Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Which Job Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Job Should I Go For? (13210 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which Job Should I Pick? / Please Help, Which Job Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Solatium(m): 5:50am On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:
If it's the same parastatal, pick the one in Abuja.
If you want growth, pick Abuja. If you want comfort and affordable lifestyle, pick Abeokuta.

Abuja is the headquarters of most Federal MDAs. So, if you're in the HQ, you have first hand access to opportunities, promotions and benefits before those in the state and regional offices.

However, if you want rest of mind where you leave home by 7.30 am and get to work by 7.45am, pick Abeokuta. You get to live a cool life, buy a plot in Kobape, Ogere extension, Obantoko, Alamala, or Obada oko and build an unpainted bungalow, drive a Camry and wait for retirement.

It's your choice.

If he knows what he's doing he can always get his promotion in Abeokuta,most of you overate jobs at the lagos or Abuja,like when you are in HQ you will be bla blah blah in 2yrs.
What gives you the assurance that he will cope in Abuja? has he got ₦500k per annum to rent a fairly good room and parlor?
what is wrong in living in an unpainted bungalow and driving camry in Abeokuta if that is what his salary can afford?

I live in Lagos and I will gladly leave Lagos for either of Ìbàdàn or Oshogbo if i can earn what i earn presently
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by yetunsbay(m): 5:51am On Apr 28, 2021
Op, Abeokuta naaw
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Abid2020(m): 6:22am On Apr 28, 2021
BBYYOLA:
Between two job offers one in Abuja and the other one in Abeokuta of the same salary which do you suggest one should go for. Both the two jobs are federal. Thank you
In this case, you gonna consider the cheaper one to live so that you make vast savings annually

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by egopersonified(f): 7:30am On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:
If you want growth, pick Abuja. If you want comfort and affordable lifestyle, pick Abeokuta.

Abuja is the headquarters of most Federal MDAs. So, if you're in the HQ, you have first hand access to opportunities, promotions and benefits before those in the state and regional offices.

However, if you want rest of mind where you leave home by 7.30 am and get to work by 7.45am, pick Abeokuta. You get to live a cool life, buy a plot in Kobape, Ogere extension, Obantoko, Alamala, or Obada oko and build an unpainted bungalow, drive a Camry and wait for retirement.

It's your choice.

See Nigerian dream, build an unpainted bungalow. Very funny

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by VTJN(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2021
richmond500:
Go for Abj, connection too plenty for there, u could luckily date a rich mans daughter self grin
Are you a leech or jingolo? which one do you belong?
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by VTJN(m): 8:03am On Apr 28, 2021
salveoP:
Where Una dey see this federal jobs self...make Una cut soap for me oooo
I swear down!

two federal jobs, this life no just balance walai!

where person never see half sef! it is well!
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Cerebellum: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

It's your choice.

You're cool and intelligent
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by vinceobe: 8:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Bros. come tell me where una still dey get these jobs? Federal jobs for that matter!! Some friends and I are still searching for jobs for more than ten years now, no way. This Nigeria na wah oooh.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Wickedfacts: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Solatium:

If he knows what he's doing he can always get his promotion in Abeokuta,most of you overate jobs at the lagos or Abuja,like when you are in HQ you will be bla blah blah in 2yrs.
What gives you the assurance that he will cope in Abuja? has he got ₦500k per annum to rent a fairly good room and parlor?
what is wrong in living in an unpainted bungalow and driving camry in Abeokuta if that is what his salary can afford?

I live in Lagos and I will gladly leave Lagos for either of Ìbàdàn or Oshogbo if i can earn what i earn presently

You don't know anything about Federal civil service, you are just typing out of emotions. No one will promote someone in Abuja over those in the state offices. Opportunities for secondment, training, travels and Co usually get snapped up by those in Abuja. Go ask anywhere.

I guess your dream is to live in an unpainted bungalow. Nothing wrong with that, just that many people want more than that in life.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Solatium(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

You don't know anything about Federal civil service, you are just typing out of emotions. No one will promote someone in Abuja over those in the state offices. Opportunities for secondment, training, travels and Co usually get snapped up by those in Abuja. Go ask anywhere.

I guess your dream is to live in an unpainted bungalow. Nothing wrong with that, just that many people want more than that in life.

All the aforementioned are Politics of work place, some people are in Abuja and couldn't get all those you mentioned,When you find yourself in a corporate environment private or public two options are open to you.

1..Play the politics with them to move your career forward,but also remember that when the table turn you will be consumed by the same politics.

2..Do your job and never affiliate yourself to any party within the environment,your dues and other extra might not come on time,but when it does come everyone will know you are patient for it.

so the choice is yours.
What is wrong in living in an unpainted bungalow provided i own it? Na Abuja you go die put? you no go retire again?
Na people like una dey retire without nothing on top say you wan build your first house for Ikoyi.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by richmond500: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2021
VTJN:
Are you a leech or jingolo? which one do you belong?
a leechly jigolo.

U see in life, there are a lot of opportunities, if it comes to u, grab it with both hands
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by VTJN(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2021
richmond500:
a leechly jigolo.

U see in life, there are a lot of opportunities, if it comes to u, grab it with both hands
Hmmm.. Nigerians! I hail thee
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by richmond500: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2021
VTJN:
Hmmm.. Nigerians! I hail thee
Thanks for the up vote. moreover what is bad in dating a rich man's daughter? They are also humans, don't discriminate them
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Adelivinggreat(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2021
BBYYOLA:
Between two job offers one in Abuja and the other one in Abekuta of the same salary which do you suggest one should go for. Both the two jobs are federal. Thank you
Choose Abuja. Abeg help me find work too. I need connect

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by TVTKOKO(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

It's your choice.
pls are you in Abeokuta presently?
Whats the price for a plot of land in the places you just mentioned?
I'm in kaduna btw. Thanks
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by VTJN(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
richmond500:
Thanks for the up vote. moreover what is bad in dating a rich man's daughter? They are also humans, don't discriminate them
Lol, you funny no be small

I'm not descriminating anyone!
The thought of you having to date a Rich man's daughter is what is referred to as DESCRIMINATION

What happened to the poor man's daughter? Why the Rich man's daughter?

Besides you sounded as if Rich men daughter marry just anyhow guy that cross their path, far from it bro!

The Rich obviously marry The Rich

before a Rich man's daughter can consider a poor man's son Then such kinda guy has a potential
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by SaintUlot: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

It's your choice.

What could happen if he paint his bungalow?
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Wickedfacts: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
SaintUlot:

What could happen if he paint his bungalow?

Most people don't paint their houses in Abeokuta. They believe if they paint the outside, it will attract thieves.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Wickedfacts: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
TVTKOKO:

There's someone who may be able to help.

momove4real25
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Wickedfacts: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
Solatium:

All the aforementioned are Politics of work place, some people are in Abuja and couldn't get all those you mentioned,When you find yourself in a corporate environment private or public two options are open to you.

1..Play the politics with them to move your career forward,but also remember that when the table turn you will be consumed by the same politics.

2..Do your job and never affiliate yourself to any party within the environment,your dues and other extra might not come on time,but when it does come everyone will know you are patient for it.

so the choice is yours.
What is wrong in living in an unpainted bungalow provided i own it? Na Abuja you go die put? you no go retire again?
Na people like una dey retire without nothing on top say you wan build your first house for Ikoyi.

I won't argue with you. Get a FG job and go sit down in Abeokuta. You hear?
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by haffaze777(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2021
TVTKOKO:
Kobape between 600,000 to 1,000,000 Ogere extension this is not part of Abeokuta. Obantoko between 700,000 to 1.5 million. Alamala 500,000 to 800,000 or Obada oko between 1,000,000 to 2,500,000.magbon 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 or Laderin between 5million to 10 million,hope this help?
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Solatium(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

I won't argue with you. Get a FG job and go sit down in Abeokuta. You hear?

Obviously you don't know how Civil service works, there are Parastatals who domiciled outside of Abuja and Lagos,no be everything dey dey Abuja, DPR is in Lagos,NPA in Lagos,CRIN in ìbàdàn,NIORT in Ibadan and several other federal jobs,there are even federal secretariat in ìbàdàn for your information,no be people dey head this agencies?
You think all federal jobs are Federal secretariat and Abuja base.
Una go dey talk like say na una know everything without a proper research
If he want to stays in Abeokuta and have rest of mind that is okay by him,you think say na everybody dey like stressful life.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by BBYYOLA: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
Yes
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by momove4real25(f): 7:11pm On May 01, 2021
Wickedfacts:

There's someone who may be able to help.

momove4real25
08161375559. Choice area, budget, use will determine
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by SaintUlot: 9:31am On May 04, 2021
Wickedfacts:

Most people don't paint their houses in Abeokuta. They believe if they paint the outside, it will attract thieves.

Is that really true or just a mere assumption? Going by the assumption, the car will give more attraction than house

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / Teaching Vacancy / Fastest Ways To Identify Fake (scam) Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.