Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation (5913 Views)

Shun Religion, Ethnicity In Choosing Tinubu’s VP, Ex-Deputy Govs Urge APC / Unknown Gunmen And The Army — My Observation / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Igbos are around 25%-30% of Nigeria's population..

Don't base you conclusion on the 5 SE states.. More than 10 million Igbos are residents out side SE and SS.. (There are up to 5millon Indeginous Igbos in Delta and Rivers State plus Igbo residents in other SS states.)
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by alfasexy: 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
I am 100% Igbo.

My army should be 100% Igbo.

Anything less is marginalisation.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by 1Alex: 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
This is what Wikipedia has to say

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ChimaAdeoye: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fulani boys in NL dishing out fake threads with fake data every day because they think every Nigerian is so gullible and lady to research anything.

You could have said Igbos were 79% of Nigerian army and 83% of Nigerian Navy. We will still believe you because we are all too lazy to verify anything told to us by a Fulani boy on NL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by oilyngbati(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
flamingREED:
Igbos are 15% of Nigerian population?
I.e 15 X 200 000 000/100
= 30 000 000?

I doubt.
We're more than that.
With the way runaway coward nnamdi cownu is leading gullible Igbo youths to their untimely death, you may be reduced to a minority soon

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Exmilitant(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
oilyngbati:
With the way runaway coward nnamdi cownu is leading gullible Igbo youths to their untimely death, you may be reduced to a minority soon
Thou art a wicked un.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
Igbos are around 25%-30% of Nigeria's population..

Don't base you conclusion on the 5 SE states.. More than 10 million Igbos are residents out side SE and SS.. (There are up to 5millon Indeginous Igbos in Delta and Rivers State plus Igbo residents in other SS states.)
IPOB bereau of lies and mis-information grin

who dash you 30%?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2021
alfasexy:
I am 100% Igbo.
My army should be 100% Igbo.
Anything less is marginalisation.
this shows the stupidity of IPOB
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by celeiyke: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2021
Faithful007:
I have long heard rumors about Igbo's being sidelined and not being drafted into a "fulanized" army. So I decided to statistically confirm if it's true.

According to statista.com, 15.2 percent of Nigerians are Igbo.

Therefore, I sampled 421 officers promoted by LT GEN Buratai on November 25, 2020.

My shocking observation,

62 out of 421 officers promoted have direct Igbo surnames. This equals to 14.7 percent of the promoted officers in the Nigerian Army. This is a very close call to the actual 15.2 percentage of the Igbo ethnicity.

So my question is this, isn't this military marginalization claim simply false?

NB: No Ethnic banters, no stupid comments. No unintelligent comments please.

How do you expect us to believe you when ur claim is not backed up with the list and their state of origin.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
Good observation.

You see marginalization is just the igbo elites way of making the government feel guilty of the civil war.

It is an industry on its own.

Igbo people claimed they are marginalized but the data says otherwise.

The only marginalized group in igboland are the osu, who are marginalized and discriminated by the igbos themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
theTranslator:

IPOB bereau of lies and mis-information grin

who dash you 30%?

Do you know how many Igbos are residents in the North and Southwest?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

don't decieve yourself
IPOB bereau of lies and mis-information
who dash you 30%?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Isobug: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:
That statistics must be from IBS ( Igbos Bureau of Statistics?
Read the post before you comment naa. Habaa
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
theTranslator:
don't decieve yourself
IPOB bereau of lies and mis-information
who dash you 30%?

At this point I can conclude that you are a braindead fellow incapable of making an intelligent discuss.
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by garfield1: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Good observation.

You see marginalization is just the igbo elites way of making the government feel guilty of the civil war.

It is an industry on its own.

Igbo people claimed they are marginalized but the data says otherwise.

The only marginalized group in igboland are the osu, who are marginalized and discriminated by the igbos themselves.

Imo state has the highest number of civil servants
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by garfield1: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

And so what? 50% of igbos are outside igboland which means igbos are about 36 million which is less than 20% of the population.

By the way,igbos are not marginalized in the army as falsely claimed
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by garfield1: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Igbochief001:

How many igbo generals do we have in Nigeria ...u want to be smart by half ?

How many igbo aig do we have ,.how many igbo Commissioners do igbo have in the nigerian police

We are talking about army.someone already said 2 out of the 8 gocs in the army are igbos.you guys shout Fulani army as if majority of Nigerian soldiers are Fulanis meanwhile you guys outnumber fulanis in the army
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by ikennamadu1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Don't tell me you have already started drinking this afternoon...
why you they behave like who them vomit...
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Isobug: 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
Is the figure not from that questionable Census of yours?
The year an accurate Census will be conducted is the year Nigerians will be shocked, that's if Nigeria will remain before then

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by theTranslator: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

At this point I can conclude that you are a braindead fellow incapable of making an intelligent discuss.
you don't know
I also don't know so why bring it up?
Igbos are 20% at most
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by justtoodark: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
you igbos are strange....you dont know who is igbo or not....
you just abuse anybody that doesnt agree on something with you....

very strange behavior....
that helineus guy is igbo....are you people daft....
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
garfield1:

We are talking about army.someone already said 2 out of the 8 gocs in the army are igbos.you guys shout Fulani army as if majority of Nigerian soldiers are Fulanis meanwhile you guys outnumber fulanis in the army
Name the army generals and how many are Igbos
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Owerri1stSon: 6:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
garfield1:

And so what? 50% of igbos are outside igboland which means igbos are about 36 million which is less than 20% of the population.

By the way,igbos are not marginalized in the army as falsely claimed

Igbos have more population than Yoruba... Forget Naija politrick census... Make your research also

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Godblessbiafraa: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Don't tell me you have already started drinking this afternoon...

As much as I hate you but your comment dey off me sometimes grin

Though quite annoying
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Godblessbiafraa:

As much as I hate you but your comment dey off me sometimes grin

Though quite annoying

Very funny... The truth is I no dey get any issues with anybody.. Forget about the politics tantrum sometimes...
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Godblessbiafraa: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

Very funny... The truth is I no dey get any issues with anybody.. Forget about the politics tantrum sometimes...

But why are you like this grin

Let's get serious
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by MrFlavvor(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
flamingREED:
Igbos are 15% of Nigerian population?
I.e 15 X 200 000 000/100
= 30 000 000?

I doubt.
We're more than that.
army population not national population Mr. smart ass
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Igbo are not marginalised as you wanna claim, yet it had to take the coming of a GEJ for a Igbo to be appointed Chief of Army Staff (first time since the time of Ironsi), and head of NDA Kaduna!

Only those who want to lie to themselves will buy your story.....and sadly, when it comes to Igbos there are many of them!
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
Godblessbiafraa:

But why are you like this grin

Let's get serious

How?
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Godblessbiafraa: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

How?

Why do you like making annoying comments
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by helinues: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Godblessbiafraa:

Why do you like making annoying comments

No, they are not annoying but mostly thought provoking...

If you check most of my comments very well, they are mostly questions
Re: Igbo Ethnicity In The Nigerian Army- My Shocking Observation by Godblessbiafraa: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
helinues:

No, they are not annoying but mostly thought provoking...

If you check most of my comments very well, they are mostly questions

Provoking questions that can make someone drink rat poison like one of our founding fathers

I no call name oo, I come in piss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orji Uzo Kalu's Mother / Nigerian Troops Begin Withdrawal From Mali Today / Breaking News- Ray Power And Ait Studios On Fire Alagbado

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.