Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Professional Catfish Expert Needed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Professional Catfish Expert Needed (457 Views)

Raingun Expert Needed / Professional Catfish EGG Hatching Service Provider / Professional Catfish Spawner For Your Hatchery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Catfish Expert Needed by Temicoin: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders, I'm a single 30 years old guy planning to settle down later this year. I decided to go into Agriculture in order to get a means of sustaining myself and family. I've tried so many things unsuccessfully (even tried to Japa last year but was denied)

I'm new in the agric space. Having learnt about the different value chain. I've decided to settle for Catfish and poultry farming.

But I intend to start with fish farming because of its relatively low startup capital compared to the poultry farm. I have an acre of land somewhere in Ogun state to begin. I've earmarked a plot out of it to run this project.

I am in need of professionals as consultant to help with the setup. I've gotten some training also. I'm hoping to begin with between ₦300k-₦500k

I also need professional advice on which area of catfish farming to start with as a newbie. Either the hatchery or fingerlings to table size or smoking.

As soon as I begin , I'll update NL on my progress.

Mr. Lalasticlala
Mr. Seun please I wish to get input from Nairalanders as soon as possible. Kindly help push to the frontpage please.

Please help a brother. Thanks
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by CrimeBuster: 6:45am On Apr 27, 2021
Following
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by skedman(m): 7:03am On Apr 27, 2021
Hello ,agriculture is not for you
Those that venture into agriculture are the ones who have enough capital to play with
Kindly take my advice
If you like agriculture involve yourself in buying and selling rather than rearing .
Eg buy red oil for N10000 and sell for N20,000
Though it involves travelling but it is more profitable
I am a living witness
I invested in catfish 2013 with approximately 1000 fingerling
however the business was moving because my fish were bigger I fed them with coppens feed besides I sold them in pieces and not kilo
But suddenly the trend changed .they now sell with kilo the weight of the fish was a priority.
we started feeding them with the local feed which does not floot .
If the fish does not feed on them it become waste.
To cut the story short I invested 100,000 and the fish were all bought 19,000
I paid my cousin working for me 10,000
It became a story.
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by RipeJobs: 6:10pm On May 20, 2021
Chat me up on whatsapp for pros and cons of catfish 07057646213
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by philo04(m): 10:14pm On May 20, 2021
Call me 08061308431
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by emman44(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2021
Temicoin:
Good morning Nairalanders, I'm a single 30 years old guy planning to settle down later this year. I decided to go into Agriculture in order to get a means of sustaining myself and family. I've tried so many things unsuccessfully (even tried to Japa last year but was denied)

I'm new in the agric space. Having learnt about the different value chain. I've decided to settle for Catfish and poultry farming.

But I intend to start with fish farming because of its relatively low startup capital compared to the poultry farm. I have an acre of land somewhere in Ogun state to begin. I've earmarked a plot out of it to run this project.

I am in need of professionals as consultant to help with the setup. I've gotten some training also. I'm hoping to begin with between ₦300k-₦500k

I also need professional advice on which area of catfish farming to start with as a newbie. Either the hatchery or fingerlings to table size or smoking.

As soon as I begin , I'll update NL on my progress.

Mr. Lalasticlala
Mr. Seun please I wish to get input from Nairalanders as soon as possible. Kindly help push to the frontpage please.

Please help a brother. Thanks

I will advise you start with hatching considering the amount you have. You will need borehole and at least 2 ponds to start with and a generator that can power pumping machine. Where in Ogun state is the proposed farmland is?
Re: Professional Catfish Expert Needed by Fish4wealth: 7:14pm On May 22, 2021
Catfish farming like any other livestock farming has its share of risks/challenges hence having a knowledge of such risks is pivotal in decision making.
Like you rightly said, you've "learnt about catfish value chains" good! Compare and contrast (production or trading)....
Critical to any business is SALES... meaning, if you choose production, you need to factor all the costs and I can tell you for free, #300k-#500k wouldn't be enough.....

Need free counselling check out my facebook page agrohubcoop1 for one on one counselling.

Wish you the very best as you explore all available options

(1) (Reply)

Which Chemical Can I Spray On Cassava To Keep Animal Off My Farm / Long-tailed Indian Peacocks / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.