealterego:

It seems your own BMC payments is based on writing on Igbo people.. Poverty is a disease... Imagine, all this stress for 40 euros monthly... kaikai! e no go better for poverty. Imagine me doing this work for 40 euros monthly? I will rather hang myself on a tree.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Kalapizim(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
That talk of marginalisation is rubbish, I can confidently say there were two GOCS out of the Army eight divisions during the last Chief of army staff area.

Heck even now sef there are GOCs and branch chiefs who are igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Ekealterego: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Toh, you could have get your self busy instead of being a busy body on NL..

They are always feeling threatening and aggressive whenever someone debunks their lies

grin grin
If you were not duuummmbb, you would know that you and the useless poster are on the same Igbo-hating page... I guess being duuummb is one criterion for being a bMC thug.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Imsoblessed: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:
go school you nor gree . I sorry your fellow almajiri for Abuja wey employ you

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:
I have long heard rumors about Igbo's being sidelined and not being drafted into a "fulanized" army. So I decided to statistically confirm if it's true.

According to statista.com, 15.2 percent of Nigerians are Igbo.

Therefore, I sampled 421 officers promoted by LT GEN Buratai on November 25, 2020.

My shocking observation,

62 out of 421 officers promoted have direct Igbo surnames. This equals to 14.7 percent of the promoted officers in the Nigerian Army. This is a very close call to the actual 15.2 percentage of the Igbo ethnicity.

So my question is this, isn't this military marginalization claim simply false?

NB: No Ethnic banters, no stupid comments. No unintelligent comments please.
How many igbo generals do we have in Nigeria ...u want to be smart by half ?

How many igbo aig do we have ,.how many igbo Commissioners do igbo have in the nigerian police

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Skillsnigeria: 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by content208: 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:
I didn't get you please. Did you read the post?

Helinues never thinks before commenting. That's why he keeps displaying his shame on public space
And when they call him his well deserved names, he runs like a cry cry baby to the mods.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
content208:

Helinues never thinks before commenting. That's why he keeps displaying his shame on public space
And when they call his his well deserved names, he runs like a cry cry baby to the mods.

You don't want to troll me, I bet.

Go and ask the regular trollers on NL as it dey go..

Off irrelevant response jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by content208: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

You don't want to troll me, I bet.

Go and ask the regular trollers on NL as it dey go..

Off irrelevant response jare

What else can a cry cry baby do than to hide in the panties of mods?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
content208:

What else can a cry cry baby do than to hide in the panties of mods?

This one wey you dey go personal heh,

It be like one of your monikers don choo than thing courtesy me, bikonu save this from such
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by arantess: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:

honestly you need to stop feeding the troll
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by content208: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

This one wey you dey go personal heh,

It be like one of your monikers don choo than thing courtesy me, bikonu save this from such

You sound like you lost mental track as usual.

Your comments are unrelated to the discuss as usual.

That seems to be your new modus operandi; commenting absent sense.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
content208:

You sound like you lost mental track as usual.

Your comments are unrelated to the discuss as usual.

That seems to be your new modus operandi; commenting absent sense.

Withdrawing the attention I gave you today...

You can now talk to the hand.... grin wink
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by content208: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Withdrawing the attention I gave you today...

You can now talk to the hand.... grin wink

Yeah, go forth to make more dumb comments all over nairaland grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Taraba Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, No Victim Compensated / President Buhari To Attend Climate Change Conference In Glasgow / Mele Kyari: Tinubu Is Playing With His Office, 2027 Is Not Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.