Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out (4769 Views)

10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / Abaribe Defeats Gov Ikpeazu To Win Senatorial Election In Abia State / Ifeanyi Ubah And Stella Oduah Win Senatorial Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by BleedingPen: 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2023
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has won two Senatorial seats in Edo State during the just concluded Saturday February 25, 2023 presidential and national assembly elections.

Metro Watch reports that the party won both the Edo North and Central senatorial districts, while Labour Party (LP) clinched on to the Edo South senatorial seat.

The APC had former Governor Adams Oshiomhole and Monday Okpebholo as candidates for Edo North and Central zones respectively. LP’s Barr. Neda Imasuen defeated APC’s Valentine Asuen (DVD) to win the Edo South seat.

The wins leave the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state – who hitherto occupied both the Edo South and Central senatorial zones – with no single senatorial seat in the next National Assembly.

PDP’s electoral woes in Edo started following the leadership crisis between the Governor Godwin Obaseki and Dan Orbih’s faction, a case the governor later won at the Supreme Court. Aggrieved Orbih’s camp are alleged to have worked against the governor’s candidates in the elections.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/02/26/edo-oshiomhole-apc-lp-win-senatorial-seats-pdp-loses-out/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Xscape1993(m): 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2023
Evil party and evil candidate......the founder of agberos in Nigeria, the drug landlord of Africa and the murderer of Funso Williams will never win this election.

8 Likes

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Roboto11: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
Wow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by SLAP44: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thank you Edo state, we shall be liberated together.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by orikoku: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
More wins LP.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by MikoB: 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
Adamu and lawan went to every campaign ground with tinubu but lost their polling units but Osinbajo that is fondly called judas did not attend any campaign won his polling unit and state, so who is the hypocrite here?

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
Not true
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Grit2943(m): 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thank you very much my Esan people for retiring Clifford Ordia as Edo Central senator.

Esan people have agreed that the senatorial seat will be rotated among the five local governments every eight years but this man wanted to alter that arrange.

Congratulations to Onwaine Monday, the Senator-elect.

Esan people voted candidate and not party as LP won that of Presidential

6 Likes

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by kosovo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2023
Grit2943:
Thank you very much my Esan people for retiring Clifford Ordia as Edo Central senator.

Esan people have agreed that the senatorial seat will be rotated among the five local governments every eight years but this man wanted to alter that arrange.

Congratulations to Onwaine Monday, the Senator-elect.

Esan people voted candidate and not party as LP won that of Presidential

I love Edo, very wise people..

The Senatorial candidate of PDP Edo South was former NDDC chairman, with nothing to show in Edo sTATE

And DVD was selling fuel above 500 naira.. I heard he sold some of his filling station for this election..

I am glad they both lost! Two ingrates!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by haffaze777(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Edo nah Lagos Extension las lasgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Fut9ure: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
Edo is a smart place for intelligent people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Grit2943(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2023
kosovo:

I love Edo, very wise people..

The Senatorial candidate of PDP Edo South was former NDDC chairman, with nothing to show in Edo sTATE

And DVD was selling fuel above 500 naira.. I heard he sold some of his filling station for this election..

I am glad they both lost! Two ingrates!
It serves them right!.We have no time in retiring people once they starts doing the contrary.

Lucky Igbinedion
Oshiomole
Obaseki is next in 2024.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Tflex01: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2023
Xscape1993:
Evil party and evil candidate......the founder of agberos in Nigeria, the drug landlord of Africa and the murderer of Funso Williams will never win this election.

He has won.

Pray another one.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Grit2943(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2023
haffaze777:
Edo nah Lagos Extension las lasgrin
Esan people voted individual and not party.
APC also won in my federal constituency Esan NorthEast/SouthEast while LP won that of Presidential.
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Solocoin: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
When you refuse to be Obidient that is what you get. Like this labour party will win the coming Governorship election.
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by strictly4data: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
grin
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by kosovo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Grit2943:
We have no time in retiring people once they starts doing the contrary.

Lucky Igbinedion
Oshiomole
Obaseki is next in 2024.

Obaseki is a gonner..

Anyone who wants to be governor should avoid Obaseki's endorsement!

1 Like

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Obaofaba: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
25% percent sure.

Edo want to look like Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Grit2943(m): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
kosovo:

Obaseki is a gonner..

Anyone who wants to be governor should avoid Obaseki's endorsement!
Yes oh. The man embarrassed us by doing PR on different media showing him commissioning street light🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by basilo102: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
Grit2943:
Esan people voted individual and not party.
APC also won in my federal constituency Esan NorthEast/SouthEast while LP won that of Presidential.

Educate him more.
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by basilo102: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Obaofaba:
25% percent sure.

Edo want to look like Lagos.
LP won presidential election in those places

1 Like

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by 9jaBlogger: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Sweet
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by 9jaBlogger: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2023
BleedingPen:

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/02/26/edo-oshiomhole-apc-lp-win-senatorial-seats-pdp-loses-out/

Losers:

Clifford Ordia - PDP - Edo Central

Okpebholo - PDP - Edo North

Matthew Iduoriyekheme - PDP - Edo South
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Validated: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2023
Stop lieing Edo Central cannot be declared with two LGA postponed to March 11 2023
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by honour7: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
Grit2943:
It serves them right!.We have no time in retiring people once they starts doing the contrary.

Lucky Igbinedion
Oshiomole
Obaseki is next in 2024.

No body retired Oshiomhole, he was only served breakfast, with the current performance of the Governor majority are now siding that he may have been right after all
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by sultry69(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
we told the Obituaries about the ability of the comrade ,but they kept abusing us.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by Jorussia(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
Validated:
Stop lieing Edo Central cannot be declared with two LGA postponed to March 11 2023
Its for reps.
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by 22o62021: 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
Mr Paul imasuen

I go laugh you tire tomorrow for office

I told you to join your cousin but you preffered tinubu
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by FreeStuffsNG: 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
Awesome!

The lp mob should Just stay calm so you people will not have heart attack when results start coming from the real voting bloc in Nigeria.

Congrats my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Edo: Oshiomhole, APC, LP Win Senatorial Seats, PDP Loses Out by gly(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
Validated:

I wonder !!!
OP is disgracing himself! Edo Central election is yet to be concluded due to some anomality and on that note result of that senatorial district cannot be called.

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Officials Swoop On Yahoo Boys In Akure / IBB's Rally Flops In Ibadan, Ex-dictator Fails To Show Up‎ / On Aburi We Stand: The Distortion Of Accord, By Ojukwu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.