Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka (17402 Views)

IPOB Rejects Naming 2nd Niger Bridge After President Buhari / Clark To FG: Withdraw Naming Of Rail Stations After Jonathan, Awolowo. / After Wole Soyinka Another Northerner Cries Out Says President Buhari Is Not Inc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by jneutron4000: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2021
Terrible way of reporting, they just wanted the name to be someone they respect from their community, that's all not that they do not respect or love Wole Soyinka. The way news are presented in this country eh he get as he be.

3 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by goodnessme1(f): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2021
Yoruba hate themselves.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by ArewaNightmare: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Address me properly as Otunba JuliusMalema else you will be ignored.
You don't have respect.

but this ur name get as e sounds for Igboland oo
OTU MBA = Neighbouring village kpekus

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by KoshCAD: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
South-West don't love themselves..

So much hate in a single region.

Give them Oduduwa republic, in the next 2 Weeks they will start Inviting JuliusMalema, Ecowas and UN for peace keeping Mission..

If my coming to Oodua republic will make them live in peace and love each other, then I will do it for humanity sake... because I can't sit by and watch people exterminate themselves from the surface of this earth

Otunba JuliusMalema Speaking..
Oponu, is that how you name school after your nightmare okorocha and Joe igbokwe.

Osu

3 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Hope you read or your bitterness didn't allow you to comprehend, Kanu Nnamdi declare stoning nwodo to death

Yorubas hate themselves.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by KoshCAD: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Yorubas hate themselves.
OSU, guess the name they asked the governor to name it belongs to your father.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by chatinent: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2021
Ok o
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by clothingonline(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2021
The old name is unique
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by ThatFairGuy1: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2021
angry
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2021
KoshCAD:
OSU, guess the name they asked the governor to name it belongs to your father.

Yorubas hate themselves.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by vRendoh(m): 11:06am On Apr 27, 2021
That a community opted for another name does not represent hatred. We all know what politicians do by bypassing standards for their selfish interests. If they had a stronger personality they want to honour first so be it. Governments should learn and do the people choice especially like this one

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Kinzo0917(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2021
Jackson105:
See ipob lunatics that are about to kill themselves finish convulsing here.

Nonsense
. Why all this tribal insults? What do you guys gain from all this? Tell mw What have you gained from this? Does it makes you fulfilled? No wonder Africa is not moving forward. Too much tribal sentiments. I don't know why nairaland don't ban people like you. You need sense mate.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Minjim: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2021
This Yoruba monarch is shortsighted.

The level of awareness, support and exposure the name of Professor Wole Soyinka will bring to that town can't be compare with what the person they want it named after can do.

This is not an omoluabi behaviour at all and I know the Osun Govt will never give in to such triviality. Kings ought to preach unity among Yoruba not promoting what can cause disunity
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Stomoney(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2021
Baba quiet undecided who give you that title. It shows from your comments that you're a bastard Yoruba man. A real yooba will never insult his tribe in public, Ile la tin ba Omo wi. In addition, try to dey read in detail and find a better interpreter before commenting.
God bless Nigeria
God bless every tribes
God bless me. Ire oooo
Juliusmalema:

Address me properly as Otunba JuliusMalema else you will be ignored.

You don't have respect.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Kreme(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Give them Oduduwa republic, in the next 2 Weeks they will start Inviting JuliusMalema, Ecowas and UN for peace keeping Mission..

If my coming to Oodua republic will make them live in peace and love each other, then I will do it for humanity sake... because I can't sit by and watch people exterminate themselves from the surface of this earth

Is this how stupid you are?

1 Like

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by newdawnlive: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

liar, why will sensible government leave all the past hero and icon name in his state to pick another person from far state, charity should begin at home, IMO

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by wink2015(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2021
Wole Soyinka has been honoured with a nobel peace prize for literature.

He is a globally recognized resource person.

What honour could have been better than an International honour?
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Alawode01(m): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2021
OK,the school need to have another name when margin the school, the name can also change if the system is change, but if not its not fair enough it sound bai's or partial, if it need to immortalise the name of anybody hope they make establish or from another existing institutions,if they don't want to fuel the crisis or cause new.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Bashir75: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

YOUR PARENTS MUST BE REGRETTING SENDING YOU TO SCHOOL BECAUSE IT’S OBVIOUSLY, A WASTE. IF NAH YOUR IPOBIAN LEADER SEND YOU TELL HIM Y’ALL ARE UNFORTUNATE BEINGS. YOUR NEMESIS & SHADOWS CHASING IS A RESULT OF YOUR EVILS AND WICKED SOULS. GO AND DEAL WITH YOUR REGION GOING TATTERED.

NOTE: THE SCHOOL NEVER REJECTED WOLE SOYINKA AS YORUBA HATING YORUBA, BUT THE OBA PREFERRED THE SCHOOL NAMED AFTER ONE OF THEIR PROGENITOR WHO WAS A COMMUNITY LEADER IN THAT TOWN. HOW IS THAT A REJECTION OF SOYINKA? AS A YORUBAMAN OF LAGOS ORIGIN WHO LIKES SOYINKA, I WILL LIKE THE SCHOOL NAMED AFTER THEIR LATE LEADER BECAUSE IT DOESN'T TAKE THE SHINE OF SOYINKA BUT IT SHINES MORE LIGHT ON OUR FORGOTTEN ANCESTORS.
[color=#770077][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by olumbest(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2021
The request is honorable. There's no hate in that but love.
They love their own hero and want to bestow what they think he deserves on him.

Don't you think that giving it to Soyinka is like 'the rich getting richer'?
Ejigbo people have spoken well abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by ejimatic: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2021
MyopicMods:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/osun-community-rejects-naming-of-school-after-wole-soyinka/
. I am happy with this development.I am among those that dislike naming schools arbitrarily.Of what relevance is Soyinka to Ejigbo and Osun State? Is there a school named after him in Ogun State where he comes from? Aregbesola had vested interest in name choice .Good move by Ejigbo people.I strongly support you.

4 Likes

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Never4getU: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2021
Their reason not bad after all.. naming the school after the late King not entirely bad in itself.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Ashirioluwa: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2021
Tell this ass licker to shut up. The school in question is a government funded school so naming the school after Soyinka is not a crime.

This oba never complained during the naming ceremony. No respect for all these traditional rulers in Nigeria anymore.

This same man will not say anything if the school is named after Tinubu. All is about money because they know Soyinka doesn’t have cash to give to anyone.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Ojiofor: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

grin

I am just Loling.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Hassanmaye(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hahahahahaha wickedness why will thou do this to lauret in litherature grin grin
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by FLYFIRE(m): 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
REJECTING any SHADES of buhari is VERY VERY WELCOMED. REJECT any & EVERYTHING that relates to the ABYSMAL FAILURE called buhari & APC.
Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Omoboricash(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
DennisEche:
WHEN TWO ELEPHANT FIGHTS NA GROUND GO SURFER, RAUF ARAGBESOLA ND THE GOV SHOULD SHEET THEIR SWORD
Shield their swords not sheet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka by Ephemmm: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
[s]
alfasexy:
These people just hate each other.
[/s]

This is what happens when emotion has overtaken someone's sense of comprehension and reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Paris For Official Visit, Peace Forum / US Tornadoes: Buhari Condoles With American Govt Over Deaths, Destructions / Why Presidency Arms Probe Was Disbanded — Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.