Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? (1751 Views)

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia / I Want To Emigrate To Togo Or Benin republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
I've been thinking about moving to another African country to work. The goal is Europe or North America, but in the meantime, I want to go somewhere sane. The crime rate, dwindling exchange rate, poverty and the lack of value of the Naira has made me even more desperate to leave this place. I graduated from the University a year ago and I don't really have anything of my own so it won't be really hard to decide to leave. The requirements to go to either of these countries are not as strict as many others. I plan to find a job, rent a place and live in either of these countries (Ghana or Benin Republic) for the next 5 years possibly. Which of these would be better in terms of security, minimum wage and career growth? I hope someone with experience on this can answer these questions. Thank you.
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Stomoney(m): 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
I think Ghana is better
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
Stomoney:
I think Ghana is better

In terms of everything listed there?
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Stomoney(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
Yeah I think so
Kaycee18:

In terms of everything listed there?
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kusheer(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
How far op am also planning to move to Ghana soon I think we can move together
You can reach me on. WhatsApp let's talk
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kusheer:
How far op am also planning to move to Ghana soon I think we can move together
You can reach me on. WhatsApp let's talk

Alright. I'll send you a message now
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
As horrible as it sounds with regards to tech, Nigeria has the second most number of jobs on the continent after south africa. Most of the money with regards to tech funding is coming to Nigeria. When I was job hunting last year, I had some interviews with some ghanaian firms and the money is nothing to write home about especially with regards to living in accra. That place is very expensive and everything there cost thrice of what it cost in Nigeria. If I was to relocate to any country in africa it would be south africa. Anywhere else is a waste of time and you will regret it bitterly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
As horrible as it sounds with regards to tech, Nigeria has the second most number of jobs on the continent after south africa. Most of the money with regards to tech funding is coming to Nigeria. When I was job hunting last year, I had some interviews with some ghanaian firms and the money is nothing to write home about especially with regards to living in accra. That place is very expensive and everything there cost thrice of what it cost in Nigeria. If I was to relocate to any country in africa it would be south africa. Anywhere else is a waste of time and you will regret it bitterly.

Thankfully, tech isn't my field. I'm leaning towards the hospitality, education or secretarial fields
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by FiverrTutor(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Kaycee18:

Thankfully, tech isn't my field. I'm leaning towards the hospitality, education or secretarial fields

Then forget those 2 countries and move to Gambia or Ruanda instead. You will fair better there in those fields you listed above
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by lonlytroy(m): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Tell them abeg, who get ear make he hear
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by PetroDolla2020: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Go to Benin Republic. I don’t think there is any more room for more Nigerians in Ghana.

Kaycee18:
I've been thinking about moving to another African country to work. The goal is Europe or North America, but in the meantime, I want to go somewhere sane. The crime rate, dwindling exchange rate, poverty and the lack of value of the Naira has made me even more desperate to leave this place. I graduated from the University a year ago and I don't really have anything of my own so it won't be really hard to decide to leave. The requirements to go to either of these countries are not as strict as many others. I plan to find a job, rent a place and live in either of these countries (Ghana or Benin Republic) for the next 5 years possibly. Which of these would be better in terms of security, minimum wage and career growth? I hope someone with experience on this can answer these questions. Thank you.
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Princedapace(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
lonlytroy:

Tell them abeg, who get ear make he hear

Oga, people just want to move to where they can at least live without fear abeg.

I can't even travel by road anymore in Nigeria.

Op, pls move and hustle. No place is easy. Even in Europe, and America, it is not easy. A friend who moved her husband to the USA, the man didn't see job for months. She also gets broke sometimes.

But she is happier living in a sane country. Pls move to any place where ur peace is paramount. Nigeria is chaotic, unorganized, extremely dangerous and u could sleep and wake up one day to hear that airports have been shuts due to war or massive Insecurity.

I always tell people migrating never expect to expect it to be easy. Even in Germany, many Nigerians are jobless and broke. But bro, they at least live in a sane country.

I strongly advice u move and think of business u can do. One of our biggest problems in this part of the world is our mentality to always look for job. We can always think on how to create jobs. My job enables me to work for clients abroad and I'm always amazed on how they create jobs. They are always thinking of creating jobs. Move to a sane country and look for small jobs while u look and plan to create a business there. If u are smart, u will shine. Snane environment is very important. Nigerians even behave like mad people. When u drive, when u go out, almost everyone is behaving like a mad person. Gush.
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 29, 2021
Kaycee18:

If your looking to travel to earn minimum wage ,then forget those two countries: 1) Ghana will never give another national a good job where their people are looking for jobs, if u must go to ghana just be a free lancer, or a business man , that country and its people are poor and u have to understand their language to do menial or technical jobs.
2) Benin republic is also good but not jobs like ghana, worst is that you must understand french to fit in
.you have a better opportunity to teach english in their major towns if you understand their language

In terms of value of currency, naira is much more valuable that the cfa and cedis, I speak in terms of its purchasing power. While your 200naira can gibe you rice and stew in any buka in Nigeria, the equivalent of that money in cfa or cedis can only get you a bottle of water and biscuit.

If you must really travel look further away from those 2, and before you travel learn some skills and language or start practising by working in hospitality sector in Nigeria, no matter how bad the pay is you are more assured of survival here till you get more money and skills for travel.

Kenya is a good destination too and cost of livinģ is moderate, I have been in Nairobi since this year, low crime rate, low hostility towards foreigners and good for buying and selling wares, better still you can get a good job if you qualify..My friends say Mozambique and botswana are great too..but then you need money...

2 Likes

Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2021
Princedapace:

Oga, people just want to move to where they can at least live without fear abeg.

I can't even travel by road anymore in Nigeria.

Op, pls move and hustle. No place is easy. Even in Europe, and America, it is not easy. A friend who moved her husband to the USA, the man didn't see job for months. She also gets broke sometimes.

But she is happier living in a sane country. Pls move to any place where ur peace is paramount. Nigeria is chaotic, unorganized, extremely dangerous and u could sleep and wake up one day to hear that airports have been shuts due to war or massive Insecurity.

I always tell people migrating never expect to expect it to be easy. Even in Germany, many Nigerians are jobless and broke. But bro, they at least live in a sane country.

I strongly advice u move and think of business u can do. One of our biggest problems in this part of the world is our mentality to always look for job. We can always think on how to create jobs. My job enables me to work for clients abroad and I'm always amazed on how they create jobs. They are always thinking of creating jobs. Move to a sane country and look for small jobs while u look and plan to create a business there. If u are smart, u will shine. Snane environment is very important. Nigerians even behave like mad people. When u drive, when u go out, almost everyone is behaving like a mad person. Gush.

Thank you. That's exactly what I think, it's not easy anywhere, not even here. I just want to be able to live in peace, not worry about the next crazy thing that's going to happen in this country. I know it won't be easy at first, but in the long run, it'll be worth it, hopefully.
Re: Would You Relocate To Ghana Or Benin Republic? by Kaycee18: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

If your looking to travel to earn minimum wage ,then forget those two countries: 1) Ghana will never give another national a good job where their people are looking for jobs, if u must go to ghana just be a free lancer, or a business man , that country and its people are poor and u have to understand their language to do menial or technical jobs.
2) Benin republic is also good but not jobs like ghana, worst is that you must understand french to fit in
.you have a better opportunity to teach english in their major towns if you understand their language

In terms of value of currency, naira is much more valuable that the cfa and cedis, I speak in terms of its purchasing power. While your 200naira can gibe you rice and stew in any buka in Nigeria, the equivalent of that money in cfa or cedis can only get you a bottle of water and biscuit.

If you must really travel look further away from those 2, and before you travel learn some skills and language or start practising by working in hospitality sector in Nigeria, no matter how bad the pay is you are more assured of survival here till you get more money and skills for travel.

Kenya is a good destination too and cost of livinģ is moderate, I have been in Nairobi since this year, low crime rate, low hostility towards foreigners and good for buying and selling wares, better still you can get a good job if you qualify..My friends say Mozambique and botswana are great too..but then you need money...

Thank you. I will make research towards what I need to do to move to Kenya.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways / Is Dublin Visa Free To Foreigners Living Legaly In Europe? / Dvlottery 2013 Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.