Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil (1380 Views)

Hyundai owners Discussion / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Peugeot 406 Or Honda End Of Discussion? Which Is Advisable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by Runtown07: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
My 2004 model EOD short engine oil, I don't know why., hv taken it to 2 different mechanic, the last one ask me to buy oil seal, buy this guy that, but no improvement, but the car accelerate very well, with calm engine sound when ignite and also doesn't smoke and sook plugs, but the last mechanic told me, it could be smoking inside the engine, how possible is that., please house help me with idea to stop this., I spend so much money buying oil to top it to gauge., thanks.
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by Angrygoat: 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
There is no smoke without fire,how can it be smoking inside and the smoke won't escape outside of engine. Which kind fact mechanic be that. My guy use scan scan your eod. Of my mechanic is not young sharp and has all tools on ground especially old scanner ,na kazeem he be.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by eherbal(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Runtown07:
My 2004 model EOD short engine oil, I don't know why., hv taken it to 2 different mechanic, the last one ask me to buy oil seal, buy this guy that, but no improvement, but the car accelerate very well, with calm engine sound when ignite and also doesn't smoke and sook plugs, but the last mechanic told me, it could be smoking inside the engine, how possible is that., please house help me with idea to stop this., I spend so much money buying oil to top it to gauge., thanks.
do smoke test 101
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Runtown07:
Smoking inside the engine. Lol. That mechanic is a comedian. Run from him. angry
It's one or two things bro. Either the car is smoking or the oil is leaking somewhere.
Don't think it doesn't smoke just because you didn't see smoke when you check it in the morning, it could be smoking when you're on top speed. And it can be a leak.
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by MARKone(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
Runtown07:

You guys should also make use of Google at times, go to car complain dot com, you'll get to know that, that your particular Honda model 03 to 06 has a reputation of oil shortage, no matter what you do, it'll still be shorting oil, save money for a new engine, and pray that the engine you buy is not affected, it happened to me.
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by Grupo(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
Runtown07:

First, you need to state how much oil your engine burns.

Like, how many liters does it burn after 1,000 miles?

If it burns less than a liter or even a liter after every 1,000 miles, then it's not that bad and you should keep managing it like that.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by TRYGO(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2021
Welcome to NL.

*What's the mileage on your car?

*What oil grade have you been using before now? Has there been somewhat change from one oil grade to another? For example, 20W50 to 5w20(30)?

*What solution options are you looking at? Repair or replace?

*What's your engine capacity? 4/6cykinder?

Here are what I'd suggest you check and do:

1. Check your engine's PCV first for a failed check ball(has a valve kind of bearing in it). If it's bad, you sure would keep consuming oil.

2. Inspect the top cylinder valve covers for oil leaks, and probably spills on the engine block or head(s), if a V6.
Replace the valve cover gasket, or crankshaft/camshaft oil seals, if they are the culprits.

3. What oil grade are you or have been using before this problem?
Be aware that oil leak sealers been sold, ONLY MASKS THE PROBLEM, NOT FIX IT.

4. Finally, it does not necessarily means that it's only when an engine visibly emits smoke, before it has internal engine issues.

In my opinion, and experiences rebuilding engines, your piston rings may be worn out already. It's just a matter of time for the sure signs of oil consumptions to be visible in form of smoke.

Replacing or rebuilding that engine maybe your best bet trust me.

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by dicksonadams(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
If the cylinder walls have been gauge, can you rebuild that type of engine as well?
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by adanny01(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
Runtown07:

I bought my 2003 Accord in 2014, it was shorting oil since then and it's still shorting oil now and I have done over 100,000 miles on it. It úsed to be small but the shortage is high now without any visible dropping on the floor.

You just have to make do with it. Just check for PCV valve blockage, that's what most mechanics would not know but don't expect it to stop entirely.

Also more than a liter short in 1000 miles is considered much, that's close to like 4litre in one service cycle or 3500 miles
Re: Honda Accord 2004( End Of Discussion) Short Engine Oil by TkhGuy(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
Runtown07:
get it to this guy to properly analyse the issue if you in abuja, his name is drcoolautofix I heard he charge for diagnostics but 9 out of ten will give you precise details..

(1) (Reply)

Look What They Did To My Catalytic Converter! / 2009 Infinity Fx50 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (tpms) Fault / Comprehensive Car Scanning In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.