Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo (4775 Views)

Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] / Peter Obi Commissions New Fly Over In Portharcourt / Sanwo-Olu Addresses Agege Residents On Pen-Cinema Fly-Over (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by sarrki(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ongoing taraba flyover collapsed while still on construction

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by sainteve4r(m): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nigeria my corntree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Kriss216: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
This one and Rochas flyover dey the same whatsapp group.

26 Likes

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by helinues: 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ongoing not even yet completed.

Both the state governor and the company they award the contract to should be castrated..

I can bet it that the state governor must have claimed of spending billions of Naira on this collapse bridge...

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
Billions gone..
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by baralatie(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
damn
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Enoch07: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
I just hope the engineers are foreign. but I seriously doubt that
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by qualityovenbake(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Millions of naira just went down the drain. The contractors need to be arrested ASAP. Every penny should be cough out immediately.
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Camelot65: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
What if it had been completed and vehicles already plying it.....?? Serious wahala
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Heffalump(m): 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
This is the consequence of poor engineering work.

Don't patronise quacks, they won't hear. Even State government is cutting corners to steal money. The Nigerian Society of Engineers should sponsor bills for levying failed engineering designs like this, both on the client and the contractor involved.

Thank God the bridge collapsed before it was put to use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Blackfire(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
fake news...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Ryda(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
angry Nonsense and poor architecture

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by b3llo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nigerian State Government and substandard project are 5 & 6.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Karlovych: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
grin grin This is 100 percent the handiwork of a Nigerian company. Those that bought their certificates in Civil Engineering from Oluwole University and Benin Republic must have been behind this. They blame the Chinese and Indians yet ordinary bridge they can't handle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by youngreal: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Thank God it collapsed now, than after construction
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Nigercity: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nawa oh!
Them never even finish am
Breeze don blow this one comot
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Bahrain: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
Taraba !

The name of the state sef need attention.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by owobokiri(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kriss216:
This one and Rochas flyover dey the same whatsapp group.
Lol,
Rochas na another story altogether..
Looks like he swore to a shrine that he will never do one solid structure..
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by kenny714433(m): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2021
grin

And There's no load on it except dead load... What if it was massive load coupled with vehicular vibration?

The reputation of this company has gone with the dust. Please kindly tell us the name of the company, so that anytime we see their logo we avoid it like old shit... Meanwhile, tell the governor to come and get 2x2 from me and lift the colapsed column... grin construction much go on.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by NwaNimo1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
Incompetence everywhere.....

[img]https://media1./images/1f8c7736a46059a800df67a2779b3a86/tenor.gif?itemid=7121337[/img]

See the guy with the shovel self...maybe he brought it down?
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
Thats an exact representation of Nigeria

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by powerhouse3(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
hahah

it's not easy for a corrupt governor to give you standard infrastructure...that's why people should applause Ambode for building good flyover within a short period of time....it's getting to 6 yrs +now and udom is still battling wit ekom Ima own...fucking 6+..

like okorocha like Darius , okorocha build road and within two weeks it's was showing major sign of disrepair
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Olarsview: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
unfortunately,the gov is a registered architect & a civil engineer.

how qualified are the engineers supervising the flyover

is greed a habit?
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by SLAP44: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
Dangote cement is the worst cement in the world.
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by humberjade: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
Political office holders and their substandard projects here and there.

Why won't it collapse when 60% of the money budgeted for the project has gone into kickbacks and bribes. Corruption is systematic in Nigeria, it is a cancer that has eaten deep into the fabric of the country.

My own problem is this, Nigeria is so blessed that Governors can actually do lots of standard projects and still have enough to steal, but no, greed would make them want to steal more than two generations can finish in a life time. The reason why most of them do it at all, is because of the next election.

And this whole thing nah vicious cycle...political class impoverishes the masses, so that they can be poor enough to be bribed with some small change and food, politician wins, finds means to recoup the money he spent on election, bountifully reward his benefactors, and dusts crumbs on the table of the masses thru substandard projects...and the cycle continues cry

Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Olarsview: 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
SLAP44:
Dangote cement is the worst cement in the world.

maybe,but the engineers fail to provide for shear stress in the reinforcement.
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by omowolewa: 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Must you build
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Pious101: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
Thank God it even collapse now rather than when it would have caused death after it was commissioned

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by lonecatt(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
Na red sand they use mold am
Re: Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo by Olarsview: 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ryda:
angry
I can bet my third balls they used Y16 and Y20 for the columns. Nonsense and poor architecture

what brought architecture into it. this is pure civil engineering works.

also,neither iron y16 or y20 is the problem. the breaking point is at the tip of the column....meaning there's supposed to be provision for shear stress in the reinforcement arrangements.

you can see that the other components of the flyover are still intact except the column.

I'm not a civil engineer,but I didn't pass through school,school passed through me.

go to library & update they're playing big boys on campus. that is what you gat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out / Full Speech Of Fresh Republc Of Biafra Declaration,nov 5,2012. A Funny Nation / Letter To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.