Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Which Job Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Job Should I Go For? (13220 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which Job Should I Pick? / Please Help, Which Job Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by richmond500: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA:
Between two job offers one in Abuja and the other one in Abekuta of the same salary which do you suggest one should go for. Both the two jobs are federal. Thank you
Go for Abj, connection too plenty for there, u could luckily date a rich mans daughter self grin

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
Wickedfacts:
If it's the same parastatal, pick the one in Abuja.
If you want growth, pick Abuja. If you want comfort and affordable lifestyle, pick Abeokuta.

Abuja is the headquarters of most Federal MDAs. So, if you're in the HQ, you have first hand access to opportunities, promotions and benefits before those in the state and regional offices.

However, if you want rest of mind where you leave home by 7.30 am and get to work by 7.45am, pick Abeokuta. You get to live a cool life, buy a plot in Kobape, Ogere extension, Obantoko, Alamala, or Obada oko and build an unpainted bungalow, drive a Camry and wait for retirement.

It's your choice.
unpainted bungalow.

3 Likes

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
my question is who takes care of the rent? if nah u abeokuta noni
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by oyejideogunjumo: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA:
Between two job offers one in Abuja and the other one in Abekuta of the same salary which do you suggest one should go for. Both the two jobs are federal. Thank you
I will advise you to take Abuja.
Abuja is a land of opportunities being the FCT.
Although the opportunities may not be forthcoming immediately but it has more prospect than Abeokuta.
Cost of living in Abeokuta is low compared to Abuja but by the time you are used to Abuja and it's opportunities you will be glad you did.
Abuja is far from relatives who may be bombarding you without settling down on your own first unlike N500 transportation from Lagos to Abeokuta. You will be receiving visitors every weekend.
Just be careful at Abuja. Chose friends wisely and learn fast to cope with the speed.
God bless you
My own opinion

4 Likes

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by grandstar(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA

Let me drop my honest 3 cents because I'm not working in the federal Civil service. Let me not claim expert like some peeps will.

If you want a cheap and no stress place to live, choose Abeokuta.

If you choose Abuja, that place isn't cheap and transport to work there is a nightmare. I also feel that job promotion prospects may be better in Abuja as that is the center of activity.

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
musicproducer:
my question is who takes care of the rent? if nah u abeokuta noni
lol
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Olochee: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello all, please I need a job. I studied Biochemistry and I'm currently based in Abuja. I can do any legal work.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by salveoP(m): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
Where Una dey see this federal jobs self...make Una cut soap for me oooo
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Olayetan(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA:

If you're the type that knows how to mingle to build connections, pick Abuja, but if you're not, pick Abk.
Abk is more affordable, easy lifestyle, you can easily live in an estate with affordable rents and no much stress going out and in there but you may not be opened to many opportunities or connections...
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by IvarDboneless: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!
If you don smoke like this na only.."the fvck Niggar" your brain go dey reason you.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by drLammy(m): 10:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad If u knw anybody u can live with in Abuja,go there. Mind U,dnt sell/give the Abuja slot to that one up here.If he buy the slot,he won't go to office.Even if he go,nah bribe his type go dey run after.If u wan help,give it to a responsible person undecided not Criminals

Nawa o
Because of his moniker I guess you already concluded how irresponsible he is
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by AgentGoat: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Wickedfacts:
If you want growth, pick Abuja. If you want comfort and affordable lifestyle, pick Abeokuta.

Abuja is the headquarters of most Federal MDAs. So, if you're in the HQ, you have first hand access to opportunities, promotions and benefits before those in the state and regional offices.

However, if you want rest of mind where you leave home by 7.30 am and get to work by 7.45am, pick Abeokuta. You get to live a cool life, buy a plot in Kobape, Ogere extension, Obantoko, Alamala, or Obada oko and build an unpainted bungalow, drive a Camry and wait for retirement.

It's your choice.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by andyblinks05: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA:
are from yola?
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by ipobarethieves: 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
angry sad grin bia angry! Show me where I mention anybody Monika/say d person is irresponsible sad?
drLammy:

Nawa o
Because of his moniker I guess you already concluded how irresponsible he is
undecided angry
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by sniperr007(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

Abeeg!!!!
Gimme the link to one biko......

I'd suggest u stick to that of Abeokuta bro......
Abuja aint meant for starters........

Me oh.

I will choose abuja.life in Abeokuta slow but it's cheap and affordable.

Well depends on what you want in life.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Exodora: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Where una dey see all this job sef. Baba God pick up my call !
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by ikorodureporta: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Abuja na north .. che you hear say Boko don dey nearby Niger state?? grin
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by id4sho(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
State the Agencies for better help
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by JubrinElSudan: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Consider security first. Which of the two locations looks prone to be overrun by insecurity in the future? Or whose major route(which you might be plying later) will be taken over by kidnappers.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nickymezor(f): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
OP, follow ur heart.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by flokii: 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Depending on the nature of the job, in Abuja, you'd meet and roll with high class people but Abk is better if you have a business of your own or your kind of job has to do with inspection/checks and regular egunjes.
So choose wisely.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
I am reading some comments who are asking the op to choose abuja because of connection.Ot is not always easy to get connection because you will meet Oga PA who will tell you Oga is not around.

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
flokii:
Depending on the nature of the job, in Abuja, you'd meet and roll with high class people but Abk is better if you have a business of your own or your kind of job has to do with inspection/checks and regular egunjes.
So choose wisely.
How you wan take meet them?Them get society
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by ebullient19(f): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Please I need a customer related job in Akwa Ibom or any other state. I really don't mind relocating to anywhere in order to work and earn a living.

I was recently invited for a training with Wema bank in Lagos State but I didn't honour the invite because I wasn't able to finance my transportation and accommodation issues.

Help a sister mbok
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by flokii: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
Joysticks:
How you wan take meet them?Them get society

They are there.. churches, sports club, gardens etc.
Just think big like a big boy would. the ideas will come
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Olumyyde(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
Location has nothing to do with promotion. When it's time, you go for your exams and be promoted accordingly. Let's be guided please.

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
flokii:

They are there.. churches, sports club, gardens etc.
Just think big like a big boy would. the ideas will come
It is not always easy as you have said.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by flokii: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Joysticks:
I am reading some comments who are asking the op to choose abuja because of connection.Ot is not always easy to get connection because you will meet Oga PA who will tell you Oga is not around.

You dey hear things like 'Abuja connection'.. mafo
Just one right link in the seat of power can change a person's life foreever and ever. We're talking Senators, Judges, Honourable rep members, Ministers not to talk of Corporate head offices of multinationals in Abuja. Don't go there o.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by flokii: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
Joysticks:
It is not always easy as you have said.

I agree.. the city is one kind. A JJC for instance can't just navigate and get links, it takes a while.
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by samwillyco1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
BBYYOLA:

If both offers are from one ministry go to Abuja, you will grow faster and get connected more, but won't be easy for you if you don't know anybody to stay with for the main time.

Please help me with a job if you can, it's over 7years no job after graduation.
07065430863 is my Number
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by Drone95(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2021
Abk is cool, you can get connection in abk too if your limbs/legs are long enough cheesy
Re: Which Job Should I Go For? by yetunsbay(m): 5:49am On Apr 28, 2021
Wickedfacts:

It's your choice.
second Issa a gooooal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teaching Vacancy / Fastest Ways To Identify Fake (scam) Jobs In Nigeria / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.